Politely Fridgid

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Politely Fridgid

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:51 pm

favnrrdgrrl10 wrote:
Innocence Abandoned wrote:What's all this about a devils trap, anyway
I mean it's not like pentagrams existed for centuries before this devils trap reference was ever made or anything
It doesn't seem to me that Bleedman would be interested in watching/referencing a show like that anyway

A devils trap is refrance to the show Super Natural when they wanted to make a demon powerless they would trap them in it. But as I said earlier the devils trap has more lines and symbols while this simple pentagrams meaning has changed so many times it's hard to decide which reference they are going for.

It also could be that it is a Devil's trap but Bleedman just didn't want to make so many lines and generators so he used a Demon trap instead. But we just have to wait what Bleedman is going to do with this.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:55 pm

it's not a demon trap >__> the devils trap is for demons. the pentagram is protection and stuff, it wasn't originally made for demons but it's meaning has changed over hundred of years, but I don't recall anything on a demon trap.
I'm not crazy, I'm differently sane - The Joker

Postby dizdman102293 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:12 pm

favnrrdgrrl10 wrote:it's not a demon trap >__> the devils trap is for demons. the pentagram is protection and stuff, it wasn't originally made for demons but it's meaning has changed over hundred of years, but I don't recall anything on a demon trap.

You are right about it only being a pentagram, but there are demon traps anlong with devils traps depending on how strong the deomon is it could be either of them. For Mimi it would have to be atleast a full devils trap to be able to do anything.

Postby Shinigami Grimson » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:31 pm

Did it ever occur to anybody that it's not a FLUFFIN' reference?! Maybe it's just gonna electrocute her and Bleedman thought a pentagram would look cool.
Once there was an ugly barnacle. He was so ugly that everyone died. The End

Postby dizdman102293 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:15 pm

Shinigami Grimson wrote:Did it ever occur to anybody that it's not a FLUFFIN' reference?! Maybe it's just gonna electrocute her and Bleedman thought a pentagram would look cool.

Yes, that had occurred to me that is why I am not saying that is a reference to any show or game of any kind. I am just talking about pentagrams and Devils traps.

Postby Midnight08 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:46 am

okay....this is probably going to hurt, but will more then likely make Mimi fight all the more harsher and piss her off as well.

Postby daviso452 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:49 am

favnrrdgrrl10 wrote:I faced Palmed myself after reading this but can't stop laughing. but let me say

FOCUS THIS IS NOT AFTERBIRTH SO STOP TALKING ABOUT IT
-__- this is not afterbirth, for awhile people didn't like it when it was brought up but now it's like the biggest subject on this story. wtf that's like reading the first book to something like idk pull out my ass Twilight and I cry to the ugly girl "But NO WOLF BOY DON'T DO IT SHE LOVES GLITTER BOY!"

why can't we focus on this story, this update and what not and leave Afterbirth for when it comes?

I never said it was afterbirth. I was saying that in afterbirth, mimi still lived in the snow. I was not saying this is afterbirth. This is What About Mimi?

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:35 am

okay I thought it was strange that the screen said Purge when she activated it and looked up anything with those words together mostly songs about being torched and bound and having to beg for mercy for your sins, idk if that could be what they are going for but it would fit Mandy making Mimi beg to be forgiven

Postby kawaiibubbles » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:53 am

You all have great ideas on what this could mean.. Now it's tme for me ti inject mine!
I think that mimi will somehow escape and cause more commotzion since she's desply upset at having to relive being torn away from her mom....i also agree with who eversaid the minnie will be on her mom's side and want to hurt Mimi since she's jelouse that Jr is affiliated with her (if that's the right way to word it)
Either way i'm on Mimi's side!
Aren't i just the cutest at that age? it's so good to be young!
Teehee

Postby konata50 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:57 am

oh man this looks bad for Mimi mandy is going to give some pain like a badass

Watch Mimi get captured thrown in a Cell crying for hours than Jr. Lets her out saying we,re going than mini shows up at the front gate or portal joins them they leave and mandy goes all cording to plan.
Or shes really REALLY pissed off cause i think Jr is not going to stand watching his friends get hurt
or does that escape sound like an RPG thing i dont know
Last edited by konata50 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Kona-Squad's sign of approval..

Postby Imosa » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:17 am

I love how this pentagram thing is just there. I mean ok you have a defense system in the cases that protect your valuables, fair enough; however, what are the chances of someone being in one of the pentagons. You can't tessellate regular pentagons so you have no chance of covering the whole ground.

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:37 pm

Although this isn't about the Pentagram, there are still two characters who have to appear in the comics from Billy & Mandy: Jack 'O Lantern and Eris (although her apple and tattoo on Hoss did appear).
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby dizdman102293 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:52 pm

You're forgetting Mindy, Scar, and a few other minor characters.

Postby peanut735 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:40 pm

Ok I agree with whoever said that bleedman just put the star in cuz it looks cool cuz... U kno... Pretty sic ass! U r all argueing about the star rather than talking about the comic! SERIOUSLY PEOPLE!?!?!!!
Back 2 the comic
OMG! Not the fridge! K so Mimi is gonna receive help from jr ,but mini is gonna stay out of it
Jrs gonna confess his love 4 Mimi and minis gonna get pissed ,Mandy's gonna b dumbfounded grims gonna b like 'Omg what the shit?'

( sorry 4 the txt lingo I'm sorta busy)
Hope thers a new page soon!
Team Dexter&Blossom Forever!
Go Nerdfighters!
EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!
Random,Weird,Animal Lover.- How People Describe ME!! YAY!
Im on Cartoon Doll Emporium. Im peanut735 there,too. Friend me, I wont say no.

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:21 pm

debating the stars meaning cause depending on which one they are going for can decide what it does to mimi either it cages her there, or it hurts her a lot, or if it really is just for looks it will do nothing, I know they like putting little teasers to make us think what will happen next but to make it the main thing, it has to have a meaning, also if it really does nothing why would Mandy activate it, I think that does kinda talk about the comic peanut.

either way Mandy will win, she is in her home with dozen of guards, death, mini and evil dany, while Mimi has Jr the boy who doesn't know how to use his own powers yet his sister who hates Mimi can turn his body into a weapon agents Mimi. I'm just wondering how long Mimi will drag out her doom.

Postby Myastar14 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:46 pm

First off I'm new and this is my very First Post!!!! Mimi is on her OWN. Good luck, Mimi!

Only Twelve years old!!
Last edited by Myastar14 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
When it come being a preteen..... life is always HARD.

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:54 pm

..... um he's bathing hearing her scream, he sent there KNOWING what Mandy would do...

also am I the only one who goes wtf twelve?
Last edited by favnrrdgrrl10 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby dizdman102293 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:59 pm

I have to agree it is unlikely that Him would show up to help Mimi right now even if he cared.
Jeff can't save her either because he was decapitated by him remember.
Last edited by dizdman102293 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:05 pm

myastar Jeff is dead....
remember bathing pic his soul was in a cage, and Mimi is on this mission to save Jeff, after his head was cut off?

I don't think this is for a twelve year old, maybe that's just me :roll:

Postby Myastar14 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:13 pm

U can only called me Mya if nessacary. -_-
When it come being a preteen..... life is always HARD.

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:26 pm

Myastar your age truly shows and speaks loudly.

ANYWAYS since HIM was brought up I again do wonder what Mandy will do to him once she is finished with his daughter.

Postby Xi-1 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:03 pm

Yes, Pain's name is 'Charles.' Mandy called him that earlier. Mainly, though, for right now you can tell Pain's still smarting about what Mimi did to him and his subordinates earlier.

I would also like to point out that the fridge was not in the vault. It is an object that Mimi Hammerspace'd into the scene. Now take a pause to breathe and think it over, because she brought it in fully loaded!

If the 'Purge' command was not on the screen I would be thinking that the pentagram is for containment. The 'Purge' command itself suggests either eradication or ejection (ie: purging a substance from your body, purging a virus). It is also interesting that the diodes for the pentagram are inside the containment units for the items in Mandy's vault (all of which now seem to be empty because the objects fell out when Mimi shattered their glass -- and how curious is it that Mandy used glass instead of, I don't know, transparisteel).
A Page Flipper

Postby Masterius » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:50 am

Xi-1 wrote:If the 'Purge' command was not on the screen I would be thinking that the pentagram is for containment. The 'Purge' command itself suggests either eradication or ejection (ie: purging a substance from your body, purging a virus). It is also interesting that the diodes for the pentagram are inside the containment units for the items in Mandy's vault (all of which now seem to be empty because the objects fell out when Mimi shattered their glass -- and how curious is it that Mandy used glass instead of, I don't know, transparisteel).

Considering Mandy had specifically corrected Pain's statement about Mimi having to face 'his wrath' to 'her wrath', I somehow don't think simply ejecting Mimi will accomplish satisfying Mandy's cold fury. And simply eradicating her would also be too simple. So I suspect that, in addition to being helplessly confined, Mimi's about to face a heap o' exquisite torment and torture. :(
Sundered Sisters: a PPG fanfic
Last Update: 03/31/2012

comments and critiques welcomed

Image Image Image

Postby dizdman102293 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:15 am

I have to agree with Masterius on this one Mandy wants to crush Mimi slowly to calm herself not just kick her out or completely destroy her.

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:15 am

Mandy won't kill Mimi I'm sure she never thought of it, she's a killer and many evil things but I don't think she could be so heartless to kill a child, cause Mandy has standards, a child killer is more like HIM or the creepy ice cream truck driver and she won't lower self to their level. No she just will torment the child and bend Mimi to a point of pain to join Mandy and to save Jeff for Mimi's gain, I'm sure that's what Mandy will purpose she doesn't know why Mimi is there but she knows HIM sent her and what he's done and distroying HIM would also help Mandy with some of those spies she has.

Maybe Mimi will cry or something causing her to mumble something about Jeff and catches Mandy's attention? Doubtful but would be interesting Mandy could use Jeff to watch her kids and go back to building an army with her womb. :roll:

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!