Mother Arrive

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Mother Arrive

Postby DarkFoxSS1 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:17 pm

Juuuust because I like debate... I may suck at it, but...

Firstly, yes. We get it. Some of us are surprised Blossom is the mother. Me? I'm sort of disappointed if anything. Along with an ex-team member pointing out that some people seriously wanted Blossom as a mother, the evidence there was clear enough...

Obviously, the pink beam was one of them. I wanted to nit pick about how blossoms laser eyes weren't pink but red, like Superman's. Then I figured, for the sake of me not twitching with some more obvious details, that she must've flown by and chopped the thing in half. It's Blossom. She's perfectly capable.

Then of course you have the blacked out figure and the white trench coat. Other things that should've clued us in, despite the lack of giant ass bow. She's fighting for her life here. More than likely, the bow wouldn't survive.

And as far as Grim saying the hero's were dead, his actual words were more along the lines of, "One by one, they were defeated." And keeping in mind this is a flash back, this means that there are still a few heroes yet to be taken down. More than likely, the super powered ones like the ones we've already seen.

Gonna stop there now, as you'll likely have gotten the point.

Now, as far as who Mimi's father is, we'd have to take a look at her. She's got straight, black hair, red eyes and a very humanoid form. She seems to like dressing up, or is at least provided with nice cloths, and wears boots, dresses and a few bows on her person including the large one on her head. She also apparently can't walk... Hmmm...

Now, we established Blossom is the mother. That would explain her straight hair, her liking bows, the red eyes and maybe even her picking up on her mother's fighting spirit. I say the red eyes could be explained by Blossom's genetics as, even if she bedded someone with darker eyes it's a good possibility the kid's eyes would still pick up the red hue in one form or another.

Now... who has black hair? Or black hair within their family? HIM does, that's for sure. Mandark is another possibility. There could be others but I can't immediately remember.

Not Dexter. Neither Blossom nor Dexter have the genetics needed for their kid to be black haired. Dexter is a red head, which he picked up from his mother and his father is blonde. As far as I could tell, you kid probably won't have black hair due to her grandparents. And Blossom? She's a chemically created little girl who came out a red head. Even if Dexter did have the genes for their daughter having black hair, Blossom's genetics might be more dominant and make the kid a red head anyway. Blossom's relation to Bubbles and Buttercup likely won't have played a role in her child's hair color as... again... they were all artificially created.

Real quick, touching on species. As far as HIM not being able to get Blossom pregnant because of different species... You've got to keep in mind that Blossom isn't necessarily human herself. We just assume her body functions like one to keep things from getting more complicated. For all we know she might not be able to have kids with a human mate, and there could be several reasons for that! (Must resist making joke about super strength during orgasm.) It would take something super natural to safely and surely get her pregnant .... and who else but the devil himself to do it? He doesn't even really need to have sex with her as far as we know! Him could reproduce entirely differently! He could kiss Blossom and get her pregnant! Hell, he could do a silly little dance in front of a thousand people, sing "Sweet Child O' Mine" on stage then break out into a guitar solo just to get Blossom pregnant!

Point is, HIM being the father isn't too far fetched. Hell, if anything that would probably explain her inability to use her legs. HIM and Blossom not being exactly compatible to begin with (in every sense), it could give Mimi some physical difficulties due to the odd biological makeup she'd have.

HIM would also further explain the black hair and red eyes. He's got both and having a daughter physically related to him would probably make it easier to turn her into one of his own kind. Sure, he could probably do that with a normal human child but I doubt there'd be the same perks or sense of satisfaction from it.

Hmmm... *ponders~*

Other, more human possibilities are there, of course. It's just unlikely. Why would HIM try to safely capture someone else's kid when he could easily just snap their neck, laugh and run off to prepare for Blossom's wrath later?

As far as the traitor goes, we have visible proof that it could be Dexter or Mandy. Me? I think they both had a hand in being traitors in one way or another. Mandy being Mandy, she'd probably act as a catalyst for the defeat of the heroes. She's always been concerned with her being in command, on top and always winning. What better way to do that than to get rid of the competition? Once their dead, Mandy can just use Grim to rule the underworld, use her own smarts to become a political superpower in the mortal world... and then she'll have everything she'll need to take down the overworld/heaven/whatever else there could be.

Dexter? He's always been the heroic type, but he's also super smart. Like someone said before, I doubt he'd willingly become evil. In my mind, he asks for the power of an evil entity then turns around and tries to do good with it while he can. He may be a boy genius but that only gets you so far in some situations. We've seen he's not always 100% successful, he's probably got a separate computer available to document his wrong doings so he can try to learn from them later! XD Seriously, though, he'd likely figure out he'd need some help. Since creating his own superpowers didn't work before and DeeDee's seemed to have worn off he'd go for something he knew would work.

I figure Mandy would give Dexter that extra little push he needed to go through with it and sit back and watched as everything fell apart from there.

... Wow, that's alot of text. But ain't nothin' I'm sayin' law, folks. I'm just gathering what I know and trying to make it fit. I've been wrong plenty of times before, but I've also had my share of being right.

Oh, and congrats. If you read this all, you ... well... you read it all.
Only the wise know how foolish they are... (I have a fairly good idea)

I like manga and mochi, I'm crazy 'bout those things
Mini Models and orbs in glass bottles
Anime, gaming and RolePlaying flings
Those are a few of my fa-vo-rite things <3

Postby Imosa » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:21 pm

D-Man wrote:SIDE NOTE: Mimi is the daughter of a PPG and Him should'nt she be crazy powerful or something but shes just in a wheel chair what happened to her?... she'd kick to much AZZ i guess or something
I'm sorry, were you saying something about weak in wheelchairs?
I think Grids once mentioned that there is a connection between her powers and the fact that she in a wheel chair. I don't remember too well because this was when people were talking about Raven being the mother and Grids was saying a lot of stuff back then.

Postby stratus » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:25 pm

people had no clue it would be blossom until the last page so theres not much point in posting those tons of "I knew it" comments

CinCire wrote:I agree with you, klim.
And D, she doesn't just assume their powers at birth.
could happen. though in afterbirth she still only uses her demonic powers. but weve already seen shes has super strentgh so maybe thats from blossom.

Postby CinCire » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:32 pm

MIMI'S FATHER IS HIM.
I can't see how this could be any more fucking clear. There's no "maybe" about it, or it being too "farfetched".
Her powers have something to do with gravitational force, I believe.

Name one hero that assumed all of their parents' powers that isn't a mary-sue, D.
"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people."
John Lennon

Postby Cecona » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:35 pm

I'm surprised at the number of people who still think that Mimi's parents can still be in question. Mimi looks a lot like blossom despite what others may say. I can see it and if you colored her hair red it would be a lot more convincing. And of course she has traits from Him as well. And the person who posted a bit back saying they would no longer read the comic I feel sorry for you and your closed mindedness... As for how Mimi came to be... I wouldn't put it past Him to do so forcefully...
-hits kinkyfangirl side with a bat-

Also I love the little sparkle in Mimi's eyes as she looks at her mother.
Last edited by Cecona on Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby geminidragon » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:38 pm

You know...not to be offensive or anything...but I always thought he was...that HIM was... well on the FABULOUS side... I mean he seemed more flirtatious with the professor than I ever had seen him with the PPG... o.O
WISDOM= It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and say the opposite.

Postby Imosa » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:42 pm

@DarkFoxSS1: It's great that you have opinions but maybe a few small posts would be better then that large one. I read most of it and ya Mimi's Dad has been known for a while. As for Dexter or Mandy being the traitor... ya maybe. The thing is that giving us a ways that these characters could be traitors doesn't make it more likely that they are traitors.

Also whats with people thinking that Mimi's wearing bows makes it likely that Blossom is the mother? You do realize that liking bows is not a genetic trait, right?

Postby CinCire » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:44 pm

Imosa wrote:@DarkFoxSS1: It's great that you have opinions but maybe a few small posts would be better then that large one. I read most of it and ya Mimi's Dad has been known for a while. As for Dexter or Mandy being the traitor... ya maybe. The thing is that giving us a ways that these characters could be traitors doesn't make it more likely that they are traitors.

Also whats with people thinking that Mimi's wearing bows makes it likely that Blossom is the mother? You do realize that liking bows is not a genetic trait, right?

The hell are you talking about? Bows definetly grow in hair. It's a superpower.
"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people."
John Lennon

Postby DarkFoxSS1 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:49 pm

Imosa wrote:@DarkFoxSS1: It's great that you have opinions but maybe a few small posts would be better then that large one. I read most of it and ya Mimi's Dad has been known for a while. As for Dexter or Mandy being the traitor... ya maybe. The thing is that giving us a ways that these characters could be traitors doesn't make it more likely that they are traitors.

|D Whaaat? several short posts? That's spamming~ Besides, I like making long posts. Don't know why. I just do.

I only really mention the bow thing because it's not too far fetched for Mimi to pick up liking bows from Blossom, who she seems to admire but doesn't seem to realize they're related... or does, but was raised by Raven.

When you admire someone, especially as a little kid, you tend to subconsciously pick up on certain things like how they dress, how they act and so on. Though, yeah, the whole bow thing doesn't mean every girl wearing a bow is Blossom's daughter.

Though, as an artist, it does kind of give a visual hint. Some artists (more often than not from what I've seen) will make the children of characters wear clothes, eat foods and do things their parents would do... simply to try and say, "Yeah, these two characters defiantly have a connection/relationship."

Postby Imosa » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:57 pm

DarkFoxSS1 wrote:|D Whaaat? several short posts? That's spamming~ Besides, I like making long posts.
Ya don't do that. Just suggest a topic of conversation and see if it goes anywhere and after a while suggest another topic of conversation.

Postby DarkFoxSS1 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:03 pm

Imosa wrote:
DarkFoxSS1 wrote:|D Whaaat? several short posts? That's spamming~ Besides, I like making long posts.
Ya don't do that. Just suggest a topic of conversation and see if it goes anywhere and after a while suggest another topic of conversation.

I find if I do that, that I don't always get to what I wanted to say (either I forget or simply can't get to it for one reason or another) so I just say everything there... People who wanna read it can, and those who don't would skip over it. |D

Postby CrusaderRyuoki » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:25 pm

zwordsman wrote:I'm with the "just cause he said daughter doesn't mean blood"

I mean.. I can't really see them being biologically compatible. Of hand I assume thats one reason she turned all red like him; he infused power to make him more 'his daughter'

I mean.. I don't think it's been said his daughter other than him just calling her that in passing. HIM"s pretty darn weird. They called her princess and all, that doesn't make her a princess (although.... HIM's not a king is he? )

As CinCire has previously stated Him is Mimi's biological father and even Him states it on the page "Momma's Gonna Help You Out" when he says that raven couldn't bare his child meaning that blossom could and did. as for calling her a princess, Him rules a part of hell so he could be considered a king and Mimi his daughter would be the princess.

kaiserd wrote:I just skimmed so I'm not sure if I'm the only one that's going to point this out but... Blossom's daughter there... SHE HAS FRICKEN BLACK HAIR! Being Dexter's and Blossom's daughter seems odd to me unless you tell me she has some sort of curse or hair dye or something. By the way, just because Him says that its his daughter doesn't prove much. Grim is Junior's dad but their not exactly related by blood if I recall.

Mimi is Him's daughter. see previous explaination
dancing otter wit a fish

Postby caveman » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:28 pm

Wait, Mimi's mother is Blossom, dad is HIM.
How could that happen? :unsure:
Is she betrade good guys? Or did he some how managed to rape her?

Postby Nina333 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:44 pm

Well, I'm surprised. Somehow, I thought the pink laser was a tease to make me think Blossom could be the mom. Some people are upset and some people are happy about Blossom being the mom. I think it's kind of weird. I would have thought Him would end up with Bubbles if he liked one of the PowerPuff Girls. It also seemed like Blossom was supposed to be with Dexter. However, Dexter/Blossom could have happened and Him somehow tricked Blossom into having his kid. Him has the power to shape shift so he could have transformed into Dexter. Blossom would slept with Him and thought he was Dexter. We will just have to wait for an explanation to how Him/Blossom happened. Him is the father and Blossom is the mother of MiMi.

Postby CinCire » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:11 pm

For all we know, since these are different comics, Blossom might have never met Dexter in GT. They might have passed each other, but not have been romantically involved.
John Lennon

Postby sega7 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:21 pm

Cecona wrote:I'm surprised at the number of people who still think that Mimi's parents can still be in question. Mimi looks a lot like blossom despite what others may say. I can see it and if you colored her hair red it would be a lot more convincing. And of course she has traits from Him as well. And the person who posted a bit back saying they would no longer read the comic I feel sorry for you and your closed mindedness... As for how Mimi came to be... I wouldn't put it past Him to do so forcefully...
-hits kinkyfangirl side with a bat-

Also I love the little sparkle in Mimi's eyes as she looks at her mother.

WOW...seriously, do you you know what humor is? Geez as if I was serious...I read this story too far to stop now....GEEZ
"Can't we all just get along?"
- Rodney King

Postby tragedycollins » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:30 pm

i was thoroughly surprised but i kind of agree with others that maybe this is a twist in the plot. blossom doesn't seem like the type of girl to go with HIM. i think that it might be buttercup (considering she has fallen for the enemy before) or for an even bigger, wackier twist, being bubbles. now i would be shocked to see that.
but looking at the picture, i dunno... :unsure:

Postby sega7 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:33 pm

Anyway before I was RUDELY pointed out for making joke, by someone >_<

I still think it's strange that HIM/Blossom would even get together or whatever.., but I hope no one hasn't forgotten that this is Mimi's nightmare so that must mean that Blossom may have died or something while trying to rescue her, as well as Raven and the others (except Jeff).

Blossom did die in PGD and she was brought back once, maybe she died again and made a deal with HIM, thus forcing her to bare his child.
Last edited by sega7 on Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Rodney King

Postby Markulin » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:34 pm

Holy shit! I know there were speculations about her being the mother, stil, HOW THE FUCK DID HIM AND BLOSSOM END UP TOGETHER? ...
what is he doing with that scy...

Postby CinCire » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:39 pm

Sega, Cecona wasnt being rude. Cec didn't know you were making a joke. Calm down.

And no one said these two were "together"; she could have been raped.
John Lennon

Postby Minigrim » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:42 pm

Blossom and... Him o.O HOW THE HELL DID THAT HAPPEN :eek: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Postby sega7 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:45 pm

CinCire wrote:Sega, Cecona wasnt being rude. Cec didn't know you were making a joke. Calm down.

And no one said these two were "together"; she could have been raped.

Whether she/he knew I was making a joke or not, that still doesn't mean you call someone close minded just because they decide to not read the comic anymore, so she/he shouldn't take my joke seriously. Thats why I said they were being rude, I apologize, I wasn't trying to overreact.

Moving on...

I'm not saying Blossom/HIM got together either but we're all still kinda skeptical about how this happened.
- Rodney King

Postby minxelfin26 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:54 pm

But wait i thought blossom and HIM was enemy so why do they have a child?! :| >:( :unsure:

Postby Unlimited » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:56 pm

minxelfin26 wrote:But wait i thought blossom and HIM was enemy so why do they have a child?! :| >:( :unsure:

Evil super plot happened?
Memento mori

Postby DannyO007 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:02 pm

She looks way more like Lalavava to me >.>

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!