Shadow Off the Colossus

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Shadow Off the Colossus

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:50 pm

Innocence Abandoned wrote:
Atvaark wrote:i don't like the way brave is pinching (?) robin's cheek. is he in his normal state of mind? he did go through some pretty traumatic stuff just now.

Good hell that is strange, I didn't notice that before.

He just thinks its cute and amusing. I think its her face that creeps you out.

And Nemo still has a missing arm, and the sheep is dying.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby shadownerd221 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:55 am

Frankly I still can't believe people are concern about that little pinch on the cheek. It's just a pinch, what could possibly go wrong with a little pinch on the cheek?

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:50 pm

Let's say you're a guy in, oh I don't know, his late 30s.

A young girl whom you had just met that morning runs up to you and gives you a hug, and you pinch her on the cheek.

Does none of this seem at least a little strange to you?

Postby Cecona » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:47 pm

I don't see brave as that kind of guy. I see the pinch in the same way you would want to pinch a little kids cheek because they are just so darn ridiculous and cute. Have you never had the urge to pinch a cheek without it being pervy?

Postby Xi-1 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:43 pm

I never liked getting my cheeks pinched, therefore I don't pinch others' cheeks. It's about mutual respect.

That red armour wolf appeared a couple pages ago. I thought he was going to try a sneak attack. I guess he still could, if there was a point. Or weren't they all being controlled by Mindsnare? I doubt he's feeling very overwhelmed now, but he might decide a strategic retreat was in order anyway. At the rate at which people seem to be ignoring a bleeding Bo, he might count a victory by default.

Also, he has to separate Ginger and Licorice. Who wants a Time Out?

Cool armour, awesome strength and flame, and a great sense of humour. No wonder Brave wins the adoration of all the girls. How inspiring. Now, would someone bake Hansel a replacement arm and half a head while a medic stitches Bo before she actually dies?

EDIT: It's not a one-off. That's how Brave looks normally. There's a page earlier on where Bo walks in on him meditating and his armour looks the same.
A Page Flipper

Postby Baby_Blion » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:41 pm

Innocence Abandoned wrote:Let's say you're a guy in, oh I don't know, his late 30s.

A young girl whom you had just met that morning runs up to you and gives you a hug, and you pinch her on the cheek.

Does none of this seem at least a little strange to you?

No, i don't think it's strange. He had just risked his life to save all of them, including Robin, and she's running up to him saying that she wants to be just like him. She now looks up to Brave, and he probably finds that amusing. He's just pinching her cheek because she's adorable and innocent not because he's a pedophile. It's just a gesture older people sometime do towards younger people as a sign of affection. I don't think it was to be interpreted as anything other than that.
Nyu ~<3

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:45 pm

I wasn't suggesting that it was pedophilic behavior
It seemed like something outside of Brave's regular actions as a character
You sick people

Postby Omniczar » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:59 pm

All things considered? Yeah, I agree with Innocence on this one.
Omniczar: Why is everything against me?
BeeAre: Because you are representing the spiritual monkey, as the classical buffoon or jester or fool of a joke. 'Tis Shakespearean.
Omniczar: I knew being a volunteer at Ren Faire would come back to haunt me someday.

Check out my fanfiction here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2168375/Teddypro

Postby wonder3 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:58 am

Apparently poeple only read the first paragraph of long post here. The censorship was meant as a joke to get poeple to go back and reread the comic it was to set up a guideline for the speculation further down in the post. Sorry you took it seriously tryed subtext and deversion and I wind up being critized. From now on I'll state things without adding jokes apparently they are not welcome here.
No one knows what the future holds until it happens.Anything is possible just not probable.
Some might not live long enough to truly appreciate life but you have to take good with the bad and hope they learn

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:30 pm

Okay, I think I'm going to be the only one thinking this, but... doesn't Robin look somewhat like Sly Cooper in that second to last paragraph? Her art design really changed.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:40 pm

Mmm... (Looks at Sly Cooper pics) more than usual maybe, but IMO not very much.

Still, the fact that you even made that connection is an automatic +5 awesome

Postby Xi-1 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:11 pm

I think those who see Brave's current behaviour as unusual forget what he was like before. Remember all the times he did a thumbs-up? They were at moments like when Ginger kissed Hansel. Brave is too Awesome to have changed all that much just because of Mindsnare's piddling influence. he'll be back to the blue flame in no time. Meanwhile, a little cheek-pinching of an adorable girl seems perfectly in-character if you remember Brave's silent but whimsical side.
A Page Flipper

Postby stratus » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:14 pm

personally i think robin would suck as a brace heart combatwise. but i could see her as a sort of a stealth / infiltrations person

Postby Omniczar » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:00 pm

stratus wrote:personally i think robin would suck as a brace heart combatwise. but i could see her as a sort of a stealth / infiltrations person

Dito.
Omniczar: Why is everything against me?
BeeAre: Because you are representing the spiritual monkey, as the classical buffoon or jester or fool of a joke. 'Tis Shakespearean.
Omniczar: I knew being a volunteer at Ren Faire would come back to haunt me someday.

Check out my fanfiction here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2168375/Teddypro

Postby KingM10 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:08 pm

I just find this whole page one big step to a disappointing ending. either someone dies, or it'll just be a classic Disney ending. i think it's safe to assume that Bo will be that tribute.

Postby stratus » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:52 pm

meh theres hope the last wolf will be serious butt kicker and everyone is screwed. anyways it would be a shame if licorice wasnt able to do what ever big ritual she was planning. so some definetly needs to die. hopefully not bo but maybe tiny tim. heck they could of used the limo driver as a sacrifice since lico did actually manage to kill him

Postby wonder3 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:20 pm

Four possible deaths:
1.Gene becuase licrorice kills him, he is in love with her or ginger
2. Bo becuase will she is bleeding to death right now
3. Hansel he is half the person he started out as, goes to show that is how the cookie crumbles
4.Robin becuase Nemo is not his self if you haven't noticed he has been infected by the shadow wolf much like Brave but he does not have as strong a will and will probably go on a rampage.
No one knows what the future holds until it happens.Anything is possible just not probable.
Some might not live long enough to truly appreciate life but you have to take good with the bad and hope they learn

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!