O Ye Bats and Blackbirds

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: O Ye Bats and Blackbirds

Postby Rawrtastic5000 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:08 am

Woah, Raven being Mimi's mom.. I'm oddly not surprised.. IF Raven is her mom I mean.. I wonder how HIM got Raven to have a little boogy time in bed.. O.o

Irwin is a cute little mummy bat. What happen to Hoss?
Holy frijoles! I am a newb extraordinaire.. I'm a girl too.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:44 pm
Location: In your pillowcase, slowly eating your brain matter each day.
Gender: None specified

Re: O Ye Bats and Blackbirds

Postby wonder3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:22 am

Rawrtastic5000 wrote:Woah, Raven being Mimi's mom.. I'm oddly not surprised.. IF Raven is her mom I mean.. I wonder how HIM got Raven to have a little boogy time in bed.. O.o

Irwin is a cute little mummy bat. What happen to Hoss?


Him probably was able to trick her like the dragon did in TeenTitans. She is easily fooled at first but the longer the guise last the more chance you have of being found out. As for Hoss if you remeber he is a berserker and forgets about allies when fighting monsters. A question no one has brought up is what did Irwin and the others do to Him? Irwin clearly stated that Him came back after all the things they did to get rid of Him.
No one knows what the future holds until it happens.Anything is possible just not probable.
Some might not live long enough to truly appreciate life but you have to take good with the bad and hope they learn
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: somewhere between hell and heaven
Gender: Male

Re: O Ye Bats and Blackbirds

Postby Posioner » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:09 am

Finaally her worrst part of her fear. I also didn't think Raven would've died so soom though.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:13 am
Location: USA
Gender: None specified

Re: O Ye Bats and Blackbirds

Postby Brand » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:16 am

Love how everyone's assuming Raven is the mother just because of two letters Mimi muttered. No other evidence, yet it's 100% guarenteed, amirite?
I am as dusk, come to ravage the light...
offline
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:19 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: O Ye Bats and Blackbirds

Postby Imosa » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:37 am

Brand wrote:Love how everyone's assuming Raven is the mother just because of two letters Mimi muttered. No other evidence, yet it's 100% guarenteed, amirite?
Well, It's likely, anyway.

Posioner wrote:Finaally her worrst part of her fear. I also didn't think Raven would've died so soom though.
I sure hope not. If this is the worst Mimi goes through I will be disappointed.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 2:03 pm
Location: EST
Gender: None specified

Re: O Ye Bats and Blackbirds

Postby neroflame13 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:56 am

0.o mimi was going to say mama?
is raven is the mother?
offline
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:31 am
Gender: None specified

Re: O Ye Bats and Blackbirds

Postby DJ4U » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:11 am

neroflame13 wrote:0.o mimi was going to say mama?
is raven is the mother?


That's the general idea at this point bro
Relax, enjoy a comic or two, don't be a dick...I think I accomplished my quota for the day.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:07 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: O Ye Bats and Blackbirds

Postby Sarahbark » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:49 am

Brand wrote:Love how everyone's assuming Raven is the mother just because of two letters Mimi muttered. No other evidence, yet it's 100% guarenteed, amirite?


Griddles said she was.
Your point is invalid.
There's a plan?
I don't know yet, I haven't finished talking.

Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:06 pm
Location: In your head, causing insanity
Gender: None specified

Re: O Ye Bats and Blackbirds

Postby GrimSenior44 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:07 am

gamelizard wrote:dont forget bubbles has been controlled in the past by HIM so she still may be the traitor.

When more exactly did this happen?
mintcream95 wrote:
shadownerd221 wrote:Is she truly dead? We shall wait and see.



no he got her wings, he cutted them off, or he slit her throat.

That's just a cape, also "cutted"?The heck is that?
shadownerd221 wrote:Honestly how many of you think she died.

I am neutral for I don't give a damn about Raven
Goldenguy wrote:....Wow...just wow...my guess its that Raven was drunk...or hypnotized...or Him was disguised...

Drunk-no, Beast Boy would have raped her already, or that dragon in the book.Hypnotized-no, Trigon's cells should be able to prevent that even if she only shares half the cells of the same race as him for her mother was a human.Disguised-....are you sure you are not just trying to make her look like less of a wh(censored)?That is by far the lamest theory I heard today.
Jeroin wrote:I always wondered who had brown hair and blue eyes like Grim Jr. Timmy from Fairly Odd Parents? Does he really need to be powerful?

Yes, he does.Otherwise it could be Billy or even Waldo.
Besides her pick of men could also mean it's one of the Underworld's greatest warriors, I doubt Charles rules any part of Hell, she could have done it with Grim which she seems to control a certain level of the Underworld with if he actually had any "meat", Him rules another level of the UW according to the Angel from GT, however he is evil so no genuine betrayal there, Nergal Jr seems to be Minnie's father as we see, besides the fact she already did it with Danny, so I am guessing Jr's father is another maybe-yet-secret ruler of another of Underworld's levels.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:34 am
Location: Romania
Gender: None specified

Re: O Ye Bats and Blackbirds

Postby AkuTenshiiZero » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:16 am

Y'know, if Raven really is Mimi's mother, I could definitely believe that she legitimately fell for Him. If you've ever seen the Teen Titan's episode "Spellbound" you'd se she's prone to weakness when it comes to men. Besides, the idea of being with Him probably appealed to her repressed demonic side. What's interesting is that this would make Mimi 75% demon, yet at least as a young child she's a fraile human. And then there's the lack of attatchment in the way Raven is speaking, though that could just be written off as Raven being Raven.

Side note: Besides the fact that it's already confirmed, Mimi's hair and eye color are a strong indicator that Him is her biological father.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:29 am
Gender: Male

Re: O Ye Bats and Blackbirds

Postby konata50 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:33 am

Mimi yelled MA at ravens death does that means shes ravens kid when Irwin said little princess does that mean him and Raven? or am i thinking pretty limited/not far enough
The Kona-Squad's sign of approval..
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:01 am
Gender: None specified

Re: O Ye Bats and Blackbirds

Postby CrusaderRyuoki » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:50 am

damn, so many post alaready. im not gonna do a quote since so many people have already but HIM is Mimi's father everyone ! ITS ALREADY BEEN CONFIRMED MULTIPLE TIMES just because mimi said "ma" to raven doesnt immediately mean that raven is her mother (but if she is that would be fricken sweet.) also the other idea that raven took care of mimi is also valid. anyways the page is excellently done imo.
dancing otter wit a fish
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:42 pm
Gender: Male

Re: O Ye Bats and Blackbirds

Postby wonder3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:05 am

konata50 wrote:Mimi yelled MA at ravens death does that means shes ravens kid when Irwin said little princess does that mean him and Raven? or am i thinking pretty limited/not far enough


This would be a possibility if Grids didn't already say Mimi's father and mother are Him and Raven.
As for junior did a little surfing there and found there is a semi powerful wizard that fits the bill if something happened and he became powerful(http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=19) the fact that he loved Mandy can't be ignored niether as well as it seems the charecters that only got a cameo on this page are starting to play roles in the story. The fact that the unexspected is turning into the norm means that it is going to get interesting.

Sometime between Erwin's first death and here something terrible happened besides the destruction of megaville that involves Him, Irwin, and others it seems alittle redundent to state "You Monster! We suffered enough just to get rid of you! You'll say for coming back!" if he was referring to just the destroyed megaville.
No one knows what the future holds until it happens.Anything is possible just not probable.
Some might not live long enough to truly appreciate life but you have to take good with the bad and hope they learn
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: somewhere between hell and heaven
Gender: Male

Re: O Ye Bats and Blackbirds

Postby CinCire » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:21 am

There is no reason people should still be asking whether Raven is Mimi's mother. If you guys read, there are at least six or seven yeses answering that question.

And Nigel Planter never stood a chance with Mandy, unless he became stronger.
"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people."
John Lennon
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:21 pm
Location: New York, NY
Gender: None specified

Re: O Ye Bats and Blackbirds

Postby wonder3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:28 am

CinCire wrote:And Nigel Planter never stood a chance with Mandy, unless he became stronger.


That why I said if something happened (he became stronger) and he became powerful(considering everyone including Hoss, Nergal Jr., Irwin, and even Jeff have buffed up compared to the previous picture mentioned then it would make sense for him to be dead or powerful now).
No one knows what the future holds until it happens.Anything is possible just not probable.
Some might not live long enough to truly appreciate life but you have to take good with the bad and hope they learn
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: somewhere between hell and heaven
Gender: Male

Re: O Ye Bats and Blackbirds

Postby CinCire » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:17 pm

His eyes are black, also. So no matter what, sadly, he couldn't be the father.
"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people."
John Lennon
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:21 pm
Location: New York, NY
Gender: None specified

Re: O Ye Bats and Blackbirds

Postby konata50 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:58 pm

so hows everyone doing by the way i don task that ever lol HIM is very deadly so Evil im guessing Irwin will die next page Decapitation or a pet in a cage lol
The Kona-Squad's sign of approval..
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:01 am
Gender: None specified

Re: O Ye Bats and Blackbirds

Postby GrimSenior44 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:19 pm

CinCire wrote:His eyes are black, also. So no matter what, sadly, he couldn't be the father.

Saying Mandy eventually could fall for Nigel is like saying that if you look deep enough in Billy's nostrills you may even find a dinosaur, seems possible, IS UTTERLY IMTO-THE-F-ING-POSSIBLE, oh well...one can dream....
Besides if he eventually became strong enough to fight Saliva, Mandy's dog, and win I doubt he would be on par with the likes of Danny or Grim, besides Nergal Jr. is half-human thanks to Nergal Sr.'s wife which is a full-fledged human, while N. Sr. is a genuine nergal demon, thus by the hand of imagination, logic and *cough* guts*cough* I deduce that we may never know what Nergal would be like as a human or half-human.Impossible you may say...but let's look at the facts:
1)Human form unknown/unrevealed(in the show itself otherwise just a speculation)/doesn't exist.
2)Grim hates N. Jr. for *cough*doing Mandy*cough* and Sr. for he tried to force Billy&Mandy to become his friends(forever, maybe), however that tragic backstory is one of the things which make him awesome so all is forgiven by me, however not by Grim, if he eventually created Jr. that would only make Grim hate him even more, seriously...3 effing major reasons staring him in the face(skull).
3)is a nergal demon, granted Jr got his powers from Minnie, however there is a small range of possibilities:
a]Grim ripped his nergal demon tentacles appart or sepparated the nergal cells, not wanting more than 1 "fancy, regenerating" nergal heir in his family if he could do something about it
b]Unlike in the case of Minnie and Nergal Jr, this time Mandy's dominant human cells overpowered the other half while his fetus was taking form in her womb and therefore removed any chance of Jr using his powers or even belonging to the race, well maybe not THAT far but still something.
4)All seems to be fair with betrayal in GT thanks to Bleedman, Nergal Jr ignores the fact Grim may kill him if he did what he did to Mandy even though he MAY have, or be looking for a wife of his own.Minnie is pretty clearly considering incest.Jr is considering Mimi as a option, even though she seems to be 75% Him demon(whatever his type is called),1-10% human and the rest is just as Jeff said"exposion to every unspeakable thing humans have ever done".Thus it wouldn't surprise me if Nergal Sr actually did the same thing to Mandy as his son, thus betraying his now-maybe-dead wife.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:34 am
Location: Romania
Gender: None specified

Re: O Ye Bats and Blackbirds

Postby LightEbonyDarkIvory » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:25 pm

If Raven really is the mother, then I would expect to see something a bit more dramatic from Him. Some taunting about the circumstances of Mimi's birth perhaps? In any case, if Him injuring Raven is as far as their interaction goes, it will be severely anticlimactic, so I'm looking forward to some emotional manipulation from Him for not just Mimi but Raven as well. Perhaps in her final moments?
Doubt fucks everything. Take a foundation, no matter how strong, sprinkle generously with doubt, and watch it crumble. Me? I’m unfuckwithable. - CM Punk
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:46 am
Gender: None specified

Re: O Ye Bats and Blackbirds

Postby wonder3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:16 pm

I was just stating a suspect in the cameo appearance becuase the people that have only appeared in that page up to this flashback are starting to play roles in the main story, I like most think it is is impossible, but things are starting to hit the wall in this comic. Raven a charecter from TeenTitans who up to this point did not exist in either comic appearing, Hoss actually accepting the help of monsters, Erwin being tough, and the fact of the possibility of Raven being Mimi's biological mom. While the raven thing may explian why Mimi barely talks and doesn't show emotion for the most part. Things are happening and Nigel Planter and Eres are the only two not shown except for the cameo so far so they are dead or play a role in this little drama. As for Erwin dying Him can come up with a far greater torture than that. :twisted:
No one knows what the future holds until it happens.Anything is possible just not probable.
Some might not live long enough to truly appreciate life but you have to take good with the bad and hope they learn
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: somewhere between hell and heaven
Gender: Male

Re: O Ye Bats and Blackbirds

Postby SPF » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:22 pm

Griddles and Bleedman created a negative version of Dexter called Drax, and He wil appear on Afterbirth... that makes me think he could be Jr's father. Think about it: Mandy's father had brown hair, so it can be in the genetics. The blue eyes can come from Drax, and the hairstyle too. Also, Griddles said Drax killed his sister, so there is a reason for Grim to hate him, 'cause he liked the original Dee Dee. An Interdimensional vortex to find him wouldn't be very hard to make for the Grim Reaper, or for a crazy evil genius. Finally, if he is the exact opposite of Dexter, he could be more athletic and a greater warrior. I doubt of that theory, but it could be possible.
COWA-F*CKING PIECE OF DOG SH*T!!!
-Angry Video Game Nerd
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:04 pm
Location: Near Mustafar Rebel Base
Gender: None specified

Re: O Ye Bats and Blackbirds

Postby GrimSenior44 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:59 pm

SPF wrote:Griddles and Bleedman created a negative version of Dexter called Drax, and He wil appear on Afterbirth... that makes me think he could be Jr's father. Think about it: Mandy's father had brown hair, so it can be in the genetics. The blue eyes can come from Drax, and the hairstyle too. Also, Griddles said Drax killed his sister, so there is a reason for Grim to hate him, 'cause he liked the original Dee Dee. An Interdimensional vortex to find him wouldn't be very hard to make for the Grim Reaper, or for a crazy evil genius. Finally, if he is the exact opposite of Dexter, he could be more athletic and a greater warrior. I doubt of that theory, but it could be possible.

If Drax was defeated or killed in Afterbirth that is unlikely, however assuming there is no proof he would be alive or not in this future, besides now we got the slightest clue or lead on Jr's father and you come in and destroy it using Mandy's father?Touche.
Anyway wouldn't Grim NOT hate Drax for that?You forgot Drax is a twisted version of Dexter, if his whole universe or life is a twisted version of Dexter's, shouldn't his sister also be twisted rather than the angelic sister Grim liked?Even BLOSSOM, who always is the one to try and balance her team and such, has a negative version, has Drax even been seen without glasses?Edited or Photoshoped versions of Dexter do not count, he is anti-dexter, his opposite, he may aswell have RED eyes.
By my point of view there's more of a chance of people living on Venus than Nergal Senior not being Junior's father.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:34 am
Location: Romania
Gender: None specified

Re: O Ye Bats and Blackbirds

Postby stratus » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:12 pm

SPF wrote:Griddles and Bleedman created a negative version of Dexter called Drax, and He wil appear on Afterbirth... that makes me think he could be Jr's father. Think about it: Mandy's father had brown hair, so it can be in the genetics. The blue eyes can come from Drax, and the hairstyle too. Also, Griddles said Drax killed his sister, so there is a reason for Grim to hate him, 'cause he liked the original Dee Dee. An Interdimensional vortex to find him wouldn't be very hard to make for the Grim Reaper, or for a crazy evil genius. Finally, if he is the exact opposite of Dexter, he could be more athletic and a greater warrior. I doubt of that theory, but it could be possible.
true but in the previews ive seen of afterbirth. drax appears to be around teenager age so he would be to young to be jr's dad. since junior is also a teenager in afterbirth.

on another note i loved raven she was my favourite titan :< but they did a really awesome job with depicting HIM as a devious worthy villian. a good villian makes the story better after all. i guess now Mimi's Hands will be cut Soon :'(
Last edited by stratus on Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
offline
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:43 pm
Gender: Male

Re: O Ye Bats and Blackbirds

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:32 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That was brilliant!

While the raven thing may explian why Mimi barely talks and doesn't show emotion for the most part.

That doesn't explain shit. It was revailed in the comic why Mimi is so neutral and quite. One, she doesn't talk like us, she speaks through an avance form of telepathy that convese her emotions as well, so there is no way you can misunderstand her.

Mimi is quite because she's been through hell a couple of times. Do you understand the torture that she went through? No, you don't. Now go read te rest of the comic before you make a embarrassment out of yourself.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18964
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: O Ye Bats and Blackbirds

Postby wonder3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:39 pm

GrimSenior44 wrote:
SPF wrote:Griddles and Bleedman created a negative version of Dexter called Drax, and He wil appear on Afterbirth... that makes me think he could be Jr's father. Think about it: Mandy's father had brown hair, so it can be in the genetics. The blue eyes can come from Drax, and the hairstyle too. Also, Griddles said Drax killed his sister, so there is a reason for Grim to hate him, 'cause he liked the original Dee Dee. An Interdimensional vortex to find him wouldn't be very hard to make for the Grim Reaper, or for a crazy evil genius. Finally, if he is the exact opposite of Dexter, he could be more athletic and a greater warrior. I doubt of that theory, but it could be possible.

If Drax was defeated or killed in Afterbirth that is unlikely, however assuming there is no proof he would be alive or not in this future, besides now we got the slightest clue or lead on Jr's father and you come in and destroy it using Mandy's father?Touche.
Anyway wouldn't Grim NOT hate Drax for that?You forgot Drax is a twisted version of Dexter, if his whole universe or life is a twisted version of Dexter's, shouldn't his sister also be twisted rather than the angelic sister Grim liked?Even BLOSSOM, who always is the one to try and balance her team and such, has a negative version, has Drax even been seen without glasses?Edited or Photoshoped versions of Dexter do not count, he is anti-dexter, his opposite, he may aswell have RED eyes.
By my point of view there's more of a chance of people living on Venus than Nergal Senior not being Junior's father.


Who said Nergal Sr. is the father? If your talking about the argument above it is about Nigel Planter the reject Harry Potter they threw in Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy He is the one holding the broom on page 19 and like I stated before it is just becuase the cameo charecters and the comic's story is growing by adding Raven in and bring the past charecters back that were thought dead. The fact is no one suggested nergal senior for the father. The genetics concept rules out dexter/drax becuase his parents are blonde and red haired. Based on what is going on Junior's father was on good terms with Nergal Sr., bad terms with Grim, and considering Him is so interested in Junior there is high likely hood not only of junior having grim's powers, mandy's dna, nergal demon powers, but also other powers from his fathers genes. thus making junior one the most powerful beings in the underworld.

I was talking about her personality not physical charecteristics Blood Lord plus the telepath comment further supports Raven is(just like Grids said) Mimi's mother. I know she expresses emotions this way, as well as messages but, the fact is in order to use powers from her mother's side she needs to verbally say it. She has been through hell, but that was probably to make sure she would never master azarethian spells and become a threat to Him just like her mother is.
Last edited by wonder3 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
No one knows what the future holds until it happens.Anything is possible just not probable.
Some might not live long enough to truly appreciate life but you have to take good with the bad and hope they learn
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: somewhere between hell and heaven
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests