Spectral Exterminator

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Spectral Exterminator

Postby mad_darkness » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:31 pm

Hello!! I'm new and ... bla,bla,bla.
About "SONOVA" I found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zvVaf2v ... re=related look at the minute 0:48 :)

P.S.: Bleedman you are the best
P.S.2: Sorry for my english I'm not soo good

Postby stratus » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:36 pm

Imosa wrote:
Grids wrote:Had this idea that Mimi's zoner/psychic ability would protect her in times of danger. Pictured her encasing herself in a pink bubble and floating like Mew as her hair went all cute and billowy, hovering about a foot off the ground.

Bleed nixed it :(
So she has like telekinesis? Cool. There should be something a fight scene later where Mimi's powers repeatedly cock block panty shots over the course of the entire fight. It would take some wicked choreographing to make that work.

Also, is it just me or are people getting more aggressive toward newbies. We had that thing in the last thread where everyone was trying to be as cool as BloodLord, people acting high and apathetic while others deal with the newbies, now we have people going off about who "sonova" is. Quite frankly there has been some sub-par behavior here.

nonsense! condescension makes you cool and sophisticated around here. why do think people try so hard to do it when ever they can find the slightest opportunity? just my theory though.

Postby shadownerd221 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:48 pm

I agree with you Imoso. Why are people being hard on the newbies? I would agree they make mistakes but don't we all make mistakes.

Postby Imosa » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:09 pm

mad_darkness wrote:Hello!! I'm new and ... bla,bla,bla.
About "SONOVA" I found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zvVaf2v ... re=related look at the minute 0:48 :)
Nice observation. http://i.imgur.com/qoXjp.png
Also, his name is not Sonova.

stratus wrote:nonsense! condescension makes you cool and sophisticated around here. why do think people try so hard to do it when ever they can find the slightest opportunity? just my theory though.
Oh I'm aware and it's petty. Do you think that's a good idea? Do you like the idea of a community where people act like jerks to appear superior to others?

Postby Rawrtastic5000 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:01 am

Newbs are newbs.. Haters gonna hate. But I advise to be a least a little nice to them..

...Then Rawr realizes that she's a newb as well... -__-;

Damn.. Oh well.
Holy frijoles! I am a newb extraordinaire.. I'm a girl too.

Location: In your pillowcase, slowly eating your brain matter each day.

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:07 am

There's a marked difference between newbs and noobs. One deserves a wide margin of error in which to make mistakes, and the other has already used up all of said margin.

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:03 am

is there ever one post were noobs aren't pwnd?

anyways Mimi is too cute! I wish to glomp her
I'm not crazy, I'm differently sane - The Joker

Postby Rawrtastic5000 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:13 am

Waaaait, there's a difference in between "newbs" and "noobs"??? :?

*confussled*
Holy frijoles! I am a newb extraordinaire.. I'm a girl too.

Location: In your pillowcase, slowly eating your brain matter each day.

Postby MimiLovesYou15 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:41 am

Hmmm.... New people are nice! . . . .

I'm just putting this... New people are new people, Haters are just Haters, so if a new person is here then Haters are gonna hate! But see, the Haters don't know what will hit them...like I said once in my scary story...

All The Haters Will D.I.E.!!!! No one should be hated...I was hated but look at me having fun on here!

I know it's not my business but, people should get along and become friends until the end! ^^
Never let crazy ideas fool you!! . . . Rawr~
-X-KAZUMI-X-
ChAiNeD WoLf
-X-SHINJII-X-

Postby DJ4U » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:55 am

Bottom line is there is a lot of dicks and I'm glad I'm not the only one who's tired of that. If your a dick go be a dick to someone else, its pointless to be one over the internet where your existence goes about as far as a backspace.
Relax, enjoy a comic or two, don't be a dick...I think I accomplished my quota for the day.

Postby lukeape » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:02 am

favnrrdgrrl10 wrote:is there ever one post were noobs aren't pwnd?

anyways Mimi is too cute! I wish to glomp her

Nope, when a noob posts there will be someone there to pwn.

Postby drailota » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:53 am

Hi, just signed up to drop an idea. I was thinking you could include Johnny Bravo in your stories (Grim Tales or PPGD) as Duke Nukem or similar hahaha. If you think about it there are a number of similarities between them personality wise. Just thought it might fit here since current story is post apocalyptic and the current characters fighting are minor ones. Though I wish Johnny Bravo had a larger role somewhere.

So that's it, hope you consider using it!

Postby GrimSenior44 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:24 am

Well...how long has it been since I logged in?3-5 years maybe?Nonetheless I have returned.
First of all some of you might still remember the old me(which I don't blame you for hating for bad usage of english or laziness)...most likely Archrival and Blood Lord, however for who doesn't I am a long-time lurker and GT fan,you can call me Sr.,Grim or Silent.Your choice.
Then back on the topic so far I see somehow the old hero from Samurai Jack somehow got dragged back to life, or that is just a selfless stone giant modelled by a specific evil mastermind after the said hero.Irwin is by far the most succesful bio-merge of a werewolf, a mummy and a vampire(this third of his race is vital for judging his power,how?if he is a actual,proper vaudevillain vampire,or actually one of that gay-rainbow-shitting-sparkling-twillight retards,if he is a third vampire of the latter kind then he is pretty much screwed.).The cloaked figure from the previous page must be Raven, granted it could also be Robin as he changed looks and his name as we saw in that Teen Titans episode in which Starfire travelled in the future,what was his future name again?
Lastly Hoss seems to have gained weight, I guess his glory days are about over.

Postby neroflame13 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:01 am

*glance at mimi* she does need seat belt hehe :3

Postby BaffledOne » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:50 pm

^older Robin= Nightwing

Postby Gato » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:54 pm

drailota wrote:Hi, just signed up to drop an idea. I was thinking you could include Johnny Bravo in your stories (Grim Tales or PPGD) as Duke Nukem or similar hahaha. If you think about it there are a number of similarities between them personality wise. Just thought it might fit here since current story is post apocalyptic and the current characters fighting are minor ones. Though I wish Johnny Bravo had a larger role somewhere.

Bleedman doesn't read the forum posts. Grids and BR pop in from time to time, but, I'm quite sure there's a rule they have about suggestions, as, they tend not to take them.
Archrival- Now you sir have potential, definately so if Blood tolerates you. I feel you could be an asset to the forum amongst the muck.
Zelosse- I spent the last 30 minutes watching Gato's Avatar. Jesus christ it's so cute it sickens me.

Postby drailota » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:08 pm

Oh, OK nevermind then. Either way it would've been nice to see one of my favourite cartoons (and/ or games) here in one form or another. :)

Postby GrimSenior44 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:34 pm

BaffledOne wrote:^older Robin= Nightwing

Thanks.
Gato wrote:
drailota wrote:Hi, just signed up to drop an idea. I was thinking you could include Johnny Bravo in your stories (Grim Tales or PPGD) as Duke Nukem or similar hahaha. If you think about it there are a number of similarities between them personality wise. Just thought it might fit here since current story is post apocalyptic and the current characters fighting are minor ones. Though I wish Johnny Bravo had a larger role somewhere.

Bleedman doesn't read the forum posts. Grids and BR pop in from time to time, but, I'm quite sure there's a rule they have about suggestions, as, they tend not to take them.

And just so we don't keep getting dragged back to this topic a little reminder:visit the FAQ, he's a nice guy, last time we spent all day watching movies and besides he can answer all those questions you lurkers and newbies out there wanna ask. ;)

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:59 pm

Wow, did this thread actually just have discussion? Cool. And I wouldn't bother redirecting people to other sections of the forum Silent, the majority of those here who still need such questions answered never get out of the main page forums.

Postby Xi-1 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:38 pm

Johnny Bravo did make an appearance, but he was in PPGD. As a skull buried beside the tunnel Bell took to get to the white room / vault. Not to say he's also dead here, but it does not look good.

If Bleed nixed Mimi saving herself, someone else is gonna have to do it. As far as I can remember Nightwing is all about being cape-less, although he does have wings for gliding. So I think that's Raven, and she has more than enough power to catch the princess-gone-projectile. Since they're both female that would also make the catch more appropriate.

I was going to suggest that 'newb' connotes a user who is new to the community since it uses the proper spelling from 'new,' but I changed my mind when I saw that 'noob' is by far the lesser in usage even when talking about newb-haters. So maybe 'noob,' which is closer to the 'leet' (oe 1337) version, is the one that refers to newcomers. Either way we can all have at least enough patience to correct a newcomer at least once, right?

I doubt Irwin's vampire pedigree from Grim Tales is of the Twilight variety. It just doesn't fit the general feel of anything remotely related to Mandy (unless she's dusting Edward). It must be the more classic bloodsucking, night-ruling, turning-into-a-bat variety. Still, it's interesting that they can make a vampire-werewolf combination at all, nevermind the mummy, which starts off as undead (or just plain dead).

Then again, it's a cartoon. Anything goes.
Except for Mimi crashing into the ground head-first. Remember what Spidey told Peter (Griffin): Everybody gets one.
A Page Flipper

Postby fishyfox » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:56 pm

I find it peculier how this conversation about newbs and noobs started off with Innocence quoting me being a newb where-as i'm not really the newer type around here! New, but not newer.

Location: Look slightly to your left...Bit more...Yep in that general direction

Postby tyrade » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:38 pm

I had been reading the comics here for a couple years now. i joined the site about a year and a half ago (I think, been a while since my arm healed) and was pretty much chased off the site within my first few posts because I was swarmed by grammar nazis for minute errors. My right arm was broken and I am right handed so I cut corners while typing and they slaughtered me for it. This isn't the friendliest site to be on unless you are an english major.

That aside, I am really liking how this is turning out. I was afraid it had ended after the Nightmare before Christmas arc but bleedman has not dissapointed.
My arm is healed and I can use proper grammar again, so I'm back!

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:06 pm

Welcome back tyrade. Strange, Silent came back after an extended absence just this week as well... Grammar is important, but it's only a problem when it interferes with a person's ability to read the post. Fortunately, most cases that are that bad happen when a poster has a native language other than English, which makes their grammar problems understandable. But if a person has gone through a decade or more of schooling in an English-speaking country, I would hope they have a grasp on the fundamental rules of grammar.

Postby konata50 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:18 pm

i always love the cute dresses and Bows,Ribbons cuteness is my only weakness Mimi is adorable cant wait to see who catches her i bet she will look super cute in a third heros arms :3
The Kona-Squad's sign of approval..

Postby tyrade » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:34 pm

Thanks for the welcome back. I have been coming in here to read comments on the comics but when I saw the discussion i thought I would chime in. i may become more active again though now that tiny errors aren't grounds for a slaughterhouse anymore.
My arm is healed and I can use proper grammar again, so I'm back!

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!