The Last Gasp

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Last Gasp

Postby shadownerd221 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:21 pm

Ok who thinks Underfist will survive this encounter.
Let the ones who believe say "I" and all oppose.

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:24 pm

FusionBolt wrote:why..you yell at me? *sigh*

I think you might be trolling, but I think it's just a case of confusion. Let me give it a go.

If you bother reading this, Fusion, what you are doing is double posting. You know, posting twice in a row. That is where you make a post, then make another post. Hence the "double." It can also be viewed as posting, then posting again before anybody else has a chance to post.

It is against the rules because it takes up unnecessary space and messes with your total post count. Which is to say, it is generally frowned upon by the community here at SNAFU becuse it's distracting and annoying, sort of like the taboo against colored text. Also, people don't like it because it can be a little bit confusing, especially when two people have similar avatars or names.

In the future, I would recommend you say everything you want to in a single post. If you think of something you want to add later, every post you make has an "edit" button in its upper right corner, right next to your quote button, directly across from where it displays your name and the title of your post (in this case, the title is "Re: The Last Gasp").

If you don't know how to multi-quote (quote more than one person in a single post), start your post by clicking "quote" next to the first post you want to quote. After the quote shows up in your reply window, scroll through the summary of posts shown below this new reply window to find the second post you wanted to quote. This may be a little difficult for you, since the posts on this page are in reverse order and no avatars are shown. If it proves too much, click the quote button for the first post you wanted to quote, highlight the entire quote, right click, and select the "copy" option. Afterwards, hit the back button on your browser. Click the quote button for the second post you wish to quote, and when the reply window opens this time, you can right click and select paste. This will copy over the first quote, and then both quotes will be available to you.

Tl;dr: Post once. Multiquote or edit to avoid this issue.

Edit: Look, I used the edit button. Just wanted to say it's important to read everyone's posts before posting yourself, it helps prevent you from repeating something that has already been said plenty of times and stops you from looking like an ass.
Last edited by Innocence Abandoned on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby mintcream95 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:30 pm

FusionBolt wrote:
mintcream95 wrote:
Sarahbark wrote:*eats a handful of popcorn*
Oh, don't mind me, just watchin' the idiotic noob battles. Root beer anyone?

No thanks i got my own soda thank you.
I didn't mean to yell at Fusion, this is the second time he/she did that, i already told her thrice, once on Deviant art.

About the comic there are questions that seemed to be popular:
1. Why is Raven in Underfist? What about the Teen titans?
2. Why is Mimi 'little princess' (I think that's already solved)
3. How the hell did Megaville get destroyed?! (I too think that's solved also.)
About Dark Danny i know, he's probably in the fear, just hiding, maybe Bleed will show him soon.

why..you yell at me? *sigh*

Fusion WHY YOU NO STOP DOUBLE POSTING?!
May be adorable in the outside but Dangerous on the inside. O3O

http://stormsurge98.deviantart.com/

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:34 pm

fusionbolt

STOP DOUBLE POSTING OR A SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD I WILL FALCON PUNCH YOU THREW THE COMPUTER SCREEN.

To the IDIOTS "oh noobs, are sooo stupid" YOU'RE A FUCKING NOOB TOO! I admit I'm ashamed of bring a noob, you act like your shit don't stank!

Scissors don't leave :,(

Baffled by Twilight... your name proves enough you're a twit, your signature shows stupidity, next time you want to say something say the total opposite thing, than you might make a comment worth reading.

I'm sorry if I come off Bitchy, but seriously WTF to all of y'all
except few for knowing who they are, all others go suck a railroad spike for I care
I'm not crazy, I'm differently sane - The Joker

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:39 pm

I took care of it, Mint and Favn. Give the guys/girls a chance and see if they can wrap their minds around the illusive multiquote and edit button. Those, along with refraining from the use of run-on sentences, are what sets annoying buckets apart from decent posters.

Also, be nice to Twilight. I see nothing wrong with the post, and names and signatures are aesthetic choices of the poster. When I registered, I wasn't planning to stick around so I chose the most generic, meaningless name I could think of in 3 seconds.

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:46 pm

Ah Inn you're are too kind -__-

I know I once double posted but I did not realize the edit button. I hope they learn cause it took me once to realize the mistake, but this is like the 5th time they've been told. And what shall happen if they do not realize how to do it, or ignore your kind post of letting them know how to post? >__> than can we continue to teach them with rough love or ignore anything they say. Also I noticed it's pwndbytwilight whose signature I can't stand. the mental looking pony...

I only came up with FavNrrdGrrl cause NrrdGrrl was taken.

Anyways I hope a post will come soon to stop this chain and with hope better things to talk about.

Postby Fallout-boy97 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:06 am

Im going to get slaghter by people but:Why does Irwin(If that person is him)look like that?

Postby shadownerd221 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:37 am

Fallout-boy97

Because he is half mummy and half vampire.

Postby the violator » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:29 am

Please tell me Spawn is still alive. better still be. he should be one of the last heroes :grin:

Postby mintcream95 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:44 am

Innocence Abandoned wrote:I took care of it, Mint and Favn. Give the guys/girls a chance and see if they can wrap their minds around the illusive multiquote and edit button. Those, along with refraining from the use of run-on sentences, are what sets annoying buckets apart from decent posters.

Also, be nice to Twilight. I see nothing wrong with the post, and names and signatures are aesthetic choices of the poster. When I registered, I wasn't planning to stick around so I chose the most generic, meaningless name I could think of in 3 seconds.

Ok thanks Inn.
May be adorable in the outside but Dangerous on the inside. O3O

http://stormsurge98.deviantart.com/

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:45 pm

the violator wrote:Please tell me Spawn is still alive. better still be. he should be one of the last heroes :grin:

Technically he's dead. Also, this is the past, when reading the beginning of the comic we see spawn protecting Jr, and Mini... Even still do you honestly think Spawn would hang out with PPG?

Postby DJ4U » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:42 pm

the violator wrote:Please tell me Spawn is still alive. better still be. he should be one of the last heroes :grin:

Yes technically he came into the story line maybe a week or so ago (in their time frame) and this is sometime long before then so he's might not even a super by the time this story takes place....

P.S love the violator, he's my favorite little demon clown to walk the Earth.
Relax, enjoy a comic or two, don't be a dick...I think I accomplished my quota for the day.

Postby Gato » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:12 pm

Raven and Underfist! How exciting!
Archrival- Now you sir have potential, definately so if Blood tolerates you. I feel you could be an asset to the forum amongst the muck.
Zelosse- I spent the last 30 minutes watching Gato's Avatar. Jesus christ it's so cute it sickens me.

Postby Imosa » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:17 pm

I talked to fusionbolt over PM (because I had to 1up Innocence). I'm pretty sure English is not his first language. Hopefully he now understands double posting and not doing it.

Now a question. At what point has the topic of the thread become so lost that a post like this is alright?

Postby DJ4U » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:56 pm

Imosa wrote:Now a question. At what point has the topic of the thread become so lost that a post like this is alright?

basically after the first 200-aught posts per topic would be a good guess cause that's about when these start to be accepted
Relax, enjoy a comic or two, don't be a dick...I think I accomplished my quota for the day.

Postby latinodreamer316 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:39 am

In a way mimi is a princess because she is the duaghter of Him :!:

Postby GridsNaranek » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:18 am

Princess is an honourific and most likely the nickname used by her mother to refer to her.

Her mother is very fond of children, most likely due to having saved many of them over her lifetime.
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:32 am

I saved a child once.

Postby Xi-1 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:40 pm

Oh my, a clue about Mimi's mother. Irwin using the nickname indicates at least some level of intimacy with the family. Good work, Griddles.
A Page Flipper

Postby Guardian » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:10 pm

Grids wrote:Her mother is very fond of children, most likely due to having saved many of them over her lifetime.

Hmm. Interesting, if not vague.

favnrrdgrrl10 wrote:fusionbolt

STOP DOUBLE POSTING OR A SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD I WILL FALCON PUNCH YOU THREW THE COMPUTER SCREEN.

To the IDIOTS "oh noobs, are sooo stupid" YOU'RE A FUCKING NOOB TOO! I admit I'm ashamed of bring a noob, you act like your shit don't stank!

Scissors don't leave :,(

Baffled by Twilight... your name proves enough you're a twit, your signature shows stupidity, next time you want to say something say the total opposite thing, than you might make a comment worth reading.

I'm sorry if I come off Bitchy, but seriously WTF to all of y'all
except few for knowing who they are, all others go suck a railroad spike for I care

Good God. This coming from the person who basically told me to chill the fuck out?

And gentlemen, and those without a penis. Chill out. Relax. You're cutting into my job here.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby GridsNaranek » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:21 pm

Innocence Abandoned wrote:I saved a child once.

Do you feel a stronger sense of obligation toward defending youngsters now?
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby shadownerd221 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:38 pm

This is getting super serious about Mimi's mom. I do have one question. Is she alive in this memory or is she dead.

Postby Imosa » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:02 pm

shadownerd221 wrote:This is getting super serious about Mimi's mom. I do have one question. Is she alive in this memory or is she dead.
If you were hoping for Grids to tell you... he won't.

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!