The Recountal

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Recountal

Postby Scissors » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:37 pm

Well when she was first shown with the bandages, that was presumably a few years after this flashback.
Innocence Abandoned: And that's why scissors always knows exactly the right things to say to newbs.
Chuckledarkly: Scissors don't lie. Only cut.
Blood Lord: Scissors, I tip my hat to you, my good sir and/or madam for giving me a good chuckle today.

Postby KingM10 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:41 pm

i think her human form changed because of Him's treatment. Could it be that Him was normal before until he was victim of the treatment?

Postby Scissors » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:43 pm

Him is from PowerPuff Girls. As far as we know, he's always been like that.
Innocence Abandoned: And that's why scissors always knows exactly the right things to say to newbs.
Chuckledarkly: Scissors don't lie. Only cut.
Blood Lord: Scissors, I tip my hat to you, my good sir and/or madam for giving me a good chuckle today.

Postby KingM10 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:53 pm

hard what to make of a character owned by someone else. Bleedman may need a lot of imagination having to change Mimi from this to Him's daughter. thinking about Him's unknown past, although this story's about Mimi.

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:19 pm

I kinda laughed when I saw Him, I remembered his voice and for awhile couldn't stop giggling. I think it would be epic if Mojo showed up but since he's not a demon just an evil monkey I doubt it will happen. It does explain a little bit as to why she looks like that, Jeff said Him made her watch things but never went into detail as to what she watched or was a part of, maybe this will be the answers.
that and am I the only one who thinks the back ground looks a bit like that movie "9"?
I'm not crazy, I'm differently sane - The Joker

Postby Gato » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:51 pm

Damn, I go to church and the noobs come out of the woodwork.

Let me put it in a realistic sense. If you had a job, your employer would not want you to spout bullshit and point out the painfully obvious. Your employer expects you to be on the same page and have a general grasp of what is happening.

Now, this can be applied to the forum. When we come to this forum, we assume you have read the comic in it's entirety to this point. We assume you take the 10 seconds to scan through the other posts in the thread to see where the discussion is going. When you do not do that, you get reprimanded. Not unlike getting your ass chewed out at work for fucking up the Davidson account. Got it? This is why BloodLord, Scissors, and myself get after you noobs. We, like the employer, want the best forum experience possible for ourselves and others.
Archrival- Now you sir have potential, definately so if Blood tolerates you. I feel you could be an asset to the forum amongst the muck.
Zelosse- I spent the last 30 minutes watching Gato's Avatar. Jesus christ it's so cute it sickens me.

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:05 pm

and that's when the other works when you leave the room call you a hard ass and need to get laid in hopes that youd stop bein a grumpy ass, and as the door closes behind you we flip you off.
I don't read all the other comments just ones that catch my interest it's not my fault you look for something you dont like.
if you really wanted the 'noobs' to shut up a lack of attention would work, cause bad attention is still attention, maybe that's what you go after 'noobs' for, simply the attention, everyone moved on and talked about something else, you though didn't get that so follow your own advice, skim threw quicky and see when you finally catch up with everyone else, you might look less like a jackass.

Postby Gato » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:18 pm

Yeah. Missing the entire point. Oh well, there's always those lost causes.
Archrival- Now you sir have potential, definately so if Blood tolerates you. I feel you could be an asset to the forum amongst the muck.
Zelosse- I spent the last 30 minutes watching Gato's Avatar. Jesus christ it's so cute it sickens me.

Postby Imosa » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:28 pm

@Gato: You should also know that favnrrdgrrl10 only pointed out that the hand has not 100% been confirmed to be Jeff's although it very probably is. His post had nothing to do with what was previously said in the thread. Also, I hope your metaphor isn't suggesting that BloodLord, Scissors, and you have some position over other posters, that you need to maintain.

Postby DJ4U » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:29 pm

For the love of Christ let it die! Please, the irrelevant fighting through the forums is a waste of time. If there's a problem PM them
Relax, enjoy a comic or two, don't be a dick...I think I accomplished my quota for the day.

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:39 pm

Seriously -_- yes I know that it is jeffs hand I'm curious as to why it is there, YES I KNOW IT'S A FLASH BACK, but how far back is this when Him started to do the evil deeds, or is this the day of her breaking point into becoming the demon, is this the point were her hands are changed. That's all I wanted to know and hear other thoughts on it. That's all, if anyone else wants to try to argue with me just message me, otherwise you are making an ass out of the both of us.
and thank you imosa.

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:42 pm

Ah, I love the smell of hubris in the evening... Play on, friends.

Postby Gato » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:23 pm

Imosa wrote:@Gato: You should also know that favnrrdgrrl10 only pointed out that the hand has not 100% been confirmed to be Jeff's although it very probably is. His post had nothing to do with what was previously said in the thread. Also, I hope your metaphor isn't suggesting that BloodLord, Scissors, and you have some position over other posters, that you need to maintain.

Not at all, I was just trying to make a metaphor that made sense of the forum situation. On why noobs tend to get chewed out, so to speak.

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:36 am

noobs at anything get chewed out we all know this but it's a bit of a insult to injury when it's more than one on one lil noob. T_T but I admit I am a noob to this but if anyone tries to chew my ass out I'll first point out that butt munchers are gross and also that I bite back but not ass.

Postby DJ4U » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:25 am

So Imosa.....I seriously stared at that geometric thing you got there for a good 30 minutes
Relax, enjoy a comic or two, don't be a dick...I think I accomplished my quota for the day.

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:52 am

DJ4U wrote:So Imosa.....I seriously stared at that geometric thing you got there for a good 30 minutes

i did the same thing too it reminds me of a chess game with just a knight and you gotta go around the whole board hitting every square but only once -__- also been meaning to ask you about yours, is it supposed to be a play on words "pie face" lol either way it's cute

Postby KingM10 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:03 am

dido

Postby DJ4U » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:40 am

Nah, it's the logo I use for when I DJ its suppose to show how music doesn't have a color or shade. (And yes I know its corny.)

Postby Imosa » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:57 am

favnrrdgrrl10 wrote:
DJ4U wrote:So Imosa.....I seriously stared at that geometric thing you got there for a good 30 minutes

i did the same thing too it reminds me of a chess game with just a knight and you gotta go around the whole board hitting every square but only once -__- also been meaning to ask you about yours, is it supposed to be a play on words "pie face" lol either way it's cute

Very good. My avatar is a solution to the knight's tour problem, a chess puzzle in which a knight has to cover the whole board without touching a space twice.

Postby favnrrdgrrl10 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:10 pm

that's what it's called I played a few of them in a game but couldn't remember the name.

@DJ4U I don't think it's corny I mean it is a little but it's still very true lol

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:32 pm

You guys could always visit the thread What does the avatar above yours remind you of? if you want.

Postby VariusMayhem » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:36 pm

Back to business...
@Innocence Abandoned
You mentioned a theory of Mimi being related to Raven? Are we talking about Teen Titans here? If so, tell me more about that.
There are 2 kinds of people: Sheeps and wolves... Which of both are you? Image

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:25 pm

Ah, yes... (Shuffles imaginary papers) I'm only going to do this once, so hopefully this will answer these questions for a time.

In the discussion of the previous update of this comic in Grid's thread, Mon-Kitsune suggested that Raven might be Mimi's mother. This was because, way back in the page I Scream when Mimi first met Junior, she had black hair and was wearing a gold button of some sort in the centre of her forehead. Raven had a diamond-shaped ruby on her forehead there, ostensibly to help her focus her psychic powers. Possible reasons for Mimi's mark being different is that her psychic powers aren't as pronounced (or she has none) or that the mark varies for each person who needs one.

Also, Raven is the daughter of Trigon, who in the Titan's world is possibly the most powerful demon in existence. Raven inherited some of his powers (which for the most part she keeps repressed), and so now we have a character which looks somewhat like Mimi and has power, which would attract Him.

Postby grimfan620 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:58 pm

http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=117 just reread this page and am now more confused >.< also, I noticed Jeff said something like "From when she was old enough to walk", possible explination being the wheelchair? I dunno now I'm confused.. I'm starting to think this isn't a real memory.

Postby KingM10 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:16 pm

i think Jeff's line was just an expression.

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!