The Paramount Parchment

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Bleedman » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:13 am

Griddles: Sunday, Monday, Mappy Days...
Joe M. :"draw till your hands BLEED"
thus I was born...........

Re: The Paramount Parchment

Postby Imosa » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:30 am

Lord Pain's back baby, and looks way too great under that helm.
Grim is also cool in this one. Very commanding and just well drawn.
Also, the map, enlightening. More evidence for Horror's hand. I have no idea what's above it, someone and a turd. To the right, someone in a cage, perhaps Jeff. Who knows.

Postby Lonemartin » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:23 am

Lord Pain looks extremely cool in that panel. :D I wonder what is the happy place of Jr. and Minie's face looks disappointed lol. anyway, great addition to GT :D

Postby reaperrose101 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:05 am

I knew it had something to do with Horror's hand.
Jr. can't be bother right now, he's it his' happy place.
That's what Pain's face look like?! He has black hair?! :jawdrop:

Postby ShadowofU » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:04 am

I feel sorry for Jr(though his happy place is unknown in my head), and Pain's face is really cool under that helmet. To bad we never got to see his face in the original series. That would have been amazing. :D
In other news, uhoh... did I just see horror's hand on that page. It seems like Mimi is being told to get that for Him...which would only lead to the destruction of the world by scaring everyone...unless Grim is able to stop it again due to already living his nightmare. XD This is gonna be a fun storyline. Great Job Bleedman. :grin:
*Pulls out pocky and melon soda* Just sit back and let the chaos begin. -__-

Postby nightarix » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:15 am

Imosa wrote:Lord Pain's back baby, and looks way too great under that helm.
Grim is also cool in this one. Very commanding and just well drawn.
Also, the map, enlightening. More evidence for Horror's hand. I have no idea what's above it, someone and a turd. To the right, someone in a cage, perhaps Jeff. Who knows.

its probably HIM drawn on the map below the turd(think mimi is calling HIM a poo-head? lol)
though i wonder why HIM would want horrors hand? he'll probably use mimi to use it too since you have to face your fear to wield it and mimi is going to end up doing that if she gets it.

Postby caveman » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:38 am

I wish bleed would put a nurse outfit on Minnie for this scene lol

Postby Minigrim » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:30 am

What is Pain like a zombie now or something since technically no one can die unless Grim says they can :?: and caveman I agree, Minnie would look good in a nurse outfit. :grin:

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:48 am

@Minigrim No, people die when it's their time, whether or not Grim wants them to or no (with the isolated exception of Mandy). All that Grim telling Pain to get back up implies is that his wound was not fatal.

Otherwise, great page. And apparently Grim recognizes not just the place the map refers to, but the actual map itself...

Postby Imosa » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:05 am

nightarix wrote:its probably HIM drawn on the map below the turd(think mimi is calling HIM a poo-head? lol)
though i wonder why HIM would want horrors hand? he'll probably use mimi to use it too since you have to face your fear to wield it and mimi is going to end up doing that if she gets it.
lol, fair enough on the poo-head joke.
Horror's hand is a powerful artifact. What evil do-er wouldn't want something like that in his possession. Mimi using horror's hand is an interesting prospect. We could say that her greatest fear, lousing Jeff, has already come to pass, although not really since Jeff can still be saved.
In any case, facing your greatest fear, I love it. Ties right into a good coming of age story.

Innocence Abandoned wrote:@Minigrim No, people die when it's their time, whether or not Grim wants them to or no (with the isolated exception of Mandy). All that Grim telling Pain to get back up implies is that his wound was not fatal.

Otherwise, great page. And apparently Grim recognizes not just the place the map refers to, but the actual map itself...
Actually, I'm pretty sure people die when Grim tells them too, which coincides to them getting a fatal wound or something, and it "being their time".
Also right you are with the map.
I can't help but feel that the two new players in Afterbirth, Dax and the Gargoyle, will appear soon.

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:15 pm

@Imosa fair enough, although I don't think Grim's power really applies to demons and such (or else he would have just scythed the Pumpkinator demon from way back). And yes, I'd be surprised if Dax didn't have some sort of appearance within the next 5 pages.

Postby Strax » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:28 pm

if i recall correctly, in the show if someone got a fatal wound, Grim would show up to reap their souls, BUT until they were caught they were still alive... I believe that was General Scarr that showed us that, because of the hole in his chest, he ran away from grim and was still living.

also.... is Jr quoting Billy from one of the episodes... when billy meets his "Inner Frat Boy" doesn't he say "I'm in my happy place, I'm in my happy place" - Clown episode.

Also, Bleedman, this is my favorite comic. i love your art style, and i love all of the references you make. keep up the amazing work.

Postby Imosa » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:46 pm

Innocence Abandoned wrote:@Imosa fair enough, although I don't think Grim's power really applies to demons and such (or else he would have just scythed the Pumpkinator demon from way back).
Why would he kill the pumpkinator. First of all I think the pumpkinator was a robot, but that aside when it combined with the Nergal it was never mortally wounded.
Just because Grim can kill on command doesn't mean he does. He simply cares for his job more then he does for his kids. It's not a bad thing to say, its just a way of life.

Strax wrote:also.... is Jr quoting Billy from one of the episodes... when billy meets his "Inner Frat Boy" doesn't he say "I'm in my happy place, I'm in my happy place" - Clown episode.

Also, Bleedman, this is my favorite comic. i love your art style, and i love all of the references you make. keep up the amazing work.
He does, and it probably is a reference. On the other hand finding your happy place is something a lot of people do.

Postby thehero173 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:18 pm

Does anyone else think that grim jrs real father is billy :?:
You can not have death with out life and life with out death they are both apart of a greater whole.

Postby contrasena » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:30 pm

Does anyone else think that grim jrs real father is billy

Not unless his snots were "special" XD.

I think that map resembles the map of Castlevania SOTN, where Death/Grim Reaper is a middle boss.

Stolen references:
http://faqsmedia.ign.com/faqs/image/mac ... tn_map.gif
http://www.zaboxu.net/wp-content/upload ... death1.jpg

Postby Imosa » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:40 pm

@contrasena: Maybe, with the map. There do appear to be two maps on the parchment but it's not a perfect copy. If it were, I dunno, you would have been awesome.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:36 pm

thehero173 wrote:Does anyone else think that grim jrs real father is billy :?:

Yes. That's not a new idea. As in its been suggested since the dawn of the comic.
It's also a no.

Imosa wrote:
Innocence Abandoned wrote:@Imosa fair enough, although I don't think Grim's power really applies to demons and such (or else he would have just scythed the Pumpkinator demon from way back).
Why would he kill the pumpkinator. First of all I think the pumpkinator was a robot, but that aside when it combined with the Nergal it was never mortally wounded.
Just because Grim can kill on command doesn't mean he does. He simply cares for his job more then he does for his kids. It's not a bad thing to say, its just a way of life.

The Pumpkinator, when the Nergal symbiote merged with it and became the Nergal-Reapinator, was also Jr. Plus, you could theroizes that the Nergal Symbiote doesn't have a soul. The type of death that Grim seems to be a steward over deals with the removal and delivery of souls. The Nergal Symbiote is indeed alive, but in the same way that a virus is. It's like an intelligent virus.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby konata50 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:56 pm

Pain looks cooler without the steel mask on more like a warrior a pissed off one...
also i would say im in my happy place after getting hit by the reapers sythe lol also since Grim is no longer mandy,s slave and no longer a joke he will use his UNLIMITED SUPER NATURAL POWER! to fight HIM! (much further on ) the 2 ultimate forces
The Kona-Squad's sign of approval..

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:20 pm

... Now. I understood that, but not at the same time.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Arrakiz » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:25 pm

Grim definetly has power of taking lifes- truth be told he might not have the power for "direct aproach" becouse I have yet to remember a single moment he actually killed someone and not just took the person's soul after the death of an individual. And it is doubtfull his domain reaches demonic beings as stated by Jr. that there are places outside of his father jurisdiction, inhabitet by Deamons + Deamons probably don't have souls. Minnie being an exception for being half-Nergal Deamon. But We know for sure he can influance a death rate of human beings- He was hinted to be responsible for the WWII and the holocaust. Wether he can "kill" still needs to be verified but he sure can "cause death" and on a huge scale. And He could suspend Mandy's life becouse it seems that although he can't drastiacally change the borders of a person's lifetime he can suspend it by not taking the soul, thus- not letting the person die. So he could not let Pain die though I think He meant exactly what he said- that Pain is still alive and in full stranght just knocked out. And also Grim stated that Mandy was the one and ONLY exception he would ever make. What makes me Wonder though is- does junior have a soul? Technically he has to- becouse he is Mandy's son. But then he died during his birth- he was aborted. So he is a body with no soul now, but then- what makes him an heir of Grim? It looks like being a Reaper is just a job, you don't need to be anyhow special, but it seems far fetched. Who is his real father though remains a mystery although we know for sure it's not Nergal. And it's not Billy- seriously that would just be plain wrong.

Postby honghavok » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:34 pm

YAAAY! Lord Pain Isn't dead!!! :mrgreen:

Postby 84Litreviper » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:35 pm

Well, Grim has evolved nicely since the comic began and especially compared to the cartoon series. He has a much better imposing presence in the strip then previous. Death is pissed and he's coming for Mimi. I really feel for Jr. right now. Tough love from Dad, I guess, or maybe lesson learnt. I think Minnie may be feeling a little guilty right now for not getting Jr. out of that situation or maybe she also figures he'll have to learn from this escapade. She seemed capable at the time to free him, but I'm sure someone will correct me.

Yeah, only now since I've seen Pain's face does he have a badass factor. Before, he just looked like a little skinny, dorkish character under the helmet.

Postby wingman46 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:55 pm

By the look on Minnie's face i would guess she wishes J.R was still stuck on her. that or she regrets not getting him free earlier. :bigsmile:
Pizza Pie, Meet my face...

Postby daviso452 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:55 pm

who's dax?

Postby KingM10 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:01 pm

Imosa wrote:lol, fair enough on the poo-head joke.
Horror's hand is a powerful artifact. What evil do-er wouldn't want something like that in his possession. Mimi using horror's hand is an interesting prospect. We could say that her greatest fear, lousing Jeff, has already come to pass, although not really since Jeff can still be saved.
In any case, facing your greatest fear, I love it. Ties right into a good coming of age story.

i foresee Jr. being forced in to the Horror's Hand trial and come out as a Demon/Reaper Bad ass. 8)

then help Mimi save Jeff and kick HIM's ASS!!! AS PREDICTED BY THE ALMIGHTY KING M (2nd only to BLEEDMAN-SAMA)

Next

Return to Comic Updates and News!