Mimi plays chicken

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Mimi plays chicken

Postby Xi-1 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:07 pm

I think the reason we didn't see Mandy before is that she was 'casing' Mimi. As a merc Mandy knows not to go in without obtaining good intel first. But even Dark Danny knows that one.

Angry birds versus supernatural busting bullets is a bit uneven, even if they are demonic. Mandy has Protagonist Power left over from her series, but Mimi is the Protagonist in this one, isn't she? Maybe they cancel each other out, as do Mandy's immortality and Mimi's demon nature. I guess Mimi didn't store any guns in her Hammerspace.

No, not Cap's shield too! Mandy, what have you done to Steve Rogers / Bucky Barnes (and also Thor)?! Should we be concerned that more of the Avengers' weapons are going to show up in Mandy's possession? What's next, or does Bleedman just like Marvel references? If that's the case, maybe Scarlet Witch is hanging around somewhere. She sure didn't make it into Heaven.
A Page Flipper

Postby stratus » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:10 pm

Nightreaper0513 wrote:
stratus wrote:Mandy is definetly an Uzi girl but she had a pistol at the start but it changed into an Uzi when mandy started to get pissed at mimi.

It's called dualwielding. Uzi in her left hand, pistol in her right.

As for the kettles, irons, and kitchen sink, it's either somehow referring Mandy knows at least partly about Mimi's power, or referring to the meme that says 'women should stay in the kitchen'.

Anyway, isn't Mandy kind of... Immortal (Being married to Grim and all)? I'd say the battle is pretty much in Mandy's favor if that still applies.
crap didnt notice she had 2 guns never mind. :S

Grim312 wrote:im not sure but i think mimi should have a PINK pants.

bleedman put shadows on Mimi's skirt view for modesty at least. nothing wrong with pink panties though

Postby Omniczar » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:03 pm

Who ready to count references in that post?
Omniczar: Why is everything against me?
BeeAre: Because you are representing the spiritual monkey, as the classical buffoon or jester or fool of a joke. 'Tis Shakespearean.
Omniczar: I knew being a volunteer at Ren Faire would come back to haunt me someday.

Check out my fanfiction here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2168375/Teddypro

Postby reaperrose101 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:04 pm

Praise the Angry Bird game :mrgreen:

Postby Johnny The Homicidal » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:30 pm

Yea it doesn't really sound like MAndy too much. Also I would expect mandy not to do any of the work and summon stronger minions or just dark danny.
No more dreaming for "real" friends!
No more stars for me to be alone
under! No more! I"m blowing through that lid!

I'm going...........

.....Over The Stars.

Postby Imosa » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:41 pm

stratus wrote:indeed i expected her to go with something more biblical like stones for ammo but with a somewhat blessed destructive power. living organic ammo in the form of chubby medium speed birds? no wonder mandy feels Mimi is not taking her seriously.
Not stones. Mimi only uses ordinary items. This sling shot is the most complex thing she's summoned during this invasion.

stratus wrote:Mandy already knew about mimi's irons and kettles even though Mimi has not used any of those attacks during her invasion. so it makes me wonder just how much does mandy know about mimi?
Maybe Mandy thinks she knows who Mimi is but isn't certain, so she's hinting at things that she expects (kinda like psyching yourself out). The only problem is that this is out of Mandy's character who never doubts herself. What Mandy would do is come straight out and either not let on that she knows anything, or make it obvious that she knows everything. Also, the iron was used in this invasion, here.

Nightreaper0513 wrote:Anyway, isn't Mandy kind of... Immortal (Being married to Grim and all)? I'd say the battle is pretty much in Mandy's favor if that still applies.
And if Mimi's objective was to kill Mandy then it would be hopeless. Still I don't think Mimi is going to get what she's after and just leave.

Postby the_sun_sets_at_dawn » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:45 pm

Ok so I have several things to say:

ANGERY BIRDS REFERANCE! I love the Captain America shield in case! And I also see that there have been
More cussing. I like! Also like seeing Mandy in a bra X3!
THE FIRE IT RAGES! IT BURNS CLEAR IN THE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby stratus » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:53 pm

Imosa wrote:
stratus wrote:indeed i expected her to go with something more biblical like stones for ammo but with a somewhat blessed destructive power. living organic ammo in the form of chubby medium speed birds? no wonder mandy feels Mimi is not taking her seriously.
Not stones. Mimi only uses ordinary items.This sling shot is the most complex thing she's summoned during this invasion.
the sling and bird combo is definetly the most odd if not the most out of place from the weapons she usually summons. its also the 1st time she summoned living creatures plus used them as weapons. overall they seem slow pudgy and impractical. on top of the fact that they can be killed. i think mimi would be better off with holy rocks. regardless mimi has brought a slingshot to a gun fight and mandy has her forced on the defensive.

Postby Archrival » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:22 am

stratus wrote: i think mimi would be better off with holy rocks.

The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Sycros D4 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:22 pm

daviso452 wrote:Okay, the item just to the left of Cpt. America's shield, I recognize it but can't remember exactly what it is. Can someone tell me what it is?

Leonidas's shield from 300.

Postby Minigrim » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:04 pm

stratus wrote:wow mandy upgraded her gun some how. it might be a shape shifting gun. and mandy seems to know alot about mimi's signature attacks. i wonder if mandy was already aware of mimi before the events of grim tales what about mimi also if or not she met her father before since they rule different parts of hell.

Mandy has two guns. The pistol which she used to shoot the bird and the semi-automatic that she's shooting at Mimi with. :|

Postby Minigrim » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:09 pm

Xi-1 wrote:No, not Cap's shield too! Mandy, what have you done to Steve Rogers / Bucky Barnes (and also Thor)?! Should we be concerned that more of the Avengers' weapons are going to show up in Mandy's possession? What's next, or does Bleedman just like Marvel references? If that's the case, maybe Scarlet Witch is hanging around somewhere. She sure didn't make it into Heaven.

You're worried about them, look... she has the Omnitrix o.O . I thought only Ben knew how to remove it.

Postby Unlimited » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:10 pm

Minigrim wrote:
stratus wrote:wow mandy upgraded her gun some how. it might be a shape shifting gun. and mandy seems to know alot about mimi's signature attacks. i wonder if mandy was already aware of mimi before the events of grim tales what about mimi also if or not she met her father before since they rule different parts of hell.

Mandy has two guns. The pistol which she used to shoot the bird and the semi-automatic that she's shooting at Mimi with. :|

I suppose using two guns made people think it was just one gun on this page.

NOTE: There's an EDIT button on your right. Please use it and don't double post.
Last edited by Unlimited on Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Memento mori

Postby Archrival » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:10 pm

@Minigrim: Don't double post.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby konata50 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:31 pm

i think mandy can use magic to in the show i think she learned dark magical things
The Kona-Squad's sign of approval..

Postby Imosa » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:22 pm

konata50 wrote:i think mandy can use magic to in the show i think she learned dark magical things

What makes you think that?

Postby stratus » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:05 pm

Minigrim wrote:

yea didnt notice she switched hands. totally missed it. for a while it looked like she only brought 1 gun but suddenly modified it. curses distracted by Mandy's nightie :redface:
i still think there's More to her gun then meets the eye though

Archrival wrote:

when they started chanting the prayers for the grenades arrival it was too funny ,that made my day. i think nothing short of a divine weapon could hope defeat Mandy. if i met Mandy i would pull out a cross and franticly hold in front of her. *trembles* "stay back"

Postby Gato » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:47 pm

Archrival wrote:

Blow them all to tiny bits, in thy mercy!

Love that movie.
Archrival- Now you sir have potential, definately so if Blood tolerates you. I feel you could be an asset to the forum amongst the muck.
Zelosse- I spent the last 30 minutes watching Gato's Avatar. Jesus christ it's so cute it sickens me.

Postby the_sun_sets_at_dawn » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:17 pm

I know I'm double posting and I dnt give a shit. I wanna post my opinion.

I think a few other cameos would be nice. A cameo of a band. I think Slipknot. And one of a
Video game character. Pyramid Head from silent hill. Oooooo and in one of those glass
Cases should be the Infinity Gauntlet.
THE FIRE IT RAGES! IT BURNS CLEAR IN THE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Gato » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:30 pm

the_sun_sets_at_dawn wrote:I know I'm double posting and I dnt give a shit. I wanna post my opinion.

I think a few other cameos would be nice. A cameo of a band. I think Slipknot. And one of a
Video game character. Pyramid Head from silent hill. Oooooo and in one of those glass
Cases should be the Infinity Gauntlet.

You should, considering it's against forum rules. Then again, shitheads like you tend to get banned pretty quickly regardless.
Archrival- Now you sir have potential, definately so if Blood tolerates you. I feel you could be an asset to the forum amongst the muck.
Zelosse- I spent the last 30 minutes watching Gato's Avatar. Jesus christ it's so cute it sickens me.

Postby darkman307 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:07 am

...mandy is hawt :P and yes mimi will lose this battle the angry hawk has foreseen it

Postby ReaperGal » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:18 am

ANGRY BIRDS!!!
CAPTAIN AMERICA'S SHIELD?!
ReaperGal "a fan of many things"

Deviantart user:sunny0295

Postby Archrival » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:03 am

Gato wrote:
Archrival wrote:

Blow them all to tiny bits, in thy mercy!

Love that movie.

Love the film and the musical based upon it.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Xi-1 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:12 pm

Minigrim wrote:
Xi-1 wrote:No, not Cap's shield too! Mandy, what have you done to Steve Rogers / Bucky Barnes (and also Thor)?! Should we be concerned that more of the Avengers' weapons are going to show up in Mandy's possession? What's next, or does Bleedman just like Marvel references? If that's the case, maybe Scarlet Witch is hanging around somewhere. She sure didn't make it into Heaven.

You're worried about them, look... she has the Omnitrix o.O . I thought only Ben knew how to remove it.

Ben can remove it. Albido can remove it. You better believe Azmuth can remove it since he created the damned thing. I think Vilgax also knows how to remove it, since Ben did it to him. And Gwen and Kevin saw all that, so they know too. A lot of people know how to remove the Omnitrix. In this case, they probably ain't tellin' 'cause they're dead. That's my guess.

Yes, Mandy's nightie is distracting. Except to Mimi, because she's also a girl. If mandy didn't take so long getting there to change into something sexy (she's just out of the shower after all) what was she doing all that time? Spying and preparing, probably.

I'm also now guessing that Cap's shield and Mjolnir are references to the recent movies.

Gasp! What did she see Minnie and Junior doing? And also Boot to the Head.
A Page Flipper

Settling the argument!

Postby wingman46 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:05 pm

About the "Mandy's Gun(s)" Argument: In the third panel she is holding both guns if you look closely. She does switch hands later. Just so you know :mrgreen:

P.S. If Mimi is to use Angry Birds...At least she should use the kamakazi (bad spelling) one!
Pizza Pie, Meet my face...

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!