Switch to full style
Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!
Topic locked

Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:11 am

BR: Oh man, NOT ZEEZ guys again. I'm sorry, that joke vas terrible, ja. How can I make it REICH--oh, that vas vorse. Oh, well, here's Gir acting like A DOLL For you.

Bleedman: Mustard? Are you kidding me? Who puts mustard on takoyaki?

Re: Still Quiet On The Western Front

Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:09 am

Bleedman wrote:Bleedman: Mustard? Are you kidding me? Who puts mustard on takoyaki?

People who love their takoyakis. That's who.

Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:38 pm

So, where can i park my TIE advanced X1?

Or is that just for gypsy Tie fighter cabs?

Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:15 pm

lol I don't think I'm ever going to get tired of Buttercup getting so flustered around Jack. She's almost as bad as Hinata from Naruto when she's around Naruto, All she has to do is faint and there you go.

Though I doubt that will happen, she might be acting shy and stuff around Jack but I don't think anything can make her faint without a large impact being involved.

Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:33 pm

Difference is, Hinata is shy all the time, Buttercup is supposed to be a tomboy all the time and beat the living shit out of people.

Re:

Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:20 pm

Bleedman wrote:BR: Oh man, NOT ZEEZ guys again. I'm sorry, that joke vas terrible, ja. How can I make it REICH--oh, that vas vorse. Oh, well, here's Gir acting like A DOLL For you.

Bleedman: Mustard? Are you kidding me? Who puts mustard on takoyaki?

that was mayonaise you moron!

Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:37 pm

Haha. Nice refference to the Simpsons.
Finally, my 1 year of German lessons pays off. xD

Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:44 pm

Mustard is yellow.. I've yet to see anything yellow.

Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:35 pm

wow bleed your color blind and why is gir german?!

Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:01 pm

Who was that girl again?

Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:22 pm

That girl was Sam(antha) I think from Medabots, Hitler jokes make me laugh. Mainly as I'm English.

Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:47 pm

lol if everyone gets who they want (which they always do in doujins) jack will be a pedo

Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:04 pm

not a one word post now

0GravityDragon wrote:lol if everyone gets who they want (which they always do in doujins) jack will be a pedo

NO

Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:07 pm

finally! gir appeared again!
I hope to have the brilliant luck to return to see zim with that… uniform of maid :twisted:

Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:28 pm

Oh my god, has no one ever had a crush on a teacher before? Some of these members really hurt my head.

Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:14 pm

Seeing Buttercup blushing all the time is a different pace, I enjoy seeing her pink and all embarrassed. Makes her cuter. :grin:

Uh oh, she's baa~ck, and so is gir!!! Yippee!!! But why the German language...? Can't wait to see him cause some havoc in a hilarious way that only he could achieve.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:14 am

Loved all the latest pages.

Rough translation for the lazy (from Google translation):
Oh, my eyes!
TYhe sunglasses!
They do nights!

Yes well, my Furer!
... Ooh, its that?
I love tako-o-o-o-o

If its wrong please just correct me, I dont know any German at all, so please feel free to correct me!

Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:03 am

cornteen wrote:Rough translation for the lazy (from Google translation):
Oh, my eyes!
TYhe sun
If its wrong please just correct me, I dont know any German at all, so please feel free to correct me!

"ARGH, MY EYES! THE GOGGLES! THEY DO NOTHING!" -Simpsons reference, I believe.
The rest: YES, MY [Führer*]! Ooh, is that...I LOVE TAKO-O-O!

(*Note:It means Leader, essentially, often used sarcastically and also satirically nowadays. Though, you will almost never, ever hear a German person saying this. This phrase has become infamous for the monster that was referred to by that phrase exclusively and many Germans tend to guilt-trip like hell when anything like that is mentioned.)

I'm Dutch, by the way. I know a few things about our neighbours...
To be honest, there is no such thing as a language that is gentle on any kind of automated generators. The difference and variety between grammatical structure and manner of speech between languages is usually too great. But some translations, at least, give a person a rough estimate of what is said and intended.

I bet nobody even read this.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:56 am

I read it.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:31 am

Samantha's back?!! And Gir speaks GERMAN?!!

Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:00 am

Mythrrinthael wrote:I bet nobody even read this.

I DID!

But anywho, I thought that German was actually supposed to be a reference to the movie that was referenced... or something... But low and behold, A SIMPSON'S REFERENCE! the line about taco's was pretty easy to decipher though, since you'd expect Gir to say that. What you WOULDN'T expect was that he would know the language in the first place. That guy in the second to last panel though looks sort of off-put with Buttercup squirting mayo/icing(?) over the counter <_<

P.S. That girl's from Medabots ._.? So, she's the only character that's not from nick or CN and not original then... Hmmmm...

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:49 pm

All Quiet on the Western Front was a book before a movie

about World War I

Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:31 pm

I'm a little surprised that nobody called out the squirting sauce bottle as a uh... visual innuendo to something else.

This kind of visual innuendo usually is used with guys, but with some fudging you can make it work for girls to.

Just something to think about.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:57 pm

please do not post in old comic threads. if you have something to say, say it in the current comic thread. do not post after this. no need to apologize.
Topic locked