Back from Anime Central

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Dave » Mon May 17, 2010 11:04 pm

Anime Central was great! Thanks so much to everyone that came by the booth I really appreciate it. I got to meet a lot of great fans. There was a Dave cosplayer which was super rad.

which happens from once
and awhile.

I gave her a free shirt and as a heads up if anyone cosplays anything from Snafu Comics I'll give you a free shirt or print or whatever you want really. That's always so awesome when people will cosplay our characters. Really makes my day.

And then I had a total angel come to the booth to bring me water and even a hamburger since I was all alone and stuck behind the booth all day all three days. She was the bomb diggity for hizzy. I have no idea what that even means but hooray.

And I another girl game me some lemonade and free hugs. And then another girl got a picture with me and then a surprise kiss attack on the check which was Super Effective. Most action I've got in years.

Thanks Chicago!

And non Anime Central news Little Big Planet 2 looks pretty awesome. I found the first to be too... dull and this one doesn't look all that much better... but it looks that much better at the same time. Little Big Planet really needs some enemies and bosses and ATTACKS of some kind to make it great in my opinion. Hell PDA Games on Alien Hominid where fantastic and the only real difference is there were instant kill enemies and you could attack you friends once in awhile if you wanted to. LBP make it challenging for once please.

Anyhow Trailer:

WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Re: Back from Anime Central

Postby Melcadrien » Mon May 17, 2010 11:24 pm

Someone sure put a lot of time into making that costume. Looks good from my point of view.

Postby Riz » Mon May 17, 2010 11:29 pm

I should totally dress up like Travis.
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack

Postby Seiryuga » Tue May 18, 2010 12:09 am

I should dress up like Bleedman.
copyrights are a bitch ain't it?

Postby BeeAre » Tue May 18, 2010 12:14 am

Seiryuga wrote:I should dress up like Bleedman.

get orange shirt khaki shorts and look really confused
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby zepherin » Tue May 18, 2010 1:03 am

Damn Dave you could have had sex with a female version of yourself. A little Dave on Dave action. It would have been a great social experiment. I could write a psychology paper on it. And if a child was conceived I could get that paper published, maybe even use it as a masters thesis.

I pity the lost opportunity.
Zeph do you ever tire of being perfect? ~Dave
Zeph is still awesome though. ~Rival
I love you so much right now Zeph. ~Yoshi
I love you Zeph. You and your simple yet humorous topic-breakers. ~Coos
Zeph has left me inspired. ~Mathias
Zeph is so awesome even soulless bits of binary worship him. ~Wizard
Curse YOU ZEPH! CURSE YOU! ~JesusChrist
WE ARE SORRY THAT WE ARE NOT AS PERFECT AS YOU, ZEPH! ~Stufflikehearts
Zepherin for forum queen and writer of the best seller "how to screw your brethen up for dummies". ~ The Mirak

Postby GridsNaranek » Tue May 18, 2010 9:17 am

Australia is missing out on all this.

Mostly because we've banned most of it...
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Hellscream89 » Tue May 18, 2010 11:20 am

Hey there :mrgreen: . Does anybody know where i can pick up a pair of goggles like she has on? Please tell me.

Postby Lemon » Tue May 18, 2010 2:00 pm

Dave wrote:And I another girl game me some lemonade and free hugs.

Good. You may now send me a free shirt as a sign of gratitude.

Postby apstorm » Wed May 19, 2010 1:51 pm

Little Big Planet really needs some enemies and bosses

Funny... could have sworn the game had enemies already. And bosses. Like the Skulldozer (technically the first boss, though you really don't defeat it like all the later ones), Sheriff Zapata, Ze Dude and his goons, the Terrible Oni... Almost each area after the first two (the Gardens and the Savannah) have a boss, and after the first you start running across enemies you can kill (not just ghosts like the last part of the Gardens) by jumping on bubbles on their forms until they fall and fade away. For most, these are on the top of the enemies, so it's like Mario and jumping on Goomba heads.

Oh, and also, you apparently don't know you can smack your sackperson friends around by waving the arms fast enough. Stand next to someone and hold down the appropriate arm movement button, then instantly snap the stick at them- if done right, the character's arm will swing out quick enough that any sackperson standing next to them will get b****-slapped and yours should shake their arm in reaction to the impact. If no player is there, then the arm will just swing wide and nearly throw your guy off-balance.

Really, though, some of the best stuff was when they started giving you EXPLOSIVES to play with. Blowing things up makes everything better.
"Dropping a warship on me is cheating...take it back!"

"Having left his homeland, he never yields, never retreats, and never regrets. He faces forward and never looks back! He's manly! He's tenacious! Kamina of Team Gurren is here to take you on. Lets go!"

Postby HallowVortex » Wed May 19, 2010 3:28 pm

Dave, you apparently have not tried to ace the final levels of LBP, I had my controller almost cracked into two pieces.
A wise man once said "A wise man once said..."

Postby Dave » Sat May 22, 2010 8:21 pm

is that terminator Bayonetta? Good god that's awesome.

And yeah I never bothered with final levels of LBP. It wasn't that exciting of a game for me.

and I know about the lame slap thing. it's alright... barely.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Return to Comic Updates and News!