New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic: "Metal Headgear?!"

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby (CH3)3CLi » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:56 pm

...I like Naga... I have a soft spot for sparkly reptilian people. :) I cannot wait to see what awesomeness will occur as a result of his introduction into the story.~

I wonder if Naga will be an anti-hero character, since he does not seem to have a personality that would suit a villain. (Then again, he has only been around for several pages. Who am I to make those assumptions? Yet, I will anyway.) Those types of characters will show up and interfere (with their own mysterious motives) at crucial battles or character development scenes (like now) to alter the flow of the story. They can be seen, then, as a quick and easy tool for the author to solve otherwise long and tedious/predictable situations.

I know I describe something more akin to a Deus Ex Machina, but Naga, who appears to be very powerful, has that potential depending on what abilities Bleedman chooses to attribute him with. Back to the anti-hero point, he could be something of a neutral character who represents everything the hero is not, but is not necessarily evil, though he may side with the villains depending on his goal.

On that topic, Bell, herself, is looking to be the type of character who can be convinced to switch sides given the right stimulus (she reminds me of Terra from Teen Titans in terms of personality). Perhaps Naga's introduction as Bell's friend (though this relationship might develop in the typical hate-transforms-to-friendship fashion) will serve as a possible catalyst for Bell's switchover.

As for Gir... since the page ends on a rock being thrown (hopefully implying something at least somewhat important about that rock), I would guess said rock will cause something notably minor to occur, perhaps flying towards Naga, who crushes it/dodges it/does something magical to it, leading to a possible revelation of some of his powers, or will affect Bell in some way such that the events would delay her return to Earth, giving her and Naga more interaction time that could become a cornerstone to a possible personality development.

Or all that speculation could be completely wrong and the rock's magic powers would zap Naga into oblivion. Let's just go with that.
Image
Pyrophoric
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:09 pm
Location: In a solution.
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Riz » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:21 pm

I'm pretty sure that the rock is just a rock.
Image
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 15647
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:09 pm
Location: no.
Gender: Female

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:59 pm

Oh look, fresh food.

Hmm... A lot of that is just speculation shit. It looks like a interesting meal, but isn't. A lot of that has already been theorized, which is pointless since we don't know much about him and he is fairly new. We could speculate all month about his motives, and get nowhere. At this point in time, its not a shot in the dark, nor theorizing about events.

This is more like judgment from what we see with what we hope.

"Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." - Sherlock Holmes. (2009 Movie)

Lily wrote:I'm pretty sure that the rock is just a rock.

This as well.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 19018
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:14 pm

Do I have to fucking spell it out to you?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 19018
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:17 pm

Smart ass.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 19018
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Mathias » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:19 pm

Numbers are more logical.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 11862
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: Fire up chips.
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby (CH3)3CLi » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:54 pm

@Blood Lord: You are correct, it really is just speculation. I am sorry if that was uncalled for of me. I just thought it would be an interesting point to contest with back-and-forth speculation within reason. Thank you for correcting me.
Image
Pyrophoric
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:09 pm
Location: In a solution.
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby (CH3)3CLi » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:07 am

Frightening. Then, I suppose the next question I should ask is how to avoid that temper of his. I love these comics and do want to discuss them with the forum community. It would be upsetting to me if I were banned.
Image
Pyrophoric
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:09 pm
Location: In a solution.
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Riz » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:09 am

BL can't actually get you banned.
Image
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 15647
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:09 pm
Location: no.
Gender: Female

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby (CH3)3CLi » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:15 am

Ah, sorry, I meant some humor in those last lines, but it would seem that I am very inept at conveying sarcasm via text. I suppose the main point is: "How can I avoid unnecessary confrontations with Blood Lord?" I have no wish to stir his/her cauldron but if it simmers nonetheless then I am surely at a loss for a viable solution.
Image
Pyrophoric
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:09 pm
Location: In a solution.
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Riz » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:20 am

I would suggest lurking in our conversations in the Bleedforum. we have much better talks there. you can see how we discuss the pages and see the kinds of things we say.
Image
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 15647
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:09 pm
Location: no.
Gender: Female

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:46 am

I hate damage control.

Colonel wrote:Blood Lord is the last person to go back and forth with.

This can be true, but don't be afraid to. If you have a different opinion about what I'm saying, point it out. Perhaps I missed something or didn't think about a thing in the context you thought of.

Dysdaimon wrote:You are correct, it really is just speculation. I am sorry if that was uncalled for of me. I just thought it would be an interesting point to contest with back-and-forth speculation within reason. Thank you for correcting me.

Its not uncalled for, but I believe you took what I said in the wrong light. Let me clarify.

Speculation can be fun, I have partaken in its joy on numerous occasions and I find them to be fun. Its part of the necessary components needed to make predictions. However, there is a danger with such speculation. It can cause twisting of facts to suit your ideas. Speculations are influenced by what we prefer to see what will happen. There is usually very little data to support speculations, and when there is data, it is usually ambiguous. They're a two edged sword, there is a harmful side, and a positive side.

Speculations can also be hard to discuss. They eventually lead into "wishful thinking" and hoping for a certain outcome. Such personal preferences can blind someone to what is really occurring. Such as GrimSenior44. He believes that due to PpGD being drawn in a anime style, that the comic would follow typical anime storyline. He concluded that Bell attacking Naga was part of some "Warrior Code", and its how he believes true warriors greet each other. That due to PpGD coloring, Bell is thus an honorable anime warrior, who greets people by hitting them first.

Now you didn't do anything on this scale. This was an example of flawed thinking due to personal preferences. He ignored data within the comic that pointed to Bell being very defensive of Gir. He twisted facts to suit theories. I don't like to deal with speculations very much. Basically for the reasons just explained, but you will find that I do take a guess at the possibility of the storyline. I prefer to explain events as they happened by using events from the comic, or where characters originate (the PpG cartoon for example). I also find them to be rather limiting in discussion unless there is data. For me (and I speak through history and by experience) I find such discussion to turn into "I believe this" and "You're wrong cus i'm leik totaly right. nuff said".

Speculation can lead to new ideas and opportunity that have been hidden before. Sometimes the future is needed before we can explain the past. Just be wary. Don't make a guess because you want it to happen, make a guess because from what you've seen, you think that may happen. Don't get personal in it. There is a danger of being blinded, both willingly and unwillingly when you allow personal preferences to seep into your analyzation of the comic.

You have not a damn thing to be worried about, or sorry about. Do not apologize when your ideas differ from someone else. Respectfully point out that while that idea could be right, could this idea be better.

Colonel wrote:He knows all and has a very short temper.

I think he's got people banned with his reason.

I do not know all. Anyone who believes that he/she knows all is a fool... or a God.

I can not, nor will I ever attempt to purposely get someone banned for disagreeing with me. That is serious abuse of the report button, and moderator duties. I would be deeply ashamed if a moderator would do such a thing.

Please, do not talk about me like this again, Colonel. You've experienced this side of me because you were unfortunate enough to be a troll, and an idiot. This newbie is lucky enough to seem intelligent.

Dysdaimon wrote:"How can I avoid unnecessary confrontations with Blood Lord?"

Don't be an idiot.

Lily wrote:I would suggest lurking in our conversations in the Bleedforum. we have much better talks there. you can see how we discuss the pages and see the kinds of things we say.

And this.

Dysdaimon wrote:I have no wish to stir his/her cauldron but if it simmers nonetheless then I am surely at a loss for a viable solution.

I am a man, and yes I'm pretty sure. I thought the term Lord in my name would have given it off.

However, a female version of Blood Lord?
Hmm... a Blood Queen. God that would be awesome...
I'm sorry, I'm fantasizing about having sex with a Blood Queen... what were we talking about again? :D

Dysdaimon wrote:I am very inept at conveying sarcasm via text.

It takes a while to get use to. Well then, Welcome to Snafu, Dysdaimon. Enjoy your stay.

Any questions (from anyone)?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 19018
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:54 am

Because I love it.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 19018
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:04 am

Predictions Thread would be a good place to look, or to at least ask any questions.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 19018
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:13 am

I read what BeeAre, Griddles, and Seir write.
I know their habits and relationships from deductive reasoning, and observations.

Colonel wrote:Bloodsugar (is it still called that?)

Yus.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 19018
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby MagicMidtown » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:04 pm

Blood Lord has patience with others? That's an eye-opener. Anyway, yes, the Predictions Thread is a good place like he suggested.
Image

Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads. 8)
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1576
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:16 pm
Location: In my DeLorean, traveling through time
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Riz » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:13 pm

MagicMidtown wrote:Blood Lord has patience with others?


that's why he's the Mercypostle.
Image
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 15647
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:09 pm
Location: no.
Gender: Female

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Mathias » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:17 pm

inb4wut
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 11862
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: Fire up chips.
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Barrahir » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:36 am

1st time I see BL make such a looong comment. As several occasions before, this is probably far than the 1st time, but I'm still new to the forum, so sorry. Usually you leave a destructive 3-word comment.

And based on what I just read, I'm so going to the Bleedforum. Lemme just find it!

Edit: I'm gonna need a link.
I like potatoes.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:18 pm
Location: Over There
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:00 am

Blood Lord suggested that I know everything in his wall of text.
A Pimp Named Jeezy Creezy: Lasting all the way up to Valentine's.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

"Sleepery Dee, Sleepery Doo.
Whoever betrays me tonight, I'll mo'fuckin' cap you!"
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 13061
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:22 pm
Location: ....
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby (CH3)3CLi » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:42 am

Blood Lord wrote:It takes a while to get use to. Well then, Welcome to Snafu, Dysdaimon. Enjoy your stay.

Thank you for your welcome, it is very much appreciated.

Blood Lord wrote:Speculation can lead to new ideas and opportunity that have been hidden before. Sometimes the future is needed before we can explain the past. Just be wary. Don't make a guess because you want it to happen, make a guess because from what you've seen, you think that may happen. Don't get personal in it. There is a danger of being blinded, both willingly and unwillingly when you allow personal preferences to seep into your analyzation of the comic.

Thank you very much for clarifying your statement, I now understand your sentiments with a higher degree of lucidity than before. I do realize the dangers of blatant speculation untempered by critical analysis, which is why I make a sincere effort to at least apply some decent logos appeals into my speculations. If I sometimes fall rather miserably short of the appropriate quota of reasoning then I would have to apologize for a misguided thought process and re-evaluate my ideas. In that respect, I previously apologized for my rampant speculation due to its failure to sufficiently adhere to the story's proffered evidence, though I was not explicit with this particular reason as I concluded that your initial rebuttal had already noted the lack of solid proof.

In any event, thank you for taking the time to provide further elucidation. I look forward to future days at SNAFU Forums.

Blood Lord wrote:I am a man, and yes I'm pretty sure. I thought the term Lord in my name would have given it off.

However, a female version of Blood Lord?
Hmm... a Blood Queen. God that would be awesome...
I'm sorry, I'm fantasizing about having sex with a Blood Queen... what were we talking about again? :D

I have partaken in the habit of never guessing at genders from user names alone. What if you had been a very butch woman, or a femme man? How embarrassing that would be if I were to mistake your biological gender with your preferred gender!

Image

I would be just devastated if you directed that gaze in my direction.
Image
Pyrophoric
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:09 pm
Location: In a solution.
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Mathias » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:54 am

An intelligent newb? No wai.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 11862
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: Fire up chips.
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Riz » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:24 am

@BL: I'll be your Blood Queen, bby
Image
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 15647
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:09 pm
Location: no.
Gender: Female

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Mathias » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:47 am

You mean "Blood Lady." :P
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 11862
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: Fire up chips.
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Riz » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:19 am

yeah, I know. but he said Blood Queen so I might as well go with it.

I already said the right version in another thread last night.
Image
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 15647
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:09 pm
Location: no.
Gender: Female

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests