Good morning, lovers.
In celebration of our favorite day of the year, Tuesday, February 23, Zerofriends is kicking off this magical day with a new interactive contest full of blood and slow-motion.
But first, let's take a look at what makes Feb 23rd so awesome:
Feb 23, 1455: Johannes Gutenberg prints 1st book, The Bible
Feb 23, 1886: London Times publishes its first classified ad. Craigslist is a close second 110 years later.
Feb 23, 1940: Walt Disney releases "Pinocchio". Old men all over the world fantasize about secretly building a little boy.
Feb 23, 2003: John Mayer finally wins a Grammy! SO RAD!
Ok, now that you know why we love Feb 23 more than any other date in history, let's get on to the contest!
Please read everything carefully!
As you may or may not have seen, Stephen Reedy (director of "The Winter Stalker") directed a fun Zerofriends commercial for us a few weeks ago called "BLOODBATH", which you can watch (if you haven't already, right beneath this colon:
If that doesn't show up, you can view it at this direct link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3snzWE7_EY
NOW, here is where you need to really start paying attention. Using the same exact footage from the original "Bloodbath" video, Stephen Reedy & Jenn Horvath remixed the shit out of it and gave it a completely different happy feeling! Watch:
Direct link to view video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMr5I3YDWkQ
So what does this have to do with you or the contest? Well, here are your answers and information:
I present the Zerofriends "BLOODBATH REMIX" Contest:)
Object: Use the same exact, uncut video footage that Stephen used to create the original "Bloodbath" commercial to create a new, fun, original Zerofriends commercial to spread around like cream cheese.
Official rules of the contest:
1. Download the original, uncut Quick Time files for use in the contest HERE Direct link to download files: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F8NHFMQX
2. Play around with the video footage using anything you have access to. Add sound, music, voice-overs, narration, graphics. Make it funny, scary, musical, graphical...color it, conjure up your inner Michel Gondry, do ANYTHING YOU WANT, just make it awesome. You don't have to use all the clips. In fact, if you only use 1 clip, that's alright. The only restriction is that you make sure it's a commercial for Zerofriends.com.
3. Upload your video to your own YouTube channel, and post it as a RESPONSE to the original "BLOODBATH" video. To assure that we do see the video, you should additionally email the direct link to your video on YouTube to email@example.com
4. The deadline for submissions is Sunday, March 7, 2010. The winners will be notified via email and announced on Friday, March 12, 2010.
5. PRIZES: Grand Prize: $250 Gift Certificate to Zerofriends.com (Or to our Retail Store in NY).
Three Runners up: $50 Gift Certificate to Zerofriends.com (Or to our Retail Store in NY).
How to win: Grand Prize winner will be OUR FAVORITE video, plain and simple. We will be judging SOLELY on CREATIVITY. Nothing else. Not quality of equipment used, or on the amount of time and money you spend on it. Simply creativity. That's what we love and that's what we are.
The Three Runners Up will be chosen based on VIEWS. The 3 top highest-viewed videos will be awarded the runners up prize. That means you should pimp out your video as much as possible!
SO GO GET CREATIVEEEEEEE. More importantly, have fun.