New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic: "The Sea of Tranquility"

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby BeeAre » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:08 am

20000 leagues from the sea of tranquility in fact
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5643
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Mississippi
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby protozeloz » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:26 pm

O: how can he drink from the cup? O:
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:08 am
Location: I Have No Idea
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:40 pm

Why does it matter?
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18995
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby SharpPointyDeath » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:00 pm

A) Beta doesn't NEED a biblical meaning. I'm using the biblical reference to justify the time/space continuum theory.

B) The moon is pre-requisite because otherwise the PPG would be "OMGDZ, EVIL BASE!!" KA-BLOOM. End of evil plan. Messing with time to take out the PPG and rule the world?

C) Numbers are too linear to be out of order. It'd be glaringly obvious if that were true.

D) Clue Four thus implies that Beta is the one out of order. If I remember correctly, the original order was "Alpha, Beta, Omega" (blood types?), so it could be:
AOB
BAO
BOA
OAB
OBA
Maybe they're gonna flip shit around? IE: Like dexter becomes ridiculed evil genius, the PPG go bad, etc.?

E) Hint 5 would imply some sort of last stand. As that is the most significant part of the Battle of Thermopylae involving Spartans. Also, Wikipedia says: "The Knights Templar were the elite fighting force of their day, highly trained, well-equipped and highly motivated; one of the tenets of their religious order was that they were forbidden from retreating in battle." This is practically the same philosophy as the Spartans. In fact, the entire Wikipedia article is a rather disturbingly similar article to that of the Spartans. It speaks of the Templar skill, badassery, and the usage of a sort of "Cavalry Phalanx" that would smash holes in the enemy line. This seems to support the idea of some sort of heavy infantry being present in the future, as well as that of a last stand to the death.
Image Image Image Image Image

"Try new BLAMMO!!! SOAP!!! BLASTS STAINS OUT!!! BLASTS the WORLD out!!! We've all been BLAMMOED!!!!!!!!!" - The Preacher, from Fallout 3
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:10 pm
Location: The End of Space and Time
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:10 pm

SharpPointyDeath wrote:D) Clue Four thus implies that Beta is the one out of order. If I remember correctly, the original order was "Alpha, Beta, Omega" (blood types?)

BeeAre wrote:my fourth hint is that the out of order hint in the first three hints is to be interpretted distinctly from the first two

Exactly how does that signify that "Beta" is the out of order clue?

SharpPointyDeath wrote:so it could be:
AOB
BAO
BOA
OAB
OBA

Your point?

SharpPointyDeath wrote:Hint 5 would imply some sort of last stand.

No it doesn't.

BeeAre wrote:fifth clue is the bridging theme between the fighting techniques of the Knights Templar and Thermopylae Spartans


SharpPointyDeath wrote:In fact, the entire Wikipedia article is a rather disturbingly similar article to that of the Spartans.

Why do we care?

SharpPointyDeath wrote:This seems to support the idea of some sort of heavy infantry being present in the future

Of course it does.

SharpPointyDeath wrote:as well as that of a last stand to the death.

Again. No it doesn't.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18995
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Kalakcha » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:30 pm

Ok, now i'm sure biblical matters have nothing to do whit it...

So he wasn't talking about the order of the letters, but in how we should interpret them! Now i get it! :P

Let me guess, the fourth hint is referring to the Omega, not only because it has the largest number of meanings, but also because most of them are physical ones.
The most fitting for this matter is probably the angular speed since this thing in space seems to suggest something astronomical.
Thinking about it I realized that by changing the angular velocity of a planet can change its "time", not actually real time, but whereby we calculate the time... geez... :roll:

About the fifth hint I must sadly say that the Templars were not infantry, but a heavy cavalry ("knights" ya now) and since they followed the medieval chivalric code they fought one on one. Really not much in common with the Spartans...
If there was just one single little detail that unites those two armies is probably the "Lambda" simbol on the Spartans shields as the simbol of Ares and on the Templars shields as the symbol of the blade, often associated with its exact opposite: the cup...

Guess what? I really can't wait for the next page
Evil Overlord wrote:Rule number 7: When I've captured my adversary and he says, "Look, before you kill me, will you at least tell me what this is all about?" I'll say, "No." and shoot him.
No, on second thought I'll shoot him then say "No."

Evil Overlord wrote:Rule number 20: Despite its proven stress-relieving effect, I will not indulge in maniacal laughter. When so occupied, it's too easy to miss unexpected developments that a more attentive individual could adjust to accordingly.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:29 pm
Location: Just behind you
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:00 am

The most fitting for this matter is probably the angular speed since this thing in space seems to suggest something astronomical.

While a valiant notion, it also does nothing with "Alpha, Beta" and "Omega". Unless you wish to imply events with it.

Thinking about it I realized that by changing the angular velocity of a planet can change its "time", not actually real time, but whereby we calculate the time... geez...

So evil.

Also, time is nonexistent.

About the fifth hint I must sadly say that the Templars were not infantry, but a heavy cavalry ("knights" ya now) and since they followed the medieval chivalric code they fought one on one.

You really sure you want to stand by this last part?
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18995
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:24 am

Personally, as the guy that could get into these sort of things and most likely end up predicting the future with all the possible guesses in the world, I'd rather let this mystery solve itself.

Why guess, deduce, and SECOND guess something to think something is what it may be when it WILL be in time without giving yourself a headache, or wasted time on your hands when you could being doing something more productive, like making art of your own? (like I fail at...) At first, I just thought "Hey, it's some 'Sands of Ambiance' advertisement XD ", but THEN I thought "Wait... that would be too perfect a guess and coincidence to be right :happy: "

I say sit, wait, and let the fun come to you.

P.S. Thanks BL for the link back on topic... I just haven't been on in a while, so I felt like commenting on old lines while catching up ^^;
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 4047
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: where there's garlic
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:00 am

This whole thread is a lot of tl;dr bullshit.
A Pimp Named Jeezy Creezy: Lasting all the way up to Valentine's.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

"Sleepery Dee, Sleepery Doo.
Whoever betrays me tonight, I'll mo'fuckin' cap you!"
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 13061
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:22 pm
Location: ....
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby BeeAre » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:08 am

PunkyChipsAhoy wrote:This whole thread is a lot of tl;dr bullshit.


Thanks for your input, now please stop commenting on it without contributing! :)
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5643
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Mississippi
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby protozeloz » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:39 am

Blood Lord wrote:Why does it matter?

it doesn't.... just a comment
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:08 am
Location: I Have No Idea
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Kalakcha » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:12 am

Blood Lord wrote:
About the fifth hint I must sadly say that the Templars were not infantry, but a heavy cavalry ("knights" ya now) and since they followed the medieval chivalric code they fought one on one.

You really sure you want to stand by this last part?

As sure as anyone who wasn't there and whit all his knowledge based on books may be...
I even asked a friend who is studying medieval history at university, is more or less what he said...

But anyone can make mistakes so if you have more accurate information, please share...
BeeAre wrote:my fourth hint is that the out of order hint in the first three hints is to be interpretted distinctly from the first two

fifth clue is the bridging theme between the fighting techniques of the Knights Templar and Thermopylae Spartans

sixth clue will be on the next page.

C'mon spill it, you love to mess whit our brains didn't you? :P
Evil Overlord wrote:Rule number 7: When I've captured my adversary and he says, "Look, before you kill me, will you at least tell me what this is all about?" I'll say, "No." and shoot him.
No, on second thought I'll shoot him then say "No."

Evil Overlord wrote:Rule number 20: Despite its proven stress-relieving effect, I will not indulge in maniacal laughter. When so occupied, it's too easy to miss unexpected developments that a more attentive individual could adjust to accordingly.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:29 pm
Location: Just behind you
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:51 am

pwned-by-twilight wrote:Why guess, deduce, and SECOND guess something to think something is what it may be when it WILL be in time without giving yourself a headache, or wasted time on your hands

Because its fun. If done correctly, it doesn't waste your time either.You'll gain two things, first is a improvement to your analytical skill. the second, it helps you type faster.

pwned-by-twilight wrote:P.S. Thanks BL for the link back on topic... I just haven't been on in a while, so I felt like commenting on old lines while catching up ^^;

No problem, and I completely understand.

Kalakcha wrote:As sure as anyone who wasn't there and whit all his knowledge based on books may be...
I even asked a friend who is studying medieval history at university, is more or less what he said...

Well, I don't know how much of the code of chivalry played in there lives. Since they were a christian fighting order, I'd assume that their beliefs and covenants would have a stronger hold. As for the "fighting one-on-one" deal, that can be argued either way.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18995
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby BeeAre » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:00 am

regarding the knights templar: they didn't make last stands, they were heavy support.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5643
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Mississippi
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Musicmac » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:55 pm

Did I miss anything?
Ooh, space naked. :D
Listen.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2798
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:59 am
Location: Malaysia
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:58 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
pwned-by-twilight wrote:Why guess, deduce, and SECOND guess something to think something is what it may be when it WILL be in time without giving yourself a headache, or wasted time on your hands

Because its fun. If done correctly, it doesn't waste your time either.You'll gain two things, first is a improvement to your analytical skill. the second, it helps you type faster.

pwned-by-twilight wrote:P.S. Thanks BL for the link back on topic... I just haven't been on in a while, so I felt like commenting on old lines while catching up ^^;

No problem, and I completely understand.


Well, guess it is healthy to explore the depths of your analytical skills, and I'm glad you understand BL.

Okay, now that I feel more rested than before (had a bad night sleep yesterday morning ^^; ), I'll probably throw my hat into the ring figuring this out and making some deductions (hopefully that's the right word...).
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 4047
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: where there's garlic
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby Kalakcha » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:32 pm

pwned-by-twilight wrote:Okay, now that I feel more rested than before (had a bad night sleep yesterday morning ^^; ), I'll probably throw my hat into the ring figuring this out and making some deductions (hopefully that's the right word...).

Welcome in the club! ;)
Evil Overlord wrote:Rule number 7: When I've captured my adversary and he says, "Look, before you kill me, will you at least tell me what this is all about?" I'll say, "No." and shoot him.
No, on second thought I'll shoot him then say "No."

Evil Overlord wrote:Rule number 20: Despite its proven stress-relieving effect, I will not indulge in maniacal laughter. When so occupied, it's too easy to miss unexpected developments that a more attentive individual could adjust to accordingly.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:29 pm
Location: Just behind you
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby raijin86 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:11 pm

O_o uh.... kind of here.

Musicmac wrote:Did I miss anything?
Ooh, space naked. :D
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:11 am
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby SharpPointyDeath » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:27 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
SharpPointyDeath wrote:D) Clue Four thus implies that Beta is the one out of order. If I remember correctly, the original order was "Alpha, Beta, Omega" (blood types?)

BeeAre wrote:my fourth hint is that the out of order hint in the first three hints is to be interpretted distinctly from the first two

Exactly how does that signify that "Beta" is the out of order clue?

SharpPointyDeath wrote:so it could be:
AOB
BAO
BOA
OAB
OBA

Your point?

SharpPointyDeath wrote:Hint 5 would imply some sort of last stand.

No it doesn't.

BeeAre wrote:fifth clue is the bridging theme between the fighting techniques of the Knights Templar and Thermopylae Spartans


SharpPointyDeath wrote:In fact, the entire Wikipedia article is a rather disturbingly similar article to that of the Spartans.

Why do we care?

SharpPointyDeath wrote:This seems to support the idea of some sort of heavy infantry being present in the future

Of course it does.

SharpPointyDeath wrote:as well as that of a last stand to the death.

Again. No it doesn't.


Eh, the alpha beta omega thing probably doesn't matter.

"Thermopylae Spartans" specifies the Spartans at Themopylae, where they led a last stand to give the surviving Greeks time to run away. Since "Fighting Techniques" is extremely ambiguous, this could mean either that the Templars and Spartans fought with similar combat styles or they used similar tactics. I show that both claims are true. Fine, this hint may not directly imply that thee will be last stand, but the specification of "Thermopylae Spartans" significantly suggests such an occurrence (unless BR only meant "Spartans" in general, whereas the last stand part goes out the window).

Unless my guessing is rejected (and it hasn't really been refuted either), beta would be the out of place letter, since the phrase is "I am the ALPHA and OMEGA", beta isn't in there and thus would be out of order. I have no idea why I put down the various combinations of A, B, and O. Ignore it. You shouldn't care about the Wiki Article other than the fact that the massive similarities support my point.

Angular speed is a measurement of the speed of an object's rotation. If you increased the speed of the Earth's rotation, you'd have shorter days, but that wouldn't change how we define time, since we define Mars' and Venus' and all other planets' rotation based on earth time.

Sadly, I must point out that the Templars were not only Cavalry. (BR: Sorry, but I'm pretty sure you're wrong.)
A Knight's role on the battlefield was varied. It ranged from Heavy Cavalry, Heavy Infantry, and Close Support. In the heavy cavalry role, knights were to use the mass of their gigantic horses and their weapons to bash through enemy lines. In the heavy infantry role, the immense time knights could put into training ensured that they were powerful soldiers. The heavy armor coupled with their immense power enabled Knights to work in a fashion similar to the WoW "tank".

On to the Chivalric Code:
Your argument fails since it makes no sense for a knight to be fighting anything BUT one-on-one because: A) You have to kill one opponent before killing another, B) No person other than a knight would EVER challenge a fully armored knight to combat. Have you SEEN the armor at museums? And the Swords? And the Maces? That shit will DESTROY an unarmored person. C) You probably have Chivalric Code mixed up with Bushido, which requires you to declare your name and ancestry before challenging one samurai to battle, etc. etc. D) Your phrasing seems to imply that wars were decided by knights duking it out, which also makes no sense. E) Your phrasing ALSO seems to imply that knights were the only important military presence. If your knights lost, you would retreat, even if you had 10,000 English Longbowmen, (ie: utterly illogical). F) The claim that knights fought one-on-one is completely discounted by numerous battles between the English and the French. Especially the Battle of Agincourt, where the French Knights charged en masse at the lines of the English longbowmen. They were summarily destroyed, but the point is that knights did not sally forth one by one and yell "YOU THERE, THE ONE WITH THE LION ON HIS SHIELD, I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL OF FATES!!". You also cannot discount the combat and tactical similarities between the Templars and the Spartans JUST because they have different philosophies. In the end, killing is killing.

The Cup, I assume, is the one that the Templars were apparently looking for under Jerusalem, The Holy Grail. THERE IS NO EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT THIS CLAIM. Unless you consider Assassin's Creed and The Da Vinci Code to be reliable historical sources.

*I apologize for the lengthy post, but I'm kinda behind....
Image Image Image Image Image

"Try new BLAMMO!!! SOAP!!! BLASTS STAINS OUT!!! BLASTS the WORLD out!!! We've all been BLAMMOED!!!!!!!!!" - The Preacher, from Fallout 3
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:10 pm
Location: The End of Space and Time
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby BeeAre » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:51 pm

i didn't goddamn say they were cavalry kid. i said they were heavy support. all of your descriptions of their tactics support this claim. let's go to the next thread now.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5643
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Mississippi
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi Comic:

Postby SharpPointyDeath » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:51 pm

Whoops, sorry.

Talking to someone else. I meant the part about support. Sorry. Cya.
Image Image Image Image Image

"Try new BLAMMO!!! SOAP!!! BLASTS STAINS OUT!!! BLASTS the WORLD out!!! We've all been BLAMMOED!!!!!!!!!" - The Preacher, from Fallout 3
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:10 pm
Location: The End of Space and Time
Gender: None specified

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests