New Invader Zim: Manifest Doom Comic: "Gaz"

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby SnafuBot » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:08 am

Re: New Invader Zim: Manifest Doom Comic:

Postby Mythrrinthael » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:28 am

Wait...Is it possible?!

A ZIM INVADER UPDATE?

Looks like we have an improved drawing style too. Isn't this Bleed's style? Or am I going to be shot right now?
"When the hawk does not return, before the evening's red, it'll rain. Or, heh, the hawk is dead"

"So, guys have to...wait for a while? Like, there's a delay?"
^Female friend on the subject of differences between men and women in the restrooms. Because when you're very bored, just about anything can be discussed.

Location: Does it matter? People don't nearly turn around fast enough to make sure anyway...

Postby Fievel » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:12 am

You're going to get shot regardless, but yes, this is Bleed's style. Seems it has finally been revived. We can expect a flood of newbs to arrive soon.
Offended.

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:17 am

Well...not bad not bad! Considering what I was expecting...
Gaz looks completely different, but amazing. Not sure about her wielding a gun, though. I wonder how she got a hold of that Irken weapon. Did she get it from Zim's base or somewhere else?
But this page, if anything, is at least interesting. Not in Happy's style, and neither is it in Bleed's PPGD style. Very interesting to see.

Now we wait for the onslaught of over-excited newbs that will follow...
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby Fievel » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:22 am

Indeed. I don't recall her carrying that weapon before, and it's not like any pockets could be big enough to carry. I'm guessing she just found it there.

Oh. The newbs. We better load our rifles.
Offended.

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:34 am

Indeed. I don't recall her carrying that weapon before, and it's not like any pockets could be big enough to carry. I'm guessing she just found it there.

Not only that, but where the heck is her Gameslave? She was carrying it in the last page she was on...and now she's got a weapon instead? oh wait. I forgot Bleedman and continuity rarely go together.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby Fievel » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:38 am

True, but it was broken, so perhaps she abandoned it in favor of a weapon she could use against them. That's the only explanation I see so far.
Offended.

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:45 am

Possibly...it's very rare to see Gaz parted from her Gameslave though. You only have to look at the episode 'Gameslave 2' to see how much Gaz is devoted to it, and how much she fought to get it in the first place (assuming the one in the comic is the Gameslave 2).
...Unless it really was broken beyond all repair. In which case, I suppose that explains why she's so mad.
Time Lady

Postby Fievel » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:50 am

I know how devoted she is, but about two pages ago, it showed the Gameslave in quite bad shape, so...

I'm going to assume it was broken beyond any hope of repair. Or maybe her rage at it being busted is enough to cause her to abandon it.
Offended.

Postby Mythrrinthael » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:53 am

Fievel wrote:Indeed. I don't recall her carrying that weapon before, and it's not like any pockets could be big enough to carry. I'm guessing she just found it there.

Oh. The newbs. We better load our rifles.

*meekly raises a hand* Do I count as a newb? I'm actually more of a lurker, have been for nearly two years...But EverAfter was how I got here and why I stayed...

So...Does anyone have a spare machette for me to hack through the 13-year-old Zimvader newbs that are bound to flood the forum?
"When the hawk does not return, before the evening's red, it'll rain. Or, heh, the hawk is dead"

"So, guys have to...wait for a while? Like, there's a delay?"
^Female friend on the subject of differences between men and women in the restrooms. Because when you're very bored, just about anything can be discussed.

Location: Does it matter? People don't nearly turn around fast enough to make sure anyway...

Postby Hueqort » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:59 am

"Your voice is stupid." What? Did she say what I think she said?

Pardon me for appearing arrogant, but that seems far to sappy a line for someone like Gaz to use. Honestly I don't think an text was needed in that frame to begin with, seeing as the simple action of bitch slapping Zim with the Irken peace-fist is self explanatory in, and of itself.

*shrugs*
If you think to much on the bad you forget the good.

"Diplomacy is said to be another form of war. Albiet our battles are no less desperate for being bloodless, but at least we get wine and finger food' - Commissar Cain quote.

Yeah I know... I'm a 40k nerd.

Postby Sycros D4 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:00 am

NICE. :grin: I'm really eager to see how this turns out. I wonder if Bleed is making sure that he's staying on the same track as what Happy originally intended. I don't recall Gaz ever having a weapon like that in this story...

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:14 am

Hueqort wrote:"Your voice is stupid." What? Did she say what I think she said?

Pardon me for appearing arrogant, but that seems far to sappy a line for someone like Gaz to use. Honestly I don't think an text was needed in that frame to begin with, seeing as the simple action of bitch slapping Zim with the Irken peace-fist is self explanatory in, and of itself.

*shrugs*

"Your voice is stupid" is a well known Gaz quote from the original series. That's why it's included. I think it fits reasonably well - it adds a bit of the usual dry humour to Gaz's lines.
Time Lady

Postby 7_Ton_Rat » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:23 am

Don't you all think you might be being a bit over-analytical about a comic that was abandoned for, like,- what?- a year?

It's being picked up by a new writer/illustrator. We must expect random changes like this. Personally I'm just glad to see this rolling again.

EDIT: Excuse me, but if I might correct myself, it's been about a year and a half since Manifest Doom was last updated.
"At the end of the Game, both the King and the Pawn are put into the same box."

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:44 am

Don't you all think you might be being a bit over-analytical about a comic that was abandoned for, like,- what?- a year?

No. Go look at old PpGD and GT threads.

If you have a problem with us being "over-analytical", then I suggest that you don't come into the forums any more.
It's being picked up by a new writer/illustrator.

Yes and no. Happy is no longer doing it, this isn't new news.

Bleedman is now developing Manifest Doom.

We can clearly see that a "new" author has taken IZ:MD. The update gives it away.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Ashen Phoenix » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:07 pm

We can clearly see that a "new" author has taken IZ:MD. The update gives it away.

Please forgive my ignorance, but I wasn't aware Happy had abandoned - for lack of a better term - IZMD altogether.
If you don't mind my asking: When was this announced/made known? :'( I'm sad to know she won't return, but in the same breath I'm still happy to see the comic revived.
"Tell your parents not to ruin the world you will live in. Take action now." Visit: www.climatecrisis.net today and do your part to change our world.

Postby Ryley » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:22 pm

Fievel wrote:I know how devoted she is, but about two pages ago, it showed the Gameslave in quite bad shape, so...

I'm going to assume it was broken beyond any hope of repair. Or maybe her rage at it being busted is enough to cause her to abandon it.

Actually, that's a reasonable enough explanation for what we've seen so far.

Oh, and yes, it had "GS2" written on it, and was pretty badly broken, so yeah, I'm guessing it's the second one.

Postby Pickapok » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:37 pm

Didn't see this one coming. Hopefully Bleedman can keep up with SB, PPGD, IZ:MD and the possibility of GT: AB
I am why we can't have nice things.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:48 pm

Ashen Phoenix wrote:

Please forgive my ignorance, but I wasn't aware Happy had abandoned - for lack of a better term - IZMD altogether.
If you don't mind my asking: When was this announced/made known? :'( I'm sad to know she won't return, but in the same breath I'm still happy to see the comic revived.

She never announced it. Not on the site or her DA account. She just left, and quit without telling anyone why.

Pickapok wrote:Didn't see this one coming.

Ha. good joke.

Pickapok wrote:the possibility of GT: AB

Not a possibility.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Lemon » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:55 pm

Zim got updated?

Exactly how long was I sleeping?

Good work Bleed, why don't you take over every comic on SNAFU? It'll be fun!

Postby 7_Ton_Rat » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:29 pm

Blood Lord wrote:If you have a problem with us being "over-analytical", then I suggest that you don't come into the forums any more.

I don't really have a problem with it. It's not like I actually care about or support these artists in any way. I don't pay them or know them, right? I just had the feeling that we were all being a bit too critical considering the huge time gap between comics.
"At the end of the Game, both the King and the Pawn are put into the same box."

Postby Sable » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:18 pm

Lordy lord fucking Christ. It actually happened. :unsure:

For fucks sake guys. So she didn't have the gun in the last panel, quit nit-picking like a bunch of bitches. We see this kind of thing in cartoons all the time. Fuck man.
Last edited by Sable on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RacialslurX2

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:15 pm

Lordy lord fucking Christ. it actually happened. :unsure:

inorite?
Semper Vigilans

Postby ZhaneX » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:44 am

Wow...I guess the rumors about bleed picking this up were true...awesome!
Make the world revolve around you, it's more fun to think that way.
Walking the path of heaven, rule over everything.

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:02 pm

this picture expresses my feelings when the comic came out.

A Pimp Named Jeezy Creezy: Lasting all the way up to Valentine's.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

"Sleepery Dee, Sleepery Doo.
Whoever betrays me tonight, I'll mo'fuckin' cap you!"

Next

Return to Comic Updates and News!