New Sugar Bits Comic: "Big Bad"

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Sugar Bits Comic:

Postby raijin86 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:41 pm

Just might see his face? o.O o.O o.O
Blood Lord wrote:
Mythrrinthael wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:This just gives me a chance to go "HA".

When I want to go "HA" I just take a glance at the speculation threads.

Hence the "speculation" part.

raijin86 wrote:wonder, if all that is armor on Brave, will it come off by any chance?

I was debating the same thing in the other thread.

Because in the second panel, it looks like the dark energy of the wolf engulfing Brave, like it has Red. But, it also looks like his helmet is cracking.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:24 pm

Yes, we might see his face, IF those are cracks forming in his helmet.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Lemon » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:40 am

Or as I said, wolf is atacking his mind.

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:46 am

Depends on his helmet. Most nearly indestructible armor safe guards against mental attacks.

In order to get to the mind, you have to break or crack that armor in a significant amount.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby raijin86 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:47 pm

The armor could be blocking the wolf's ability to get into Brave's mind to bring out his deepest fear. Just a theory, yo.

Postby Sable » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:49 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Depends on his helmet. Most nearly indestructible armor safe guards against mental attacks.

In order to get to the mind, you have to break or crack that armor in a significant amount.

.....lolwut? If Bad's attacking him mentally I don't think Braves armor means anything...
RacialslurX2

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:35 pm

raijin86 wrote:The armor could be blocking the wolf's ability to get into Brave's mind to bring out his deepest fear. Just a theory, yo.

Aye. We don't know the strength of the armor, so we could assume that this is the extreme possibility.

But I'm going to side with the idea that the armor doesn't guard against mental attacks. Its up to Brave to fight the Wolf.

Which I think he has a greater chance to overcome than Red.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Sable » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:42 pm

I wouldn't even say it's a mental attack.

Brave was swallowed up by the darkness, within darkness lies all of our fears, because we fear what we cannot see, what we are unsure of.

The wolf's darkness will probably form into something that scares Brave, like maybe he had a wife or someone who was really important to him, who he failed to protect, and seeing this makes it impossible to fight. Some shit like that.
RacialslurX2

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:47 pm

who he failed to protect, and seeing this makes it impossible to fight. Some shit like that.

That's what also what I think about Brave's fear.
Last edited by Blood Lord on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Semper Vigilans

Postby SharpPointyDeath » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:56 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
raijin86 wrote:The armor could be blocking the wolf's ability to get into Brave's mind to bring out his deepest fear. Just a theory, yo.

Aye. We don't know the strength of the armor, so we could assume that this is the extreme possibility.

But I'm going to side with the idea that the armor doesn't guard against mental attacks. Its up to Brave to fight the Wolf.

Which I think he has a greater chance to overcome than Red.

I agree. Consider the nature of armor: typically a leathery or metallic covering for the body to prevent extensive wear and tear (impaling, gutting, etc.) to the fleshy tissues of the body. Brave's armor should be just that: armor. If it were to protect against mental assaults, it'd be something along the lines of MLJOLNIR Mk. XI. I find that unlikely. Furthermore, Brave wouldn't be a legendary warrior if he was unable to defend against a mental assault.

And watching Brave writhe in agony would make for several good frames of comic.

SableTheFabled wrote:I wouldn't even say it's a mental attack.

Brave was swallowed up by the darkness, within darkness lies all of our fears, because we fear what we cannot see, what we are unsure of.

The wolf's darkness will probably form into something that scares Brave, like maybe he had a wife or someone who was really important to him, who he failed to protect, and seeing this makes it impossible to fight. Some shit like that.

Problem I see with that is most attacks where: "Here's your greatest fear, hoe!!" attack the mind. Very few entities in any universe have the ability to conjure up actual, tangible "fears". It would do two things to the plot:

1. Make it nigh on impossible for the hero to win. Notice that in GT, Minnie got her mind messed with, but was otherwise still Minnie. A "dark attack" that you, Sable, suggest would create a tangible enemy out of shadow. Now, unless we want to pull KH into here (which I'm sure we'd all disagree with strongly), it'd be nigh on impossible for Brave to kill such an enemy, especially if it was his worst fear, which could possibly cause him to freeze.
2. Make it nigh on impossible for the plot to continue. Any battle with such an enemy would require a massive effort using all the abilities of the hero. Clearly, to further a plot, you must have character development, and if Bleed uses everything he can think of to defeat an enemy with Tangible Dark Fear Spectres, he's going to run out of ideas to further Brave's character in the plot. He could kill him off, but it seems to early for that in my opinion.

Thus, the attack must assault Brave's MIND. This is the best way to further the plot, make sure Brave's character doesn't get burnt out, and get some kickass scenes in. I'm excited to see what his worst fear is!!

On a separate note, I don't believe that there's any cracking of Brave's helmet. It seems to be just tendrils of darkness to me.
Image Image Image Image Image

"Try new BLAMMO!!! SOAP!!! BLASTS STAINS OUT!!! BLASTS the WORLD out!!! We've all been BLAMMOED!!!!!!!!!" - The Preacher, from Fallout 3

Postby Lemon » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:07 am

SharpPointyDeath wrote:On a separate note, I don't believe that there's any cracking of Brave's helmet. It seems to be just tendrils of darkness to me.

I agree on that one as well.

Postby Sable » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:16 am

Problem I see with that is most attacks where: "Here's your greatest fear, hoe!!" attack the mind. Very few entities in any universe have the ability to conjure up actual, tangible "fears". It would do two things to the plot:

1. Make it nigh on impossible for the hero to win. Notice that in GT, Minnie got her mind messed with, but was otherwise still Minnie. A "dark attack" that you, Sable, suggest would create a tangible enemy out of shadow. Now, unless we want to pull KH into here (which I'm sure we'd all disagree with strongly), it'd be nigh on impossible for Brave to kill such an enemy, especially if it was his worst fear, which could possibly cause him to freeze.
2. Make it nigh on impossible for the plot to continue. Any battle with such an enemy would require a massive effort using all the abilities of the hero. Clearly, to further a plot, you must have character development, and if Bleed uses everything he can think of to defeat an enemy with Tangible Dark Fear Spectres, he's going to run out of ideas to further Brave's character in the plot. He could kill him off, but it seems to early for that in my opinion.

Thus, the attack must assault Brave's MIND. This is the best way to further the plot, make sure Brave's character doesn't get burnt out, and get some kickass scenes in. I'm excited to see what his worst fear is!!

On a separate note, I don't believe that there's any cracking of Brave's helmet. It seems to be just tendrils of darkness to me.

....What the fuck are you talking about SPD.

You can't say what the comic runs by. You can't say anything with such certainty.

I find it amusing that you try to drag KH into this just because of the mere mention of "darkness". How many other franchises have used darkness as a way to manifest creatures? I also find it amusing that you say Brave would never be able to overcome such an enemy simply because it's his worse fear.

Here are 2 way's that he's be able to over come them:

1. As with all fears, Brave manages to face them, isn't that what being Brave means? Not to not have fears but rather be able to stare directly at them without hesitation?

2. He realizes that , if it really is a loved on that manifests, they are not real and is able to face Big Bad.

I also like how you claim to know Bleed would run out of ideas, as well as how you believe he would use all his ideas just to get past something so stupid as this.

And yeah, it doesn't look like Brave's helmet is cracked, it looks like the same shit covering Red's face...

In case you forgot, Brave was swallowed by the darkness that is Big Bad, meaning he is within him, Bad can probably conjure up anything he wants to use against Brave.
RacialslurX2

Postby SharpPointyDeath » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:53 am

SableTheFabled wrote:

....What the fuck are you talking about SPD.

You can't say what the comic runs by. You can't say anything with such certainty.

I find it amusing that you try to drag KH into this just because of the mere mention of "darkness". How many other franchises have used darkness as a way to manifest creatures? I also find it amusing that you say Brave would never be able to overcome such an enemy simply because it's his worse fear.

Here are 2 way's that he's be able to over come them:

1. As with all fears, Brave manages to face them, isn't that what being Brave means? Not to not have fears but rather be able to stare directly at them without hesitation?

2. He realizes that , if it really is a loved on that manifests, they are not real and is able to face Big Bad.

I also like how you claim to know Bleed would run out of ideas, as well as how you believe he would use all his ideas just to get past something so stupid as this.

And yeah, it doesn't look like Brave's helmet is cracked, it looks like the same shit covering Red's face...

In case you forgot, Brave was swallowed by the darkness that is Big Bad, meaning he is within him, Bad can probably conjure up anything he wants to use against Brave.

Hmm, I did forget that last bit. Alright, I guess I'll grant that Big Bad's attack could be something metaphysical or whatever the hell it's called. Also, I'm not trying to "dictate the course of this story". I'm merely predicting, albeit in a very direct, organized manner. Sorry if that's offended anyone, I'll try to be less direct.

"Try new BLAMMO!!! SOAP!!! BLASTS STAINS OUT!!! BLASTS the WORLD out!!! We've all been BLAMMOED!!!!!!!!!" - The Preacher, from Fallout 3

Postby Sable » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:15 pm

Your use of the word "must" and capitalization of "mind" really didn't help you much...
RacialslurX2

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:55 pm

SableTheFabled wrote:Your use of the word "must" and capitalization of "mind" really didn't help you much...

Where did this happen?
Semper Vigilans

Postby SharpPointyDeath » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:43 pm

SableTheFabled wrote:Your use of the word "must" and capitalization of "mind" really didn't help you much...

I believe that happened somewhere between the second paragraph and the conclusion. Regardless, I'm used to writing things in thesis form for English essays when it comes to arguments, so you'll have to forgive me when I let my nerdy side slip through. Meh.

Postby Sable » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:54 pm

SharpPointyDeath wrote:
RacialslurX2

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:24 pm

Ahh, I see it now.

Thanks. I have a tendency not to read long posts of stuff I don't care about.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Sable » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:59 pm

I know, I generally don't even get into speculation because some of the stuff people think about is just fuckin' stupid.
RacialslurX2

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:06 pm

Amen.

But its fun to destroy what they are thinking to be true. Just look at mah sig.
Semper Vigilans

Postby SharpPointyDeath » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:48 pm

Fufufu... I suppose you guys have a point. Then again, what would we talk about in a forum OTHER than speculate? Care to enlighten me?

Postby Sable » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:06 am

SharpPointyDeath wrote:Fufufu... I suppose you guys have a point. Then again, what would we talk about in a forum OTHER than speculate? Care to enlighten me?

S-P-A-M
RacialslurX2

Postby SharpPointyDeath » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:59 am

Wait, is that a response, or are you accusing me of spamming?

Postby Lemon » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:28 am

The more you guys post, the more I'm sure in my theory, that wolf is atacking Braves mind, and that he is going to win, in short.

Postby raijin86 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:47 am

I agree, yes?
Lemon wrote:The more you guys post, the more I'm sure in my theory, that wolf is atacking Braves mind, and that he is going to win, in short.

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!