Grim Tattoos

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Grim Tattoos

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:28 pm

Are you asking "Who's tattoos?" or "What comic do thy come from?"
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ChocolateHurricanex » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:29 pm

No, he means, who the hell would tattoo a character off a webcomic on them? Hell, you could of used the money to tattoo Spider-man bear-wrestling Jesus.

Postby darkfall815 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:42 pm

Thats not funny Hurricane.
To Post or not to Post that is the Question.

Postby ChocolateHurricanex » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:44 pm

Don't gimme Christian crap considering I'm Orthodox. Also, Spiderman bear-wrestling Jesus is awesome, ask anybody.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:18 pm

Also, Spiderman bear-wrestling Jesus is awesome, ask anybody.

This is one of the best ideas I've heard. Its awesome.

No seriously. Its quite a funny and epic idea.

No, he means, who the hell would tattoo a character off a webcomic on them?

This guy.

I would have gotten this on my bicep.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ChocolateHurricanex » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:35 pm

Long Live the NOD! Praise Brother Kain!

Postby iamsammmxd » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:57 pm

there awesome :D but please i beg u make moreeee!!! please continue the series :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( i miss it

Postby Rephaestus » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:19 am

Blood Lord wrote:I wouldn't color them. Very few Tattoos look good colored.

Besides, I think the colors would eventually wash each other out and look like crap.

I disagree.
If you have it done by a proper tatoo artist colored ink is awesome.
Theres an amazing tattoo shop here in Montreal called Adrenaline and trust me they know what the fuck they're doing when it comes to tattoo art.

That being said I like blackworks too.
This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.

Postby demonstealth » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:28 pm

ummm that being said my moms been a tattoo artist for 30 years colors have to be redone more often then a women gets a period

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:26 pm

Rephaestus wrote:

Besides, I think the colors would eventually wash each other out and look like crap.

I disagree.
Theres an amazing tattoo shop here in Montreal called Adrenaline and trust me they know what the fuck they're doing when it comes to tattoo art.

I do not doubt the skill of a tattoo artist. I doubt the colors that were used in the original drawing.

You would lose much of the shadowing and texture if you colored the thing. The colors are so dark that they would blend in with each other. You would have lost much of the detail as well.

Go look at the original artwork for these two, and then compare them with these.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Rephaestus » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:28 pm

demonstealth wrote:ummm that being said my moms been a tattoo artist for 30 years colors have to be redone more often then a women gets a period

Sweet.
This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.

Postby Rephaestus » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:32 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
Rephaestus wrote:

I disagree.

I do not doubt the skill of a tattoo artist. I doubt the colors that were used in the original drawing.

You would lose much of the shadowing and texture if you colored the thing. The colors are so dark that they would blend in with each other. You would have lost much of the detail as well.

Go look at the original artwork for these two, and then compare them with these.

True.
But then again artists will often suggest you change colors or size if they feel it'll look better. After all its their reputation as a tattooer thats on the line since most of them get clients from mouth to ear.

Also its the same reason why the guys and gal I know don't really enjoy doing flash work, you know the silly patterns hanging on the wall of the shop. (Alright some of them are not silly but geez they're generic)

Postby Nuckelz » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:29 pm

the date is 10-8-09. Its been a long time since this web-comic has been updated. I know it finished but I want more. the ending left me hanging, and I thought Dexter was going to be in this?

Postby Archrival » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:33 pm

Nuckelz wrote:the date is 10-8-09. Its been a long time since this web-comic has been updated. I know it finished but I want more. the ending left me hanging, and I thought Dexter was going to be in this?

You're on the wrong subject this about a guy getting a tattoo of Grim on his arm from a convention. LURK MOAR!!!! Oh and you suck for necroing.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!