Capes and Gnomes

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Nick » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:51 pm

I did it for the LOLZ.

But yeah it is a new superhero MMO made by the guys who did City of Heroes except that they branched off from NCSoft. Saying that they had no more limitations to what they can do in the games now. And so far the customizations and variety for Champions Online looks quite promising. You can even customize your powers and how it looks.

So check it out, I know I will when it comes out. I like daydreaming about being a super hero. In fact.....

Post up in the forums your very own superhero.

Name:
Powers:
Origin of Power:
Outfit:
Nemisis:
Personal Quote:

*Shrugs* Should be fun.
Other crazy whatchamacallits!! http://kiru100.deviantart.com/

"No I am not a serial killer, I am a homocidal entrepeneur!"

Re: Capes and Gnomes

Postby sleepingcobras » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:52 pm

Liked your comic

Damn garden gnomes... they get you every time

Anyways loved the comic

Postby Dave » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:10 pm

Name: Trojan man
Powers: ability to stop pregnancy and std's
Origin of Power: tragic latex accident
Outfit: thin transparent rubber over entire body.
Nemisis: Butt Holes
Personal Quote: Fuck IT.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby shadow0knight » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:28 pm

Gnomes will always beat you and scare the crap out of you at the same time in a staring contest.

Name: Shadow Knight
Powers: Badass Gray Fox skills and able to go on killer rampages with no one stopping him with a stolen car from Shadow the Hedgehog that has badass weapons.
Origin of Power: Unknown (It's a secret)
Outfit: 1) A cyborgnetic suit with a Gray Fox Mask
2) In a Black Knight costume with a Ninja Excalibur sword.
Nemesis: Fan Fags, Gamefags (Gamefaqs flame/troll/spam), hard-core flamers, spammers, trollers, and my biggest enemy: 4Kids (>=(
Personal Quote: Badass.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:44 pm

Name: Vaco Stormrage
Powers: Super Strenght, and faster agility. Expert in all tools of warfare.
Origin of Power: MJOLNIR MK VI (Master Cheif armor in Halo 2 and 3)
Outfit: MOJLNIR MK VI, with a ODST Helmet instead. Armor is adorned with White Honor Guard Plates
Nemisis: The UNSC, and Brutes.
Personal Quote: Damn.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby OrdonCrane » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:50 pm

He's not so much a superhero as one of the main characters of my series, Chronicles of Element.

Name: Ordon Crane
Powers: Shadow manipulation (can use shadows for attack or defense in too many ways to list), faster than normal healing ability (not instantaneous like Wolverine, but more like a broken bone in a week or so), and faster than normal reflexes (which is sometimes confused for speed, because dodging an attack early can look like that).
Origin of Power: Shadow and Light manipulation runs in his family.
Outfit: Gray tank top, dark jacket and pants, and a belt with containers, as well as boots.
Nemisis: The demonic spirit Garroth, which possessed his father, and now uses his form when incarnate. Intends to kill him and absorb his powers to strengthen his own.
Personal Quote: "The shadows within never vanish, just as a dark memory is not forgotten."

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:52 pm

Hey, I'm starting to like this. Now I can get ideas for people in my fan fic.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby OrdonCrane » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:55 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Hey, I'm starting to like this. Now I can get ideas for people in my fan fic.

>.>
Oh no! Don't take my Ordon! Nintendo stole his name once already!

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:59 pm

OrdonCrane wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:Hey, I'm starting to like this. Now I can get ideas for people in my fan fic.

>.>

Star Wars Fan Fic.

Don't worry, I only need names and I will ask to use them. I'm not a complete jackass.
Mercypostle

Postby shadow0knight » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:03 pm

Would look weird for my fan hero to be in your fan fic, but that's just me.

Postby OrdonCrane » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:05 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
OrdonCrane wrote:

>.>

Star Wars Fan Fic.

Don't worry, I only need names and I will ask to use them. I'm not a complete jackass.

Yay for that. lol, believe it or not, Chronicles was actually brought into existence through a combination of a Star Wars rp and a Pokemon fanfic. Though, no one who say it now would believe it. It has it's own (unofficial) clothing line, even. Whoo.

Postby PatimusPrime » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:52 am

Name: Patimus Prime!
Powers: I can shoot lasers out of every orifice on my body and any other body with 5 meters of me.
Origin of Power: Dropped on my head as a child near a nuclear laser factory. (YOU HEARD IT RIGHT! NUCLEAR-FRICKEN-LASERS!)
Outfit: See avatar, but more shiny stuff and you'd be vaporized immediately after identifying me.
Nemisis: Copyright Infringement Man... that jerk.
Personal Quote: Random fits of profanity directed at you and your immediate family.

Postby Mabushii Kage » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:39 am

Name: Mabushii Kage (Radiant Shadow)
Powers: Able to shape shadows and light into anything. Also is able to change self into light or shadow.
Origin of Powers: Natural
Origin: Created as a result of the Plane of Light and Plane of Shadow were thrown together in an attempt to unravel the fabric of the universe. The perpetrator is nowhere to be found.
Outfit: A "zoot suit" styled tux, complete with chain and hat, where each piece of clothing is half and half black and white, and the sides change with each layer. This is close to what I am talking about.
His left eye is blue, while his right eye is red. He always has a psychotic grin on his face, as if laghign at a practical joke that only he realizes. He has long, straight silver hair.
Personality: Utterly and completely insane. Enjoys nothing more than tempting Fate and delaying the Apocalypse.
Nemesises(Yes, he has two): deified version of Fate(self explanatory), and Apollyon, god of the Apocalypse.
Personal Quote: I will be the first to Doomsday, laughing my head off, with vodka in my left, and defiance in my right!
Last edited by Mabushii Kage on Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Carpe_Noctem » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:51 am

Name: Silvanus
Powers: Cryokinesis, super speed, heightened senses, mastery of the kodachi nitouryu (look it up yourself :P )
Origin of Power: Descendant of an ancient clan of cryokinesis users
Outfit: Long white hair, pale blue eyes, white trenchcoat decorated with runes (protects the wearer from various elements i.e. fire), black trousers, mithral chain shirt, enchanted vambraces that grant him extra strength, metal shin guards hidden under trousers, and shoes that are enchanted to grant him increased agility
Personality: Generally quiet and keeps to himself, but also very kind to the weak and those whom he counts as his friends. A brilliant tactician, he never enters battle without knowing at least one of three things: the ratio of enemies to allies, any civilians in immediate danger, and the quickest way to end the battle.
Nemisis: Firen, a pyrokinetic half-demon from an opposing clan. Favors a pair of blade gauntlets in close combat.
Personal Quote: If you seek true power, you need but gaze within your soul.
JesusChrist wrote:And Jesus saw himself in the cross thinking

"THIS is what I gave my life to save?"

Spirit. In every language in all the Realms, surface and Underdark, in every time and every place, the word has a ring of strength and determination. It is the hero's strength, the mother's resilience, and the poor man's armor. It cannot be broken, and it cannot be taken away. - Drizzt Do'Urden, Ranger of Mielikki

Postby MasterDorian » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:12 am

Name: Metal Man
Powers: The power to convert anyone into a metalhead, the power to blow your head off with a super fast guitar riff, instant moshpit starting powers and of course the power to make emo kids kill themselves even faster
Origin of Power: The pick of Destiny
Outfit: black 'n' grey army pants and a Metallica shirt, Gears of War shoes (gotta love them), a shitload of tattoos and a V shaped guitar with razorsharp edges to cut your head off
Nemisis: people with anti-metal conversion powers
Personal Quote: "In your face!" after smashing somebody's head in with a guitar

Postby Darknes » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:37 am

Name:Darknes
Powers:Unlimited
Origin of Power:The Shadow Dimension
Outfit:Wong Silver Haier,Black Dragon Scale Gauntlets , Dark Dragon Scale Boots, Black Dragon Scale Armor with Shadowly Cloack , Helm sf puer Darknes , Great Hamer on His Back and Two Silver wong Swords enchanted with runes of power , protection , darknes, earth and water, and Arcane Book of Magick
Nemisis:Silvanus
Personal Quote: I will proteck everyone
Last edited by Darknes on Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Archrival » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:41 am

Join the RP forum, if you can do one of these you can do one which you can act with.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Arxel » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:32 pm

Name: Victor Delacroix
Powers: Randomness. Not changing the reality or anything. Just acting purely random and by that connecting to the power of improbability flucxtuaction ( I have no idea what it is :D ) which guides him to do whatever he wants to at the minimal costs ( of course the minimal costs can be aging by 20 years or blowing up a whole city... but whatever ;D )
Origin of Power: One day he just saw the meaning of life. It's scary.
Outfit: Normal clothes/whatever is demanded by his power.
Nemisis: Mr. Logical. Creepy guy. Keeps on blocking my moves by using logical arguments and getting me deconcentrated.
Personal Quote: "Cookies!" or something more random ;D

Postby Caesar Potent » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:47 pm

Alright, let's see here...

Name: Inverse
Powers: The ability to modify matter and energy by reversing them (matter to anti-matter, gravity to anti-gravity [won't get into semantics here], sound to anti-sound, kinetic energy to potential energy, etc.). Time is beyond his ability--It has no physical manifestation in the world.
Origin of Power: A black hole was created in a laboratory and good ol' Inverse just HAPPENED to be sucked partially into it... so now he exists in two dimensions simultaneously and, somehow, has the mystical ability to control both!
Outfit: A heavy overcoat that one might wear during winter, denim jeans, combat boots, and a pair of black Isotoner gloves.
Nemesis: Void. A man with the ability to negate and erase all things material, thereby overriding one of the most important rules in the universe--Matter can neither be created nor destroyed. He, too, was present during the strange laboratory experiment gone wrong.
Personal Quote: "I will counteract all!"

Postby Shoi » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:01 pm

Name: Shoi

Powers: Puking rainbows with toxic power,using a pole vault pole as a weapon, being generally creepy by appearing out of nowhere.

Origin of Power:Some say it's because she was bitten by a radio-active Harajuku girl. Some say it was just from eating that old rainbow cake out near the abandon power plant.

Outfit:
Fishicle not included.

Nemisis: Her opposite half, Bland-chan and her cat Miffy, due dates on projects.

Personal Quote: "Well, at least I won't remember this in the morning."
My Art thread
SableTheFabled:
Do you know where i live? Fucking Barbados.
Whatis6times9:
It was about as easy as... Goddammit, it is to easy. And to me a whore is just a slut with a good sense of enterprise.

Postby Nick » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:10 am

Great Heroes Guys! I appreciate your participation!

Name: Crimson Fist ((Real Name: Drake Peterson)

Powers: Flight, Super Strength, Quick Reflexes, Martial Arts Master, Does Not Age, Nearly Invincible

Origin of Power: In WW2 him and his squad were stranded in the desert, being the last one left alive he walked the sands only to stumble upon and underground tomb and discovers a golden fountain. Supposedly the Fountain of youth, but merely appearing as normal water to him. Supposedly blood of the gods were spilled into the fountain in a great battle. Drake drank from the fountain and practically felt reborn, in fact even more than quenched his thrist. He was able to fly as if it was natural to him, out back to civilization without worries of thrist. With the blood of the gods in his veins he was able to survive the war. Once it was over, he devoted his life to training in Martial Arts of any kind and protect the innocent. Thus Crimson Fist was Born

Outfit: Caucasian, Black and red skin tight suit. ((Like in the comics)) Black cowl and eye mask. Red gloves and boots with a large red fist on his chest for his symbol. Cape, black with red stripes on the outside, full red on the inside.

Nemisis: Afhal' Nurgaz, a necromancer and entity of ancient evil power, determined to kill Crimson Fist and feast from his blood to gain ultimate power and rule over Earth like a god.

Personal Quote: Stand Down.....or Fall Down!
Other crazy whatchamacallits!! http://kiru100.deviantart.com/

"No I am not a serial killer, I am a homocidal entrepeneur!"

Postby StenDarker » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:07 pm

Name: Nick Rell? (no super-name)
Power: manipulation, and hyper-generation of any fungus. (which is totally BA if you know what ick is. ;) :? I think I misspellerd ick.)
Origin of Power (or OoP): He comes from another universe! On his Earth, there is a swamp-dwelling family with this power. However, this boy was unusually powerfull.
Nemesis: Emperor Kaizer?: A ruthless dictator who took complete control of his Earth and the surrounding galaxy. He has the power of limited time travel (can't change time, but it's extremely useful) After the emperor attacked his family when he was 3, the trauma drove his powers out of control. The continent was consumed with a deadly, parasitic fungus that killed all life (including other fungus) The emperor escaped and Nick survived.

the Emperor launched an assult against Nick's contenent throughout most of his life. Time and again the Emperor slipped away from cetain Death. Eventually, he ordered every nuclear weapon to be dropped on Nick's forest. It never penetraited the surface and the fallout destroyed the planet. (killing the forest last). Nick and the Emperor were the only survivors. The Kaizer captured the now teenage Nick, brainwashed/reprogramed him, and made him his servent while he figured out a way to restore his empire.

Eventually, he just blew a whole in the universe and moved to the world of Arcadia. After years of fighting, Nick managed to break the conditioning, and switched sides. The Emperor died, as far as he knows at this point, after moving to this super hero world.

Costume: a tattered Kaizer-empire military uniform, with La Revolution sowed to the back.

Personal Quote: "I can kill you with your own arm pits, you know."

This is really tweaked from what I plan to use on War For Arcadia.
"What's so difficult about reverse the polarity? It's a neutron flow! That stuff is kindergarden."

-The 12th Doctor.

Postby Kyurois » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:35 pm

Name: Mammary Man
Powers: Lactose-vision, flight
Origin of Power: Radioactive goat milk from his now sidekick, Ultra Steve, a fainting goat.
Outfit: Large red cape, with MM embroidered in large, friendly letters and a hibiscus print mu mu
Nemesis: Boob-Biased Baby, Super Shiny Bald Man, Mega-Kitten
Personal Quote: "There's no need to fear! Mammary Man is here!"

Postby dethgodd000 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:13 am

Name: Atomis
Powers: Super strength(increased in anger), great agility and speed
Origin of Power:Training
Weapons: two mystic swords he carries on his back
Outfit: Samurai armor
Interests:Training,fighting strong enemies,video games
Nemesis: Orgoth king of demons
Personal Quote: "Hell yeah, I could totally go for burgers!"
Buttercup 4~eva! :happy:

Postby DaBlazer » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:58 am

Name:Orbin
Power:Vampire
Origin of Power:Technological Regenerative Nano Experiment gone wrong
Nemesis:Vicktor (Also a victim of V-Nano Experimentation but exploits his powers)
Personal Quote:The new always try to replace the old, evolution is no different.

Next

Return to Comic Updates and News!