Friday the 13th and 9

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Dave » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:07 am

Well I watched Friday the 13th last night (it SUCKED by the way) and the only good thing about the whole movie was the preview for 9. Which apparently is based on this short animation.

It's totally Little Big Planet mixed with Awesome. It seems a bit odd that Tim Burten is directing the actual movie when clearly the guy who did this short can do just fine by himself. But I guess he's not a "name" so actual talent doesn't matter when faced with a for sure sale.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Re: Friday the 13th and 9

Postby BG07 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:53 am

Yahoo movies has Shane Acker listed as the director and Tim Burton as the producer. Even if he isn't a big time name or anything, after watching that short film it's obvious that he has talent, enough to make me want to see the movie.

Postby jish55 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:20 pm

The movie look's amazing... I can't wait to see it, and after watching this short, it confirms it...

Postby RebornSpy » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:27 pm

Yeah, I saw the preview before Friday the 13th as well. It was probably the best part of the movie. It looks really good. I watched the short when I got home, which is also great.

As for Friday the 13th, I'm not really sure how it was, as I rarely see horror movies. My friends dragged me to it, and I spent half the time with my eyes half closed. It didn't really seem good or bad to me, just messed up. I guess that's why I don't watch horror movies. Or play horror games for that matter. The Condemned games scare the shit out of me.

Postby Teran » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:28 pm

Your night couldn't be worse than mine. I payed to watch My Bloody Valentine 3-D, and after 20 minutes, they stopped the fucking movie. Some shit happened, and instead we watched Underworld: Rise of the Lycans.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Postby Sable » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:37 pm

That was REALLY cool.
RacialslurX2

Postby Torgue » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:55 pm

My link got used in an official news post! Woohoo! :happy:

Postby Teran » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:59 pm

Might watch Friday the 13th next Friday. The fucking film didn't got released exclusively where I live...
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Postby maniac_99 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:10 pm

that stinks about the friday the 13th movie but the animation is so cool! when is the movie coming out?

Postby lyca » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:43 pm

I'm just fine with the new 9 movie coming out because Acker is both Directing and Writing it. And as you say he's got some major talent. Ever since I saw the trailer I've done a bit of raving on how awesome it looks, I'm glad I know where it came from now.
Stuck in the see-through zone.

Postby Ignite » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:55 pm

Hi I'm back I just watch this movie and curious about something what exactly is these things I mean is this an event after some kind of nuclear war or something?
Ps. nice movie and like shader it's totally creepy.

Postby Thy_Robocop » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:12 am

Haven't seen Friday the 13th, and I don't really have enough money at the moment to go and see films when I want, nor the passion for that kind of movie.

But I did see the 9 trailer, and I am sure going to go and see that. Also, I can't keep the song they used for the trailer out of my mind...

Ignite wrote:Hi I'm back I just watch this movie and curious about something what exactly is these things I mean is this an event after some kind of nuclear war or something?
Ps. nice movie and like shader it's totally creepy.

Seems something like a post-apocalyptic scenario, although why that happend will be something we shall discover during the movie.
“How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?” Sherlock Holmes
"In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming." Lovecraft
"It's incredible how the human mind can devise such simple explanations to the things it doesn't understand, just to avoid looking at the terrible bigger picture that is the truth. Unfortunately, that won't help them when it comes knocking at the door." Alyssa Gillespine

Check out my (still ongoing) short stories here on Snafu or on my DeviantArt Account .

Postby skark » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:45 pm

Yeah, Shane is directing, Dave. Tim Burton's only the producer. It says so on their website.
Oswald: I didn't come here to shoot the president!
Booth: He didn't come here to get shot.

Postby Jojo_Bean » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:34 pm

maniac_99 wrote:that stinks about the friday the 13th movie but the animation is so cool! when is the movie coming out?

it comes out 9/9/09 :D no joke. I'm super excited for it!

Postby Darkiush » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:37 pm

I looked for the trailer and found it even on an italian site =)
http://dailymotion.virgilio.it/video/kV9PvqsGz2Wor7Tc5M
Welcome home by Coheed and cambria was a good choice for it..
even though I don't understand why they titled it "9 - Trailer (Tim Burton)"
c'mon, he's just the producer!
Can't wait to see it here in italy =)

thank you for making me know that thing, it seems amazing

Location: Far, far away...The Country Of Pizza and Spaghetti!

Return to Comic Updates and News!