New Grim Tales Comic: "Good girls go to heaven"

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby Altrus » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:03 pm

Well, I don't really know much about the Muslim religion, and I can't say I know very much about the Jewish either.....and I haven't figured out what LDS stand for.....
I was writing under the assumption that the Spawn series was written with heaven from a christianity style....also under the impression that redeemer is from the Spawn series...
So running with the (Redeemer/Christianity)+(my ignorance about other religions)= 7..........Pi/rx²
I concluded that it would be safest to write about getting rid of sin from a christian viewpoint.....and funner than not writing anything at all......and that this equation makes no sense.....
Because if Redeemer is a Christian angel then he divided by Christianity would cancel out meaning MyIgnorance= 7Pi/rx²..................

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:24 pm

I haven't figured out what LDS stand for.

Good You will know some day, perhapes.

The Spawn series, does have many Christian parts in it...I think. However it was writen more with the key elements from Christanity/Jewish belief, (God/Heaven, Satan/Hell, Armageddon/Resurection).

Grim Tales also uses some elements from Religion but keeps it netrual. It's definatly not a Christian or Religious comic. It just uses elements needed to portray a story with lessons in it.

Like Her (Mimi) gains her power from the Seven Deadly Sins. She can also manipulate them. It dose not really make a line to The Roman Catholic Church but instead uses a common religous principle and human traits to give power to this young (hot) demon.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby JinJoe » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:28 am

Isn't judgement suppose to be like this?

Lust? that would mean she likes Junior in a physical way.
Skeleton fetish?

This would spawn another question;
Why did she loved him that much in the first place?

Postby JinJoe » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:34 am

BreakDown27 wrote:I kind of figured Minnie would leave Heaven and return to her brother but didn't know exactly how it would happen. Nice to have this little sentimental intermission for Junior and Mandy...I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how Mandy reunites with Junior and gets her new stitched form.

Yeah Mandy

Postby Altrus » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:13 am

JinJoe wrote:Isn't judgement suppose to be like this?

Lust? that would mean she likes Junior in a physical way.
Skeleton fetish?

ehhhh.....thats the common perception of judgement, although I don't THINK that any of the christian sects believe it to be in that fashion....
That image of judgement comes from Egyptian mythology were a persons heart was weighed against a feather and if it was weighed down by to much sin it failed(( of course, it wasn't a normal feather, physics wouldn't allow people to pass then now would it))

My understanding of the christian judgement is, I relieze, a bit vague, so I'm not going to answer how it is, but I do believe the scales image is wrong....

And Lust is a craving and doesn't technically have to be physical, it can be general, mental, or physical lust....

Postby Beauty » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:37 pm

Basically, the deal is God is good and lets good people into paradice. I go to Catholic school and know there's a lot more to it, but this is my way of looking at it. The way I see it, if you'll bear with me, is Heaven is supposedly a perfectly happy place. That's because you're one with God. Things that keep you from becoming one with God are sins (for lack of better terms). The idea as I see it is that if something keeps you from God, who represents pure good, it would therefore have to be called a sin.

So then you look at Minnie. Her love for her brother is strong enough that, although she did agree to go before, she never really wanted to be in Heaven. She wanted to be with Junior. As it turns out, that love wasn't just the usual love a person has for another, where they cherish them greatly. She said it herself: "My soul belongs only to [Junior]." Therefore, her love for Junior keeps her from accepting the ultimate good God supposedly is. By the thought process I stated where things keeping you from God are sin, her love is made a sin.

Does that make sense, or should I shut up now?
A GIR quote: I loveded you, piggie! I loveded you!

A quote from a friend: I love the 19th century. At least when they were going to rape someone, they had class about it.

A quote from me: NO, I WILL NOT PRAISE SATAN FOR YOU, BEAR!

Click me!

Postby Ntoonz » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:24 pm

Altrus wrote:.....and I haven't figured out what LDS stand for.....

Latter Day Saints. We outsiders tend to call them Mormons.
Unauthorized Bleedman maquettes and ornaments! Get 'em at http://www.ntoonz.com
And join the adventure at http://rangers.comicgenesis.com
http://ntoonz.deviantart.com

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:42 pm

Ntoonz wrote:

God Damn it, you weren't suppose to tell. lol
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Ryley » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:55 pm

JinJoe wrote:Lust? that would mean she likes Junior in a physical way.
Skeleton fetish?

More like her love for him is so great that that no longer matters to her. Keep in mind Mandy agreed to marry a skeleton, too, and I'm quite sure her reasons had nothing to do with love.

That's probably a question that can't be answered, although there's been some theorizing about it. Personally, I would say it's a combination of Minnie's duty to protect her brother, coupled with the fact that he clearly isn't very happy with the responsibility he's going to be forced to accept. Minnie felt sorry for him, and over time her compassion turned into love.

When Junior began to blame her for his troubles and reject her feelings, Minnie may have started to develop an obsession with making up for her "mistakes". She became driven to prove to Junior that she wasn't trying to hurt him, and that turned into a more physical kind of desire. As Altrus said, Lust isn't just sexual desire, it's a need for something that you either can't have, or that you're afraid you'll lose. Junior was the one person in her life she couldn't seem to get through to, he hated her no matter what she did. So she developed a need for him to finally return her love, instead of attacking her.

Postby SharpPointyDeath » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:26 pm

His_Last_Chance wrote:
Altrus wrote:
nobody1111 wrote:heaven is so picky? even one sin and your out

Well it is one of the seven deadly sins......Lust....

I can only imagine how "pure" you would have to be to go to Heaven.

Well, not to be the picky theologian, but I DO remember that the Bible says that if you repent and accept God and Jesus as Your Savior and The Messiah (respectively), you can go to heaven, but ONLY if you believe in God and Jesus AND if you repent.

Seeing as Minnie would probably believe in a higher being (I really can't imagine otherwise, her parents ARE higher beings...), but that she didn't exactly repent her LUST (there could be SO many split off doujinshi from that one thought) she wouldn't be able to go in.

However, if Junior was to head up there (other than to kick Redeemer's Ass for taking minnie), he most likely would be let in, if only because he's repented for his sin of Envy and done his best to fight for and defend Minnie.

Feel free to disagree, but please use reasons that pertain to the thread, and not "God DOESN'T EXIST, RETARD!!".
Image Image Image Image Image

"Try new BLAMMO!!! SOAP!!! BLASTS STAINS OUT!!! BLASTS the WORLD out!!! We've all been BLAMMOED!!!!!!!!!" - The Preacher, from Fallout 3

Postby SharpPointyDeath » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:30 pm

Blood Knight wrote:
Altrus wrote:Well if you look at it from a Catholic viewpoint she won't get in because shes never confessed the sin to a priest or higher up in the church so she still bears it....

If from a non-catholic((protestant...might be the word for it)) shes never acccept christ so her sin isn't forgiven....

So to get in you'd confess, accept, or be uterly pure to get in....

Any of these ways depend on mMandy wanting to go to heaven tho.....

What about a Muslim, Jewish, or LDS stand point. The point is that this is not a religious concept or ever ment to be one. Now from the wise words of BR in the Bleedman section.

BeeAre wrote:So much philosophical inquiry around here, I figure I will contribute something that attempts to define some terminology, so we can get past the usual justifications and move back into the comic--though I am not sure I can moderate this thread as away from the discussion purely on the grounds that it is off topic, since the comic does contain religious themes.

Therefore, I will attempt to steer back to the comic with an

Interjection!

Observations:
philosophy is a belief
religion is a system of beliefs
no one ever has just one belief
people organize their beliefs by priority
priority establishes system

Inference from Observations:
religion is a system of philosophies

Theory from Observations and Inference:
everyone has a religion as a way to pursue their philosophy

Opinion:
people in this thread are critical it seems of the qualifying adjective "Organized", with regards to religion, as a gathering system of people all sharing similar beliefs tends to follow those beliefs to the detriment of those not following the beliefs.
I believe that this is possible with any belief that allows for the ability of exclusion.

Bleedman USES this idea of exclusion to his advantage in discussing the classical beliefs of good and evil to push the plot forward in his comic, identifying his themes (most likely) inadvertently.

BeeAre might just be an Other Worldly Being of Unimaginable Doujinshi Power. WOW. I am really impressed. I will now shut up.

Actually, no. I don't know if this could technically be classified as disturbing, but I've noticed that a lot of people on the forums seem to want to pin Minnie on the ground and.. well, yeah. Am I the ONLY person who finds this unusual?
Image Image Image Image Image

"Try new BLAMMO!!! SOAP!!! BLASTS STAINS OUT!!! BLASTS the WORLD out!!! We've all been BLAMMOED!!!!!!!!!" - The Preacher, from Fallout 3

Postby Altrus » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:47 pm

SharpPointyDeath wrote:
Actually, no. I don't know if this could technically be classified as disturbing, but I've noticed that a lot of people on the forums seem to want to pin Minnie on the ground and.. well, yeah. Am I the ONLY person who finds this unusual?

She's a very interesting character and if she goes to heaven her story ends......
The reason is one of my greatest......fears would be an over the top word for it but lets, for lack of a better term, go with that word....fears about heaven, It has no Plot points....people in heaven may be happy and blissful but they make for a very boring story....

Postby JinJoe » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:33 am

Conclusion: Bleedman doesn't care about the religious details as long as the story goes according to the plot.
That this whole webcomic is a flashback on how they ended up in their current state.

Postby Ntoonz » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:41 am

Blood Knight wrote:
Ntoonz wrote:

God Damn it, you weren't suppose to tell. lol

You mean that part's secret, too? Dang, you guys are worse than Masons! :unsure:
Unauthorized Bleedman maquettes and ornaments! Get 'em at http://www.ntoonz.com
And join the adventure at http://rangers.comicgenesis.com
http://ntoonz.deviantart.com

Postby Altrus » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:52 am

Ntoonz wrote:You mean that part's secret, too? Dang, you guys are worse than Masons! :unsure:

I googled LDS so I already knew a few days ago...

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:15 pm

Ntoonz wrote:You mean that part's secret, too? Dang, you guys are worse than Masons! :unsure:

...No seceret. I just wanted Altrus to find out by themself.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Altrus » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:03 am

Blood Knight wrote:

...No seceret. I just wanted Altrus to find out by themself.

oh, We found out! We did it by ourselves too!

....heh......

Postby JinJoe » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:09 am

Altrus wrote:oh, We found out! We did it by ourselves too!

....heh......

:P Say hi to your PC buddies over there for me.

Postby deathmaw » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:48 pm

#!^^(76%^*&(*(%^#$^())&^%$&&)((*+_)+()*(%^*%^&$%&$%&$%&$%&#%^%$&^%&%*^&(^(*)&()()*)(*()*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(**))&*%^&*(%&*(%*&(%^*(%^*(^*&(&*(&*&8

Postby Sock-It-To-Me » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:58 am

Finally, Minnie found a way out to go back to earth. The angel was a retard if you ask me.
~Sony -"Fool we got PSP,Hanna Montana, and Final Fantasy. What you got? new camera! Sucka pls what the fuck does yo DS have? What does that piece of shit do uh!
~Nintendo - "It prints money BIATCH! OH SNAPPP!!

Postby JinJoe » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:18 am

Sock-It-To-Me wrote:Finally, Minnie found a way out to go back to earth. The angel was a retard if you ask me.

Technically she didn't. She was just not qualified to go to Heaven.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:07 pm

deathmaw wrote:#!^^(76%^*&(*(%^#$^())&^%$&&)((*+_)+()*(%^*%^&$%&$%&$%&$%&#%^%$&^%&%*^&(^(*)&()()*)(*()*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(**))&*%^&*(%&*(%*&(%^*(%^*(^*&(&*(&*&8

Wasn't he banned?
Semper Vigilans

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!