A Very Brief History of Bunnywith...

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Alex » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:21 pm

Hello, Sanfu-land. Things have been hectic since the launch of Bunnywith here on Snafu, so I haven't really had a good chance to formally introduce you all to the project. Well, like a clumsy version of Gallagher, I am still juggling various watermelons of life so instead of the whole, long history of how an armless, dickful smiling bunny came into existence, I will give you the short short version.
I grew up. I drew a bunny, ripped off his arms, added a cute little penis, gave him a smile, and started drawing him "with" things. And now, he's HERE ON SNAFU! YESSSS!

Over the years, Bunnywith has taken on a bunch of different forms, from comics to toys (and if you never blinked during your play-through of SPiderman 2 for the Playstation, you may have even seen him pop up there!).

Bunnywith has been my favorite project since it's beginning in 2001 because Bunnywith allows me to the freedom to do and say whatever I want to regardless if it's funny or not. It's mine. Bunnywith, to me, represents everything that i LOVE about self-publishing. No one could tell me that they think he shouldnt have a dick. No one could tell me that he needs arms and needs to have a "story". Because I was in charge of everything. I was the publisher, I was the printer, I was the distributor. And I didn't care what anyone thought. The Bunnywith comic is my personal journal of my likes, dislikes, opinions and experiences throughout my life. Though it will be impossible to tell by just reading the comic, Bunnywith, in a way, is a chronology of my life that only i can translate fully.

I have been getting a lot of good response from the comic from fans, artists, and people that I would have never been able to reach without being introduced to the Snafu community,but i have also been getting some other messages questioning my motives and attacking my sense of humor (which is OK, and actually, invited), such as "Why would you bother desecrating something as harmless as The Family Circus?" My answer is simply, "Well, because I feel like it, and because The Family CIrcus sucks. And if Bil Keane and his uber-talented son Jeffy (the amazing creators of such a poignant comic strip) can pollute my eyes with boredom my whole child-life, then I should be able to pollute someone else's eyes with FUNNY at least once."

I understand Bunnywith is not for everyone, some of the comics are more harsh than others, and if it's not for you, that's perfectly fine. I will still love the shit out of your ass, and I hope you continue to support some of the other comics on SNAFU. Luckily for me, Sanfu Dave has given me a chance to introduce my favorite character to a whole new audience of people that I never would have had the chance to reach otherwise. So even if there is only one of you that enjoys it, and I get one new fan, that's one more than I had without Snafu, and that makes me smile.

If you don't like it, you can simply do as I did to The Family Circus once I was old enough to realize how shitty it was (i think i was 7 years old), and that is simply don't read it. But i guarantee that if you completely disregard it, you will be missing at least ONE comic that will make you smile. And smiling is so rare these days. Unless you're The Joker....oh wait, i guess he's not smiling anymore either....
Dang.

In addition to the forums, if you have any criticism, questions, or anything (all is welcome) you can contact me directly through my myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/alexpardee

in addition, if you are a fan of the Bunnywith comic so far, the second issue of collected Bunnywiths is AVAILABLE NOW AT MY PUBLISHING COMPANY, ZEROFRIENDS

Re: A Very Brief History of Bunnywith...

Postby JinJoe » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:38 am

The swollen headed Bunnywiths cute

Postby Rephaestus » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:35 am

Thank you for not putting up with the silliness that can be teh interwebs. Bunnywith is sometimes twisted (well mostly) sometimes random but it never fails to make me at least smile... I guess it makes me one sick fuck but hey I can deal with that.

Keep up the awesome work Alex.
This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished.

Re:

Postby His_Last_Chance » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:47 am

Alex wrote:(and if you never blinked during your play-through of SPiderman 2 for the Playstation, you may have even seen him pop up there!).

I don't see. :(

Postby Teran » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:53 pm

I like Bunnywith, even though it's humor is sort of sick.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Postby Miracle-Angel » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:18 pm

This comic is pretty much perfect to me. I've always been really in love with and inspired by any characters or story that simply aren't afraid to be themselves. Like, anything from South Park to Invader Zim... I love when creators put down exactly what is in their mind without worrying what other people will think. It's their creation and they are doing art for themselves, not others, just like they should be.

also, I want a Siamese Bunnywith plush.

Postby Sable » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:45 am

Johnny the Homicidal Maniac was fun to me and so is this. Keep it up Alex.
RacialslurX2

Postby Nox » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:00 am

I'll say it bluntly..
I'm not a fan of your comic, but I'm a huge admirer of your artistic spirit.

Keep up the good work <3

Return to Comic Updates and News!