Xbox Avatars vs Miis

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Dave » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:37 pm

So the new Xbox Live came out today along with it came it's Mii type Avatars. On a lot of levels it looked like I would really like it. They were substantially move advanced than Mii's and had more options like accessories etc.

But then actually making the avatar I absolutely hate them. They are missing some major major options that make the avatars truely customizable on the same levels as the Mii. For instance t-shirts. Why I couldn't pick any color t-shirt I wanted. Fucking retarded. mouths. They don't have anything even resembling a frown. Their angry face is a complete neutral line. The Eyes and Eyebrows were decent designs but with the Mii you can change their size, spacing, how high or low they are on the face. You can come up with some really original neat things with Mii's that you just can't with Xbox Avatars. The Xbox Avatars felt like doing an avatar for a bad online game with zero creativity or actual customization. and Hats. Fuck their hats. Completely stupid and not being able to pick a color is ridiculous.

So yeah I'm disappointed with the Avatars big time. I know they must be planning on selling avatar accessory packs and things which will make them a bunch of money but as of now. I'm not impressed. The actual ability to express originality and creativity is next to zero. It's not uncommon to find a Batman or Star Fox or Terminator, or whatever type of Mii that people can pull off. You can't pull that off with the Xbox Avatars unless they let you download the "batman" face later with an outfit. Miis win this round Microsoft, They win this round HARD.

It always surprises me that a company like Microsoft who is obviously trying to steel the good idea from Nintendo's Miis can't do it right. They had far longer to figure it out, AND they had Mii's to learn from yet they completely miss the point of what made Mii's so great in the first place. And I'm not saying Mii's are perfect. Far from. Nintendo needs to add a LOT. But at least people can be creative with them.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Re: Xbox Avatars vs Miis

Postby shadow_the_beast » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:17 pm

Hazzah, Nintendo wins this round. Wierd to cause I thought the avatars looked nice. Expected customization to be alot better. Oh well, go nintendo.

Postby kitsunemaru » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:48 pm

That's the plan, you know. Make them shitty for now, then charge lots of money to retards to add customization to them later. It seems as if everyone is one step behind Nintendo. Next thing you know 360 is going to come out with some lame-ass rip-off of Wii Fit...
Where the story turns strange.....
NOMZ

Postby EagleMan » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:27 am

I'm afraid to get back on my 360 then, because I didn't like the Wii at all. (Which I know is probably out of place to say on this forum, but eh)

Postby kitsunemaru » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:01 am

What?! Lynch him!! No, just kidding...

Meh. It's whatever. I shit talked the 360 for a year until my boyfriend bought one. Now I have Fable 2! :twisted:

This whole avatar thing just lets me shit talk it while still enjoying my favorite addic... err, game.
Where the story turns strange.....
NOMZ

Postby Kyan » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:30 pm

And Nintendo wins again...
You Just Gotta Believe!!!
yukkuri shiteite ne!

Postby Emerald Emblem » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:30 pm

Wasn't really expecting much from Microsoft's avatars anyway. Since Nintendo is best at innovation.
Lily: few people here are worthy of my rape

Return to Comic Updates and News!