I thought this video was hilarious. It's about this gaming convention near Washington DC and it's full of WIN.
And here is the official event nitty gritty:
- Location: Hilton Mark Center, Alexandria, Virginia.
- Dates: First weekend of January 2009, 1st-4th.
- Special party on New Years Eve since it's so close to New Year's.
- Attendance goal: 1500 (last year: 1100)
- This will be the seventh time we've done this.
Things that involve or help with money:
- Rooms are $99/night in the convention hotel. Parking's a whole dollar!
- Whole-weekend entry is $40 in advance on the website or $45 at the door.
- Group discounts are available.
- Facilities exist on our website for people to share rides and rooms.
Six years ago we hoped to give fans a chill place to party, play games, and
rock out to live renditions of video game music. Things grew from just over
250 attendees to over 1000, so we know we're doing something right. This
year's game room is larger than the entire meeting space we had for our
first year's event. Games of every generation are available. We've gone from
just three bands in one night to over a dozen spanning the entire event.
We now even dedicate a room to something called JamSpace with instruments
that anyone can come in, pick up and play, which is great for collaborations
and smaller acts. It's full of mini-concerts and this year even real video
game composers (George "The Fat Man" Sanger, Richard Jacques, Jake Kaufman)
will perform there when they're not doing their discussion panels.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.