McDonalds

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Dave » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:03 pm

K first off I hate McDonalds and their food sucks and I would never eat there.

Except for right now.

It's the Monoply Game month and I've been really really addicted to this game in the past and finally when nobody was around to see I broke down and decided to eat at McDonalds so I could play that stupid game. I got a chicken sandwich, large drink and fries just so I would get game pieces on everything I got. After I peeled the first two game pieces from the sandwich and got no free instant prizes I noticed there was a "guaranteed prize" to the side of the pieces. 25% off of footlocker.com purchases. Not bad. I need new shoes, I'm cool with that. Except I could never purchase shoes online without trying them on first and knowing they fit my awkwardly long thin feet (more skis than feet really). So basically worthless prize unless I want to go to a FootLocker store try shoes on and then go home and buy them online. That's just annoying and I can think of few worse punishments than trying on shoes.

But that's not the point of the story the point is I peeled another guaranteed prize off my fries and it was the same stupid discount at FootLocker.com and I didn't get an instant winning piece for like an ice cream cone or something like that. And I got duplicates of States Avenue already. Plus when I got the game board I didn't get to stick the pieces on. Instead they have little pockets off to he side to put the pieces in, completely unrelated to the actual Monopoly Board. So my attempts to peel off the backs of the pieces to make them stickers were completely futile. So ultimately this was the least fun McDonalds Monopoly experience I've ever had. I'm super bummed and I hate McDonalds more than ever. Fuck you McDonalds and Fuck your stupid FootLocker discounts.

...I'll see you in the morning to get hash browns and burritos to play again.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Re: McDonalds

Postby nobody » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:41 pm

Monoply? Mcdonalds? is this something that maybe only in the USA? cause I don't get it or what pieces or what are the food places related to monoply
Nowhere man please listen.

Postby Aliot » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:41 pm

wow, and i though the mcdonalds in my country were crappy man!, at least they offer decent gifts, here the only thing they give is toys poorly painted and made of a cross between plastic and paper.
once my sis was eating there and she found a chewed bubblegum in the burger, they give us another crappy burger but my sis didnt eat it and instead she stole half of my pizza...

so, u r right dave, FU McDonald's!
If life gives you the back, Grab his ass!

]I've Got a Jar of Dirt! I've Got a Jar of Dirt! I've Got a Jar of Dirt! And guess what's inside it!

Postby Dave » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:57 pm

I didn't realize this was an only US thing. Anyhow it's not the toy it's two tiny little pieces of paper on select items at McDonalds that have Monopoly property names on them. If you get all three properties of the same color you can turn it in for your prize... or sometimes they have instant win pieces. It's like the lotto ticket for McDonalds type thing.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby Xagan » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:04 pm

Problem with the Monopoly thing is that there's always one piece in each set that's hard to find. You'll pull up a hundred duplicates before you find that one piece that completes the set, if you can find it at all. It's my belief that the lucky bastards that pull those nigh-impossible pieces throw 'em away without even realizing what they have.
Xagan is a great king and a president, he commeth abroad like a bull, with griphens wings, but when he taketh humane shape, he maketh men wittie, he turneth all mettals into the coine of that dominion, and turneth water into wine, and wine into water, he also turneth bloud into wine, & wine into bloud, & a foole into a wise man, he is head of thirtie and three legions. Pseudomonarchia daemonum - Johann Wier (1583)

Postby Dave » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:05 pm

of course they do. It's a horrible horrible TEASE.
Administrator

Postby nobody » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:13 pm

I don't eat at mcdonalds, last time I ate there was 8 years ago with my grandparents, you see everyone in my close family (brothers sisters parents) hate Mcdonalds, and growing up with the, I hate mcdonalds too.
Nowhere man please listen.

Postby Xagan » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:18 pm

I don't think I can hate McD's anymore than I already do. I hide from my family there, but only because my father goes to Waffle House more often than usual. There's no other place I can think of that lets me sit around for hours on end with just a single burger and a third refill of whatever drink in my hand.
Xagan is a great king and a president, he commeth abroad like a bull, with griphens wings, but when he taketh humane shape, he maketh men wittie, he turneth all mettals into the coine of that dominion, and turneth water into wine, and wine into water, he also turneth bloud into wine, & wine into bloud, & a foole into a wise man, he is head of thirtie and three legions. Pseudomonarchia daemonum - Johann Wier (1583)

Postby CogitoIJ » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:58 pm

It's not just a US thing, they have it here too. I think the most I have won on that damn game is a free small drink.

Postby CrimsonShadows » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:14 pm

I'm fairly certain they've put crack into the salt and possibly even the grease, making the food sickeningly addictive. That's how why people can't stay away.

I do like the fries though, that's some good stuff right there.
I'm the root of all that's evil, yeah, but you can call me Cookie.

Postby Iris » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:23 am

Those type of gimmicks annoy me, fast food collectable set are hard to complete.
I rarely eat Mcers, as I'm more for a subway meal.

Postby Ntoonz » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:52 am

I prefer Rally's. Have you had their Philly Cheese Burger? It's a hamburger with meat on it.
Unauthorized Bleedman maquettes and ornaments! Get 'em at http://www.ntoonz.com
And join the adventure at http://rangers.comicgenesis.com
http://ntoonz.deviantart.com

Postby Sentios » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:58 am

Dave wrote:I didn't realize this was an only US thing. Anyhow it's not the toy it's two tiny little pieces of paper on select items at McDonalds that have Monopoly property names on them. If you get all three properties of the same color you can turn it in for your prize... or sometimes they have instant win pieces. It's like the lotto ticket for McDonalds type thing.

It's not... persay... it's us and like 10-20 different little shit places no one thinks about which are under us or something...

Anyways here's a link to the online board can look at the prizes and what not... http://monopoly.promotions.com/monopoly08/front.do

They used to actual prizes like TVs, ATVs, cars and that sort of thing but this year they've opted for the all cash route... they also downsized the 1 million dollar prize into $250k... presumably so there'd be more winners.

CrimsonShadows wrote:I'm fairly certain they've put crack into the salt and possibly even the grease, making the food sickeningly addictive. That's how why people can't stay away.

I do like the fries though, that's some good stuff right there.

I'm fairly certain that people just have all the willpower of a wet biscuit made of tissue paper.

But yes their thin soggy french fries do have a certain charm to them, I find wendy's to be plain even with copious amounts of salt.
Wizard Status. 5 more years
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Gundam » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:07 pm

I stop caring after finding out that the first 3-4 years of the games were rigged by a bunch of crooks that munipulated the game so they would win and spilt the winning amoungst themselves.

Besides they have a different set of playing pieces for each region of the US so you have to travel the county and Micky D's every day to stand a chance.
One weird Snafu

Postby Blixboy » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:01 pm

You think bogus monopoly prizes and crappy ass toys are bad, try having an almost 5 ton fatass take a breath into your almost fresh food. I was tempted to eat it anyway, but I couldn't control the urge to take the food back to the fatass dumbshit and complain. This jackass had the nerve to tell me, "its not my problem," yeah right. I swear to god I was so ready to blow this McCdonalds up into nothing but ruins, so I threw the food back at him and I got kicked out.

So yeah, I hate McCdonalds just as much as the next as the guy.

So i'm sure your all with me when I say

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUU McCdonalds
I'm losing my sanity, i'm hearing voices and they won't leave me alone.

Postby Kyan » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:35 pm

the only terrible I can really think of Mcdonalds is the mystery cashier guy he just sits in the back and takes cash from everybody sticks it in his pocket and then tells eevryone else what to do.... Plus I have to sit around and listen to dumbass kids pretty much yell so much I can hear em all the way at the end of the mall.

so in a nutshell Mcdonalds sucks

(And the employees suck too)
You Just Gotta Believe!!!
yukkuri shiteite ne!

Postby BG07 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:42 pm

They have the best fries I think... but other than that I really can't stand the place.

Though... the dollar menu comes in handy for people with small budgets...

Postby Cannonball519 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:13 pm

The McDonald's on campus eliminates the dollar menu after 11:00 PM. Which means, if you're say, walking home from the bar or a party, and you just HAVE TO FUCKING HAVE SOME MCDONALDS RIGHT NOW, you have to get a fucking meal.

Those crafty bastards.
The bird blinked at her as if to say, "Why am I in this stupid box? I want a worm. How could you not know your husband was gay?"

Postby Acktoo » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:56 pm

Burger King's better.

That being said, I'M SICK AND FUCKING TIRED OF BURGER KING.

Why couldn't there be like... a Del Taco next to my work?
Too good for you.

Postby Mr. Froggy » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:02 am

Jack in the Box FTW!

My brother has been going a lot to McDonalds for the same reason.
"An honest man is one who knows that he can't consume more than he has produced"
Ayn Rand -Atlas Shrugged-

Postby narutodesu » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:05 am

I remember quite a few years ago when I was living in California still they had the Mcdonalds Monopoly game going on and around when it first started I found Boardwalk. Then few weeks later I managed to find Park Place. Now the usual prize for having both Boardwalk and Park Place would be the million dollars right? It sucked so hard cuz I lost Boardwalk. I looked everywhere for it but couldn't find it.

Also

In-n-Out > All

Shame I live where there are no In-n-Outs =(

Jack in the Box comes in second in my book. Though there are no Jack in the Boxes over here either =/

Postby Ntoonz » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:41 am

In-n-Out is truly what a hamburger IS all about.

Going to In-n-Out is a yearly pilgrimage for me. You who have never been to California need to imagine how awesome In-n-Out's food is. And even then, you won't manage it - it's just that much more awesome than you can imagine.

We need to rename this thread. Who wants to talk about McD's when we could be discussing In-n-Out?
Unauthorized Bleedman maquettes and ornaments! Get 'em at http://www.ntoonz.com
And join the adventure at http://rangers.comicgenesis.com
http://ntoonz.deviantart.com

Postby BG07 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:25 am

Cannonball519 wrote:The McDonald's on campus eliminates the dollar menu after 11:00 PM. Which means, if you're say, walking home from the bar or a party, and you just HAVE TO FUCKING HAVE SOME MCDONALDS RIGHT NOW, you have to get a fucking meal.

Those crafty bastards.

Those fiends!
Well that's what Taco Bell is for anyways...

Postby Acktoo » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:21 am

narutodesu wrote:I remember quite a few years ago when I was living in California still they had the Mcdonalds Monopoly game going on and around when it first started I found Boardwalk. Then few weeks later I managed to find Park Place. Now the usual prize for having both Boardwalk and Park Place would be the million dollars right? It sucked so hard cuz I lost Boardwalk. I looked everywhere for it but couldn't find it.

Also

In-n-Out > All

Shame I live where there are no In-n-Outs =(

Jack in the Box comes in second in my book. Though there are no Jack in the Boxes over here either =/

Jack in the Box is good too, but I really need to try and eat better.

And I don't think the contest works that way, ND. I don't think there's only one or two of thos peices. That's why they have the codes on 'em.
Too good for you.

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:46 pm

Okay Im pissed at McDonalds now too. I was eating lunch there and I got one of those damn "Golden Arch" tabs. I already had one at home and was thrilled as hell. So I went home waving the piece wildly thinking I had won the $100,000 prize. As I held the two pieces together, I relized....there the same fucking "Golden Arch" tickets. I needed the same type, just diffrent place.

Screw McDonalds, I'm going to DQ, or Sub Way.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Next

Return to Comic Updates and News!