Snafu Main Page

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Dave » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:48 am

The backend programing is really starting to come together. All thanks to James (the php programer) and Ryan (the Server GOD) and Ty Ty (he just rocks) and Santa... Cuz I like Santa.

Anyhoo yeah we now have the SnafuBot posts working. To update on this main page with a thumbnail of every new comic.

I'm also planning on adding a new comic series this Monday... And probably remove Fluffy Doom temporarily *waves hands around it NEVER EXISTED*... for now.

Anyhoo I'm moving to Fresno this Friday. And by me moving I mean my stuff is moving to Fresno I won't be there until after Anime Banzai on like the 28th. So yeah this is my official announcement I'll be going to Anime Banzai. Although I'll only have half a table wasn't so sure I could go until like well just barely. Truthfully I'm not 100% I'm confirmed yet I don't think I've sent the contract in yet... so I may just walk around and say hi to Howard Taylor or fellow anime nerds. Fingers crossed I still have a table. But if not oh well it's still a good final good bye to Utah.

With that said I need friends in Fresno. I'll be lonely.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Re: Snafu Main Page

Postby RKC » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:03 am

Congratulations on the new site upgrade Dave.

And good luck on whatever your doing there.
http://jedikieth.mybrute.com/-Fight me, be my Pupil!!.
http://saberzrkc.deviantart.com/-Art coming soon. I think?
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/RKC- My Manga list.

Postby Ignite » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:37 am

Thank you mister I'll keep following your website every single step (maybe half).

Postby CogitoIJ » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:08 am

I did not have permission to see information in this forum before logging in. At first I didn't even notice that it wasn't the snafu forum and though what the hell.

Postby Teran » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:13 am

Hmmm, sounds like a nice update. This will save us some time.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

The one and only

Postby Cannonball519 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:52 am

Whoa, new section.

Upgrade extravaganza! All those "Coming Soon" banners are sparking my curiousity.
The bird blinked at her as if to say, "Why am I in this stupid box? I want a worm. How could you not know your husband was gay?"

Postby rcawley8 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:11 pm

Fresno? Like Fresno, CA? Been reading your comic for a year, have been enjoying it, if you have any questions about Fresno feel free to ask. You should have email now that I have registered. I have lived here for about 13 years.

Postby Dave » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:59 pm

13 years that's rad. Yeah honestly I won't even know where to go for ANYTHING when we I go out there. I've been in Fresno for exactly 2 days finding a house to rent and that's it. Quite scary.

But yeah I guess the first question is where do I NOT go? Like are there bad areas I should know about before I put-put on my moped through them?
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby Q.U. » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:23 pm

Nobody seems to be referring to this, so I suppose this happens only in my case...

Any suggestions on how to read it? Because I don't feel like marking the whole text in order to see what the announcement says.
Actually I can settle with simply going to the forum/news to read everything, but it's not exactly the same thing, now is it?
Last edited by Q.U. on Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Marquis de Soth » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:41 pm

Right click-> Select all?
Marquis de Soth

Postby Q.U. » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:21 pm

I figured that already. You think how was I reading it? But it's not a solution.

You fail at troubleshooting, Soth.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Dave » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:48 pm

That's just weird. I wonder why it's all black.
Administrator

Postby Marquis de Soth » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:54 pm

Q.U. wrote:I figured that already. You think how was I reading it? But it's not a solution.

You fail at troubleshooting, Soth.

BUAHAHAHA.

I'm surprised you took that statement as seriousness. Oh wait, no I'm not.
Marquis de Soth

Postby Vegedus » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:06 pm

In that case that was probably the least funny joke ever.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby CogitoIJ » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:11 pm

Q.U. wrote:Nobody seems to be referring to this, so I suppose this happens only in my case...

-image-

Any suggestions on how to read it? Because I don't feel like marking the whole text in order to see what the announcement says.
Actually I can settle with simply going to the forum/news to read everything, but it's not exactly the same thing, now is it?

That's what it looked like for me before the bugs were fixed. Try deleting your cookies.

Postby Q.U. » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:13 pm

BUAHAHAHA.

I'm surprised you took that statement as seriousness. Oh wait, no I'm not.

And I'm surprised you assumed I took your statement as serious. Did we just both underestimate each other? (By the way, if you see fail pictures in my posts it becomes obvious that the post is there just for my amusement.)

That's just weird. I wonder why it's all black.

My Mozilla 3 knows that I like black... At first I thought it has something to do with the addons. Suspected NoScript, but it doesn't block anything on this site.

That's what it looked like for me before the bugs were fixed. Try deleting your cookies.

Been there, done that.

Edit:
Problem solved.
Last edited by Q.U. on Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby thatskarobot » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:17 pm

I live a while north of Fresno, up 99 and such. Little city called Brentwood, can't help too much with Fresno, but the Bay Area I'm a little more knowledgeable with, if you ever need it.

Postby rcawley8 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:33 pm

Downtown; Honestly fairly harmless but creepy, Fresno has a SERIOUSLY neglicted downtown.
Tower; the more "Artsy" part of Fresno, but South of Olive, (just north of downtown) gets alittle scary.
Clovis; uh, wow I just realized this is going to take forever... (oldtown clovis, west clovis, east cloves)

North is where most of the money in Fresno has gone, the Riverpark area seeing massive amounts of development. Fresno is a crazyquilt of different neighborhoods. Some are very safe, most of the westside (south) and eastside (also south, natch) is bad but recently there was a massive surge in police; alot of gang members were arrested. So things are mostly safe. I have never seen a gun fight, but I have seen brawls. It should be noted I work at Fresno City College (a community college est. in 1920 making one of the oldest community colleges on the west coast).

Whew, I hope that was a little helpful? Honestly I was expected you to ask about resturants and Comic book stores.

Postby rcawley8 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:34 pm

Most people I know who move to Fresno find it scary so you are not alone.

Postby Dave » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:46 pm

Truthfully the "restaurants and comicbook stores" questions will be when I'm actually out there and get hungry and bored.

But till then I just don't want to get shot. I'm not afraid of Fresno by any means or I wouldn't move there. I think it's totally safe. But with that said every city on earth has a side or section that you just don't go to if it can be helped. And aparently "south" is that section. Good to know.

And bay area I'll probably go visit a bit especially when I'm first in CA. But I doubt I'll be there too much. I just need to figure Fresno out first. This will be an awesome adventure officially.
Administrator

Postby rcawley8 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:29 pm

Good attitude!

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:52 pm

So... stupid question, when the comics get updated, do we come here to talk about it, or do we still have the freedom of being the united divide forums of snafu, and talk about the comics in the creators section?

@ Dave: I have a friend from Frezno, he liked it very much, and was comfortable there. I think you might like it more than Utah, once you get use to it. About the updates, there really awesome, and I hope you will try to perfect it, instead of rush it.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Marquis de Soth » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:32 pm

Vegedus wrote:In that case that was probably the least funny joke ever.

It wasn't a joke. It was just the necessary obvious answer.
Marquis de Soth

Postby senshomaru » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:37 am

Dave I'm so happy this was completed, When I last saw you at AE you said it was two weeks and we both knew it would be at least a month but hey cause its done means that it was accomplished!.

Still looking forward to more comics and such, till then keep working hard, I'm backing you the whole way

Postby TheMaxyDawg » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:32 pm

Not sure if it has anything to do with the new code, but all of the Sticky Floors comics from '03 and back are gone; check the archive; there isn't anything between the '03 and '06 comic, but I have a feeling that it was a hiatus from before I even found Snafu.

*98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, where bluebirds get high

Next

Return to Comic Updates and News!