Character battles!!

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Character battles!!

Postby Bass 1337 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:11 pm

First off id like to begin by saing i mistakenly started a similer forum under the other section (PPG) and i hope this forum will be a good one.
Who would Win
Gallantmon Vs Link ,or
Megaman X VS link.

Gallantmons just much beter no contest.
X verses Link interesting but i think in the end ...X all the way.. I mean the master sword deflects magic no technology.

Please post your ideas.
^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Postby Dave » Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:32 pm

Who's Gallantmon? And I'd say Mega Man would OWN link hardcore.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby Kiwi » Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:49 pm

Since I have no clue who this gallantmon is, I'll say Link...
one by one the penguins steal my sanity.
Turbo Kiwi

Flux wrote:Anyone with a budgie as their avatar automaticallly wins.

Postby Cosmo_Dragonsbane » Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:40 pm

Hmmm link or mega...link with his crazy magic ways... mega....uber hardcore technology....can steal links powers....teleportation...need i say more... GO MEGA...but zero is so much better than x.
Cold was my soul
Untold was the pain
I faced when you left me
A rose in the rain
So I swore to the razor
That never enchainced
Would you push your dark nails of faith
Through my vains again

Cradle of Filth ----Nyphetamine

Re: Character battles!!

Postby Flux » Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:54 pm

GALLANTMON HAS THE SILLIER NAME, THEREFORE HE WINS!

Goooooooo Gallantmon!

Postby Shockro » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:26 pm

I have a feeling Gallantmon is a digimon.... just a feeling. I wish Link would win, but I'm not an idiot and Link wouldn't win. Maybe if I was controlling link and megaman was 2D, then I would win (aslong as megaman was controlled by the CPU)

Postby zepherin » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:10 pm

Here's one who would win in a fight

Bill and Ted
vs
Wayne and Garth
Zeph do you ever tire of being perfect? ~Dave
Zeph is still awesome though. ~Rival
I love you so much right now Zeph. ~Yoshi
I love you Zeph. You and your simple yet humorous topic-breakers. ~Coos
Zeph has left me inspired. ~Mathias
Zeph is so awesome even soulless bits of binary worship him. ~Wizard
Curse YOU ZEPH! CURSE YOU! ~JesusChrist
WE ARE SORRY THAT WE ARE NOT AS PERFECT AS YOU, ZEPH! ~Stufflikehearts
Zepherin for forum queen and writer of the best seller "how to screw your brethen up for dummies". ~ The Mirak

Postby 3darkhunter » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:40 pm

I have a feeling Gallantmon is a digimon

ya i think gallantmon is a digimon i man comon "mon"?
but i vote for link... not much a fan for megaman -.- i dont like him a lot for some reason *shrugg*
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bl48UzWcKrI

Its weird how some songs can be inspiring when its kinda suppose to be depressing x-x

Postby justinbailey » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:42 pm

The problem with video game characters is that they are usually only as good as the person holding the controller. Therefore if I'm playing as Link then the Megaton hammer comes out and Megaman is traded in for five cents in Maine, Massachusetts, Vermont, New York, Connecticut, or Iowa.

If I'm controlling Mega Man Link will still win cause I suck at Mega Man games. Either way if I've got a controller Mega Man is fucked.
ImageImage
freeyourmind775 wrote:You don't understand. and i don't have time to explain right now.

Postby 3darkhunter » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:44 pm

The problem with video game characters is that they are usually only as good as the person holding the controller.

aint that the truth but since i playe zelda more then megaman times a google id have to say link O.o
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bl48UzWcKrI

Its weird how some songs can be inspiring when its kinda suppose to be depressing x-x

Postby Cosmo_Dragonsbane » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:13 pm

for megaman tho...its the hidden hydoken..so therefore street firghter comes into play, and every one knows how to throw a fireball on any video game, so megan again.
Cold was my soul
Untold was the pain
I faced when you left me
A rose in the rain
So I swore to the razor
That never enchainced
Would you push your dark nails of faith
Through my vains again

Cradle of Filth ----Nyphetamine

Postby Decoy » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:58 pm

Link would own old-school Megaman, but the new animefied Megaman, while not as cool as the older version, would have the advantage against Link in my opinion.
A skilled decoy can lead your enemies off your trail. A master decoy can survive to do it again.

Postby Kazuo Kiriyama » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:11 am

What the hell is this? Gamefaqs?

n clod wuld OWN LINK USING OMnislash!!1

Postby DragonShadow » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:19 am

Logically, Megaman would have to win in a fight with Link. The robot can stand being crushed under mountains, pounded by superpowerful robots, and take extremely powerful energy blasts. The Master Sword is really no sharper than any other sword, and probably couldn't cut through steel. Ditto for the majority of Link's other weapons, the only variables are the bombs, and seeing as how Megaman already defeated a robot with those as weapons (Bombman) Link would be toasted. [/End superduper nerd mode]

Link would own old-school Megaman, but the new animefied Megaman, while not as cool as the older version, would have the advantage against Link in my opinion.

Seeing as how the new "animefied Megaman" is a computer program, I think Link would have a fairly easy time of it. Just step on his PET.
DragonShadow's Fanfiction Worlds
Current Selection: Echoes of the Past (My Life as a Teenage Robot/The Powerpuff Girls)

Postby LightStarr » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:01 am

zepherin wrote:Here's one who would win in a fight

Bill and Ted
vs
Wayne and Garth

Wayne and Garth would own Bill/Ted.
Just Grab Her By The Thong And Say, Listen Here.
Dave wrote:get her pregnant.

Postby Chimpo McCrazypants » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:45 am

He's fucking Megaman. Of course he'll win.
Well usually when their that young it's not so much the beach as the red sea. The crying gets me off. God I'm going to hell. -Dave

Postby Cupramen » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:07 am

Exquese me, but Megaman would get his ass blasted by Link.

If link can slash away energy from Ganondorf, I don't see why he could fire back megaman's lil' gay blue balls.
60 Tauren Shaman
Whisperwind
Vindicated

Suck it.

Postby Chimpo McCrazypants » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:12 am

Well usually when their that young it's not so much the beach as the red sea. The crying gets me off. God I'm going to hell. -Dave

Postby Dorian » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:36 am

I don't really like these types of threads, they rarely have realistic combinations for battle. (Realistic in the sense of 2 characters of equal power facing each other. It's like facing Mario off against Master Chief. If you wanted a closer match, you'd probably say Samus vs. Master Chief.)

Gallatmon:

He's indeed a Digimon, from the 3rd season of the show. He is "ultimate" level. I speak like I know what i'm talking about because well, to make an admission, they were showing this season on ABC familiy recently and I watched it, seeing as i'm still awake at 7am and quite bored.

To make another admission, I rather liked it. It was cheesy, and it was Digimon, but I was entertained by the storyline. It was a good deal darker than the other seasons, at least season one, which is the only other one I can say i've seen most of.

However this is babbling, if you want to be tecnical about it, Gallantmon would destroy Link if we're simply talking about pure power compairison. Link is much cooler though and if they were of comparable size, and it was a swordfight, Link would definately win.
Never asked for this

Postby justinbailey » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:54 am

Also let's not forget that Megaman simply has to touch a spike and he explodes. That could come into play.
ImageImage
freeyourmind775 wrote:You don't understand. and i don't have time to explain right now.

Postby Mandy » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:28 am

Try this battle

Pikachu vs. Milk
Ganondorf vs. Master Chief

Postby Troggles » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:46 am

It wouldn't be a true Character Battle unless I came in here and say Samus would win.
booyakasha

Postby DeeMer » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:12 pm

It always comes down to Samus and Samus always wins. It's the law.
Troggles can't be the only one who sees this, can he?
So I'd like to ask any gamer that cares about this to educate their children about 2D games, and maybe together we can build a bright future for this type of gameplay.
-- Koji Igarashi

Postby Wildcard » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:18 pm

Samus would win anything just cause if she COULDN'T destroy whatever opponent she faced...she'd somehow make it to the core of the planet, and set off a self destruct mode involving a 5:00 run to the surface. Whoever else was there would just freaking splode with the planet.

As for megaman x link. We have to remember the only TRUE storylines for ANY character are those in the game...its a standard (much like how in Star Wars arguments the only TRUE Star Wars material is in the movies...anyone can write whatever they want in a book/anime). Soo....Megaman loses alot of ground since game megaman is not really the hottest thing ever. As jedi pointed out...he dies when he touches spikes. Also in Megaman 8 he nearly got owned by a big robot that could grab and electrify things. Whooo. real impressive.

But this argument relies on one thing: Point in game. If we're talking link in the beginning of his games, and megaman in the beginning of his games I'd have to go with Megman. Link has 3 hearts and a crappy sword, and megaman has a pretty big lifebar. HOWEVER, it we're talking end of the game full upgrade mode...I'd have to go with link. Chances are Link has a mirror shield (which no doubt coult reflect any non physical attack Megaman has), a master sword (which wouldnt help much...its the sword that can banish all evil. It has little effect on the good), and a wide array of hookshots, bombs, etc...but most importantly he's got 2 rows of hearts and 4 bottles of healing items. Even with Megaman's usual extra energy tanks, I think it would be a battle of stamina and link would be able to do it...especially if he had one of his magical invincibility armors.
[22:38] <DJ_Cyni-Cole> you're tell me, a writer, that books are lame?
Jesus fuels with 89 Octane and so do I. Eat it, heritics. -Halo

Postby yalborap2 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:32 pm

Dorian wrote:I don't really like these types of threads, they rarely have realistic combinations for battle. (Realistic in the sense of 2 characters of equal power facing each other. It's like facing Mario off against Master Chief. If you wanted a closer match, you'd probably say Samus vs. Master Chief.)

Gallatmon:

He's indeed a Digimon, from the 3rd season of the show. He is "ultimate" level. I speak like I know what i'm talking about because well, to make an admission, they were showing this season on ABC familiy recently and I watched it, seeing as i'm still awake at 7am and quite bored.

To make another admission, I rather liked it. It was cheesy, and it was Digimon, but I was entertained by the storyline. It was a good deal darker than the other seasons, at least season one, which is the only other one I can say i've seen most of.

However this is babbling, if you want to be tecnical about it, Gallantmon would destroy Link if we're simply talking about pure power compairison. Link is much cooler though and if they were of comparable size, and it was a swordfight, Link would definately win.

If you haven't seen much of the third season, the storyline forming gallantmon's entry is interesting.

Essentially,a rather weak and foolish girl gets thrown into the digital world mess, with her own digimon. Said digimon dies at the hands of big villain, sending her into a depression, and our main character takato into a bit of a rage. Then, in their next encounter with this villain, takato forces his digimon, gielmon, to digivolve. Due to the raw anger and hate practically spilling out of him, he digivolved into this badass dragon thing that was rather evil. Watching the ensueing battle, the rage within him slowly died down, leaving only one who wanted his old friend back. I forget exactly how this was done, but he managed to de-digivolve gielmon back to normal, and then, again I forget how, made it possible for them to fight alongside eachother. This caused them to fuse into one digimon, known as GALANTMON. They can leave this state just like any other digivolved state, and can easily re-enter this state through the proper methods. Later on, gallantmon gained a....I forget if it was a horse or kind of like a hoverboard, but it was a shippish thing he could ride to get into the air. He lost this same item, but it was rather badass while it lasted.

Later storylines involved references to said girl committing suicide, and a large, massive creation that was designed to delete dead or obsolete(as in dumber than an NES era AI obsolete.) digimon entering the real world, and attempting to absorb everything. That was the best season, easily.

Location: Within the hellish flames known as southern california

Next

Return to Snafu General Discussion