New Grim Tales Comic: "Stoned Death"

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Stoned Death

Postby Havoc » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:16 am

ragingred18 wrote:I'm kina new on this but, something kind of occurred to me. What if Aku isn't with HIM, what if he's using the Grim family to weaken Him so he can do the rest or take over Him's area? He did say he'd be lying if he said he didn't miss jack Maybe He's enraged he didn't kill jack and Him did.He could also be using chi as a weapon, if she were to gain more of blossom's memories(ex: how she and her sisters beat Him) he could be more in an advantage

I'll build on this a bit with you. I don't think Aku is Planning on betraying Him; if anything, I see the reverse being somewhat more likely. I think it was said that Aku was the one that killed Jack, or at least that's how I remember it. I have to say that last part it was interests me the most. If Chi does regain Blossom's old memories, then she might know Him's weaknesses. That is if there are any.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Shradow » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:09 am

I decided to go back to the first page where the sword was first mentioned, and this part intrigued me:

HIM: Yes, the sword which in her hands...
Aku: Is completely useless.
HIM: For now.

This makes me think that only someone who's righteous and not evil (AKA not Mandy) can wield the sword properly. Obviously people have thought the same thing, which is why the idea of Jr. getting the sword has come up. However, I wonder if what Grim might do to the sword could possibly taint it in a way or something, that would allow Mandy to wield it.

Now that I'm making this post, silly of an idea as it is, I'm sort of reminded how in Inuyasha, Sesshomaru attached a human arm to his stump so he could use Tessaiga, at least temporarily.

Postby Drago2552 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:41 am

It said Chi's mother who is that referring to. Are we talking about Aku or guess Blossom is not Chi's mother as well( or chi could have a part of blossoms soul).

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:17 am

Shradow wrote:I decided to go back to the first page where the sword was first mentioned, and this part intrigued me:

HIM: Yes, the sword which in her hands...
Aku: Is completely useless.
HIM: For now.

This makes me think that only someone who's righteous and not evil (AKA not Mandy) can wield the sword properly.

Oh kewl, I never noted this before.
Kinda helps my theory that the sword judges the user over the target. Unfortunately, this info would be more useful in PPGD than GT :c
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby silvercover » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:18 am

Blood Lord wrote:And no response. I don't even know why I try anymore.

well theres not much I can really say anyway as a reply to that post...

unless you want me to do something like apologize or beg for forgiveness.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:37 am

To use a comparison, you're basically trying to use information from the Justice League to support theories in Teen Titans.

PPGD and GT are similar, but can't be directly compared in the way you're trying to compare things.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:06 am

Drago2552 wrote:It said Chi's mother who is that referring to. Are we talking about Aku or guess Blossom is not Chi's mother as well( or chi could have a part of blossoms soul).

They were probably referring to Ikra.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby GTFDB » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:16 am

Blazen wrote:I like this Grim better than the weaselly pile of bones that was kicked around. He finally takes a bigger step.

That probably just due to the booze he's drinking.

Postby DarkKing » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:24 am

I don't think so, he was pretty intimidating when he asked Mandy to marry him. I don't think Grim is afraid of Mandy anymore, at least not as much as before anyway.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby ari-6 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:35 am

Blood Lord wrote:
silvercover wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:Megaville had a few giant robots that didn't fair well against Him.

well those were just technology based, mandy's probably has other things going for it like maybe demonic/ghost energies to damage HIM (imagine skulker's), or at least still destroy his minions.

You have zero proof indicating that it has supernatural capabilities, I on the other hand, have more support for it being a mech.
I also assumed that the mech would have some special feature. I just thought this because Mandy was at the battle at Megaville. So there is a good chance that if a mech actually fought HIM are His minions, she would know about it are at least have been informed. I just thought this because the PPG mech was impaled on a giant spike, It stands out so much it is like a monument. I just thought it was unlikely that she wouldn't know what happened there. And Mandy is not the kind to try something if it has failed before. Plus it is being built or at least modified by supernatural beings to fight a supernatural being which made me think that her mech probably has something going for it, that makes here believe it is a genuine threat to the enemy. What that might be I don't know but If it didn't then she wouldn't bother with it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby theragnarokbringer » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:38 am

its war in the underworld that he is afraid of lol
the quest for revenge... is a long one
Drago

Postby GTFDB » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:44 am

If Mandy start a war in the underworld, THERE WILL BE HELL TO PAY!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by GTFDB on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:12 pm

Shush you people. Try to add 'something' to discussions.

Ari, Mandy didn't help the heroes in Megaville. Grim noted how Mandy could've helped, yet didn't.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Shradow » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:52 pm

If it comes to war, I do hope we get to see Grim do some more badass stuff. At least, more than what he did in Halloweentown.

Postby DarkKing » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:04 pm

Yeah I want him to do more than just comic relief as well, he's freaking Death for goodness sake. I think he should be just a bit below Aku and HIM in terms of strength.

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby The Darkitect » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:29 pm

Does anyone notice the bomb from PPGD in the display case to the left of the guard with the sword? Bit of an allusion if you ask me...

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:31 pm

Don't think on it.

Postby Drago2552 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:21 pm

Dude different time lines. I saw it to just ignored it.

Postby konata50 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:00 pm

I wonder where "Him" has The souls of the good guys he killed in the past like the PPG's,Jack and etc.
The Kona-Squad's sign of approval..

Postby Mimi_Fan_Girl » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:41 pm

If they'er sinless then they shouldn't be down there if not then he's having a hell a lot of fun tormenting them.

Postby DarkKing » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:32 pm

HIM kidnapped Minnie before her soul could enter heaven, so unless she was just a special case I don't think it would matter whether they were sinless or not.

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:37 pm

The only opportune time for him to do that would be at the moment of their death, which is where Grim should be. I'd think that, shit would hit the fan on multiple levels.

Postby Havoc » Thu May 01, 2014 12:18 am

I think if Him was holding a shit-ton of pure souls, all of heaven would be all over his ass. I mean, look how they sent for just Minnie alone. It would make sense if Him took Blossom's soul and no one from heaven came for her, since banging a demon is more than likely frowned upon.

The Darkitect wrote:Does anyone notice the bomb from PPGD in the display case to the left of the guard with the sword? Bit of an allusion if you ask me...

I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to add that. If it was their intent to stir up shit and further mislead the naive masses, then bravo.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby Havoc » Thu May 01, 2014 1:00 am

Guardian wrote:I'll be surprised if we find out what happens to the sword.

You mean that they'll just go back to Chi, or some shit the very next page? Kinda like when Minnie got the gift from Mandy and it cutaway before we could see what it was.

I really do hope that the sword will end up going to someone we have not seen. I can't really see any of the current characters using it, also it seems very mundane and unadventurous to just give it to someone like Jr or Minnie. I feel like we were promised a new character. But maybe that's just me.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CrimsonCreed » Thu May 01, 2014 3:07 am

Actually i can see the bomb being in Mandy's collection depending on its usefulness and because it's a vary rare thing to be able to manipulate time, otherwise Mandy would have had Clockwork imprisoned from the beginning.
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!