Woman's intuition...righhhhhht...

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Woman's intuition...righhhhhht...

Postby The Mad Doctor » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:32 pm

Tall, mass of black and green substance is what I like Aku. Because it can be creepy.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
Blighttown is easy

Postby LilOtakuGyrl » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:51 pm

Glad to see Minnie and Mandy and as always the updated is awesome can't wait to see what Him has planned next up his claw and Minnie looks like she's getting ready for a fight but it could just be more of her training Mandy makes her do and she's just blowing off some steam. Right? But still great comic
Otaku For Life

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:51 pm

Bromance, if you haven't had one, Mike/Turk in Scrubs is a good example. Aku and Him are just older and make more pokes at each other. I think it's interesting how close they are, what exactly happened in their shared past that caused them to be so close?
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:20 pm

The pace is beginning to speed up. The next move is about to be made...
Let's see who better protects their King...
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby LilOtakuGyrl » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:34 pm

Sigment Kurosai wrote:The pace is beginning to speed up. The next move is about to be made...
Let's see who better protects their King...

Ah so it's a game of chess now
Otaku For Life

Postby The Mad Doctor » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:49 pm

I think It's been a game of chess since a very long time.

Blighttown is easy

Postby ari-6 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:11 am

LilOtakuGyrl wrote:Ah so it's a game of chess now

Yeah... You missed all the detailed chess analogy's from last time.
Don't hug me I'm scared

Postby Xi-1 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:15 am

Aku seems to be interested in confirming what he already knows, and in learning what he can that he does not know. It's probably easier for him to learn these things in Ikra's form, not to mention we've no idea how substantial his normal form is. Not that it really matters, since both Aku and HIM are lords. I wasn't even thinking on matters of anatomy until someone mentioned them. And now they shall be forgotten.

The contrast between Minnie's weapons training and Chi's complete lack thereof is something I can appreciate: Minnie knows how to fight, therefore a contrast shall exist between their skills should they meet.

But Chi's a shapeshifter, and Minnie may not have her walking arsenal when they do meet.
A Page Flipper

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:32 pm

It will be a very weird "love square" because;
Minimandy ♥ Grim Junior
Grim Junior ♥ Mimi
Mimi ♥ (possibly) Grim Junior
Chi ♥ Mimi

And I hope Ikra will return. Maybe a sexy fight between Ikra and Mandy, with Dan in the audience. But I wonder what Mimi has been doing all this time, because I don't think she's still chewing on Junior.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby AnimeWannabe » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:07 pm

I wonder if another boy character will be introduced, it'll be interesting to see if he liked Minnie and the love...whatever-shape-works will turned out.
It's nice to see Minnie again, she's a favorite of mine and it good to see her back
I'm not crazy, my reality is just different from yours.

Postby ari-6 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:45 pm

I agree there should be more male characters the same age as the main cast but I think introducing a character just to be a love interest is a cheap move.
Don't hug me I'm scared

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:11 pm

I still stand by my statement a couple months ago, I'm calling a harem for Junior.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:27 pm

Which I do not want in this comic. Besides, the chances of that happening are particullary low, considering that Chi seems well ready to marry Mimi wether she likes it or not (also do not want to happen).

1000'th post

Blighttown is easy

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:28 pm

There are instances in anime where females in 'love' with another character falls for the main character because of some event. Just saying, Junior has incest and something like a love interest. Having the spoiled princess type? :D ehh eeeehhh Also Mandy being a MILF, in the harem anime(at least the few I've seen, about 5) the main character has a smoking hot mother, mainly because the author has females that look attractive in mind. And before anyone misinterprets this, I'm not saying a mother/son relationship gone wrong, I'm saying hot moms is another thing they have in common.
I'm just saying it now like I've said it before, I can definitely see a harem slowly forming for Junior.

EDIT: Wanted to add more to the post, so I don't double post.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:37 pm

Must.. resist... power abuse.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby ari-6 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:22 am

Which power? Is it the one that makes peoples heads explode? That one IS really addictive.
Don't hug me I'm scared

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:57 am

@blood; (obviously)
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby AnimeWannabe » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:33 am

I wonder how Chi is going to react when she learns that Mimi has been hanging around a boy
I'm not crazy, my reality is just different from yours.

Postby DarkKing » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:52 am

AnimeWannabe wrote:I wonder how Chi is going to react when she learns that Mimi has been hanging around a boy

I imagine it would be something like this Image
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:07 am

So, why are you guys against the idea of a harem? The idea of multiple girls drooling over a single boy seems stupid? I agree that most harems are stupid for that reason(a few others too).   Only harems I enjoyed for the story are Ai Kora and To Aru Majutsu no Index the others are just comedic.    Unless I missed someone saying that this won't be a harem, I can see it easily happening.
They even have Aku to act as a 'trap'. xD
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:28 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:Only harems I enjoyed for the story are Ai Kora and [b]To Aru Majutsu no Index

OK, first, How is Index a harem? The main character isn't tripping into some random girls breasts every 5 minutes and it has more plot than just a generic male lead deciding which girl he likes best. Second, if this were to become a harem don't you think it would have headed in that direction years ago? One love quadrangle does not make a harem. If I were to tag this story, I would say supernatural action comedy but in no way is this a harem. There have been some crappy story lines but if this devolved into a harem that would top them all. stop trying to apply anime tropes to something that isn't anime.
p.s. let me know if your head esplode + pictures.
Don't hug me I'm scared

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:07 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:So, why are you guys against the idea of a harem? The idea of multiple girls drooling over a single boy seems stupid? I agree that most harems are stupid for that reason(a few others too).   Only harems I enjoyed for the story are Ai Kora and To Aru Majutsu no Index the others are just comedic.    Unless I missed someone saying that this won't be a harem, I can see it easily happening.
They even have Aku to act as a 'trap'. xD

I hope this comic doesn't become a harem. They are finally beginning to pick up a deeper plot in the story again. I loved the Halloween Town arc but I'm really excited for the Underworld War arc (names given by me not confirmed). And if this would turn into some kind of harem then it would be like School Days.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:12 am

A harem doesn't need an air headed main character, nor does it even need love interests. A harem in anime terms is a male surrounded by more than two females or vice versa. Romance is optional. If you go ask anyone on any anime site/page/forum/etc they will tell you Index is a harem. Most of the girls he meets even have a crush on him. The reason why I like it so much is the fact the females still have a life after the events with the main character and they don't go around drooling over him/chasing after him. Other example, Ai Kora manga only(wish it had anime, but anyone who's read it knows why that's not happening), it's a harem, only 3 out of 10 girls actually liked him more than a friend and 2 of them moved on after he made it clear he wasn't interested. A harem in anime terms, doesn't need to be as ecchi as you lead it on to be, most of them are just because the fan-base enjoys it. Not to mention your 'example' of the main character falling into breasts every 5 minutes can be applied to Index, he's seen almost all the 'well-endowed' females naked or nearly naked.

Second, if this were to become a harem don't you think it would have headed in that direction years ago?

Most of the god damn story is flashbacks. Ever since the Halloween flashback ended all I've seen was Mimi coming(her background) and yet another female introduced. Chi doesn't HAVE to stop loving Mimi, but if she ends up hanging around Junior, that would categorize this as a harem.

Before you go off telling people incorrect information, make sure you know what you're talking about. I said this might become a harem because we know for a fact Bleedman is effected by Japanese culture. I'll also repeat this one more time, harems do not require romance, all it requires, in anime terminology, is a character surrounded by at least 3 or more characters of the opposite sex. If there's a gangster character surrounded by multiple females, yes that's a harem in anime.

I apologize if anyone assumed I was speaking the other definition, I was speaking in anime terms.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:05 am

I believe we've had BR come in and condemn that idea saying it will never happen. Plus I can guarantee that won't happen because that isn't the sort of anime that Bleed watches.

The problem is that even though you might say it doesn't involve romance it us clearly being taken that way, which I would guess is a result of a vast majority of Harlem anime's having that element.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:14 am

I realize that many believe harem need these elements, but they don't. The most accurate word I can think of for 'Junior is going to have friends and acquaintances mostly of the opposite sex' would be 'harem'. Fact is Minnie and Mimi has already shown some form of affection towards him, at least I think that's Mimi's way of doing so. If Bleedman even makes a crack at Junior and Chi, it's a harem.

Just wanted to say I'm not a crazed person hoping for a ridiculous amount romance between these characters. But I can see Junior finding a way to make Chi not go at his neck, becoming friends(not close, not more than, nothing more than the minimal definition) and then moving on. My definition, and the current(actual) definition of harem. If it eventually evolves to the point where the word has to involve romance, which I hope not, then I'll take my seat.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!