Alley-oop!

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Bleedman » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:47 am

BeeAre: Don't get your Full Metal Jacket twisted, Sam. You've gotta put these petals to the metal!

Bleedman: FAKE?!
Joe M. :"draw till your hands BLEED"
thus I was born...........
offline
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:37 pm
Location: philippines
Gender: None specified

Re: Alley-oop!

Postby achthenuts » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:02 am

Wait WHAT ? Buttercup doesn't like to repeat again ?
Image
I heard you don't accept god
I don't accept fandom/shipping/mary-sue
This is not EVERY users.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:48 pm
Location: Malaysia
Gender: Male

Re: Alley-oop!

Postby kitsunemaru » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:07 am

The suspense is killing me!
Where the story turns strange.....
Image
NOMZ
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:49 pm
Location: Under a rock, apparently...
Gender: Female

Re: Alley-oop!

Postby Mimi_Fan_Girl » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:45 am

Go get them Blossom and Buttercup!
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:21 am
Gender: Female

Re: Alley-oop!

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:16 am

what happened down there, I want to know!
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:49 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Alley-oop!

Postby Crelious » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:23 am

Sooooo...no body knew blossom lost?... lol
in every we find dear present, i find nothing of value

Heed my word, Oh divine Saber and strike down all that oppose my will!
Tonitrui Ensem: Horrendum chorea!


You will know true suffering, until your bitter end!!
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:11 am
Location: Traped within the chaos
Gender: None specified

Re: Alley-oop!

Postby SuperFireDagwon » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:06 am

It's great to see what went on right before the big bang. Of course that's just providing more suspense on finding out what's going to happen AFTER the big bang, but we'll just have to wait and see on that.

Looks like we're set up for two grudge matches: Blossom vs Bell and Buttercup vs Sam (over what she did to Jack).

And is it me, or does Buttercup look just a little more awesome dressed like that? Could be the shades of course, but still.

I know it's impossible due to copyright laws, but I still would pay cash money for this in a bound collectors edition (something akin to what Walky does for Shortpacked! and Dumbing of Age or Eric Schwartz for Sabrina Online). It would kick so much ass.

I got into a discussion elsewhere last night about folks who would read this more often but find the 'panty shots' a bit much. Needless to say I pointed out anime's been doing that for decades. But this page is a perfect example why all the folks who bitch about 'too many panty shots' are wrong. Not a single one at all cause it didn't need it and the art speaks for itself.
Another great job to everyone!
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:52 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Alley-oop!

Postby rac7d » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:17 am

If buttercup has als cuaght up with blossom no wonder she failed. Bell proably set the machine by now.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:02 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Alley-oop!

Postby caveman » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:54 am

You know, for a moment there, i thought i saw a pantyshot :twisted: , but then I realize, it's just an arms gripping a leg, oh well. lol
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 10:16 am
Gender: Male

Re: Alley-oop!

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:36 pm

kitsunemaru wrote:The suspense is killing me!

What suspense? The bomb goes off anyways.

Darkingdomhearts wrote:what happened down there, I want to know!

Blossom loses.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18949
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: Alley-oop!

Postby shadownerd221 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:06 pm

Well this battle is going to be intense. But sadly we all now what happened in the end.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 515
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:50 pm
Location: Somewhere in Texas
Gender: Male

Re: Alley-oop!

Postby SuperFireDagwon » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:48 pm

shadownerd221 wrote:Well this battle is going to be intense. But sadly we all now what happened in the end.



Sort of like Titantic. No matter how much great stuff you put into the background or make the characters awesome the boat still sinks.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:52 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Alley-oop!

Postby Littlisk » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:46 pm

Crelious wrote:Sooooo...no body knew blossom lost?... lol


Blood Lord wrote:
kitsunemaru wrote:The suspense is killing me!

What suspense? The bomb goes off anyways.

Darkingdomhearts wrote:what happened down there, I want to know!

Blossom loses.


Some of us don't care to jump ahead of the online comic, you know. (Ever heard spoiler alerts people?)

Seriously, can you guys just make a thread of all the spoilers, and then keep them there?

I guess I won't have to check this comic for a few weeks now..... :roll:
"It takes the smartest people to admit theres always more to learn"

- Not a Know-it-All
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 4:10 pm
Location: United States of America
Gender: None specified

Re: Alley-oop!

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:46 pm

Littlisk wrote:Some of us don't care to jump ahead of the online comic, you know. (Ever heard spoiler alerts people?)

Seriously, can you guys just make a thread of all the spoilers, and then keep them there?

I guess I won't have to check this comic for a few weeks now..... :roll:

IT WAS POSTED IN THE GOD DAMN COMIC YOU MORON.

http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=269
http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=268
http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=267
http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=266
http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=265

How the hell could you have missed this? We jumped back to see what happened. God, you people can be retarded.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18949
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: Alley-oop!

Postby Sonata2011 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:54 am

awesome page....awesome effect awesome comic XD
Dexter Rules
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:41 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Alley-oop!

Postby Xi-1 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:23 am

Blood Lord hath spoken. 'Nuff said.

If Bleedman and BeeAre had wanted to maintain suspense, I think they would have posted all the doom-and-gloom, bomb-has-gone-off after the epic fight sequence to come. I mean, it's fairly obvious from the lack of panty shots that starting from the descent through the Comm Tower that this is meant to be epic, so can't we all just sit back and enjoy it?

Um, yes 'fake.' That's evidently how Buttercup sees any Powerpuff not created by Utonium (as opposed to the plethora of them from the April Fools page, who probably wouldn't seem so bad as reinforcements right now if they were real). I thought Bleedman worked on this thing. Why is HE surprised? Did BeeAre not inform him of this?

I am ready for Round 2 / Round 3.
A Page Flipper
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:45 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Alley-oop!

Postby Littlisk » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:13 pm

Blood Lord wrote:IT WAS POSTED IN THE GOD DAMN COMIC YOU MORON.

http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=269
http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=268
http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=267
http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=266
http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=265

How the hell could you have missed this? We jumped back to see what happened. God, you people can be retarded.


THANK YOU FOR USING CAPS LOCK. IT TOTALLY ADDS TO CONVEYING YOUR POINT.

Out of more than thirteen thousand of your posts, these had to be the ones filled with shit.


The bomb goes off, yes. But that's all we know at this point. So what you're really doing here is then called "A-S-S-U-M-I-N-G" and its absolutely worthless. Can you answer these questions?


Why would Blossom be required to lose for the bomb to go off?
How exactly could Blossom, the leader, possibly lose?
And what development in the story line could possibly bring this all together?


You can't. We can't. And THAT is whats killing us.

So maybe,

if you would stop being such a douche of an oldfag, you could join in on an orderly conversation.
"It takes the smartest people to admit theres always more to learn"

- Not a Know-it-All
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 4:10 pm
Location: United States of America
Gender: None specified

Re: Alley-oop!

Postby Archrival » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:18 pm

If you actually paid attention to various bits and pieces from other comics e.g Grim Tales, you could answer your own questions. Hell even the start of this 'Flashback' where Blosson is floating in space gives kinda enough of a clue.

In sum don't be a nooby douchebag and complain when a vet calls you out on your own stupidity.
Image
SUPPPAAAHHH
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 11761
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:57 pm
Location: On the stage of life.
Gender: Male

Re: Alley-oop!

Postby Deadpool94 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:12 am

Ooooo...where's the popcorn...there's another pointless argument.
Ya know why I love the Internet? Cause its just like me.
Vulgar, combative and contradictory?
Overflowing with perversion and stupidity?!
Yes and yes. -All three Deadpool
Sniff Ah I love the smell of pancakes in the morning.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:24 pm
Location: New York City
Gender: Male

Re: Alley-oop!

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:13 am

Littlisk wrote:THANK YOU FOR USING CAPS LOCK. IT TOTALLY ADDS TO CONVEYING YOUR POINT.

It was to convey the level of frustration you, and many others are putting me through. Not to convey my message.
Let me break it down more simply for you.

First off, that is the firmest refutable post in the history of the site, with the comic as living proof of, not just my view, but the truth of what happened. Allow me to explain, but first you're questions.

Littlisk wrote:The bomb goes off, yes. But that's all we know at this point. So what you're really doing here is then called "A-S-S-U-M-I-N-G" and its absolutely worthless. Can you answer these questions?

You are accusing me of assuming? My, my, you haven't been around here for long have you? Clearly not, or else you wouldn't have made such dire accusations towards me. I am anal when it comes to discussing the theoretical possibilities as shown in the comics. Perhaps if you left this part of the site, and joined the other sections, you would realize this. Its not solid, about as solid as weather prediction. There is a thread in the main Bleedman Section about predictions, where we gather to discuss and expand certain events, and sometimes, predict the future course of the comics as we currently see it with what we have. Creating predictions based on facts, and not creating facts around a prediction.

The facts are clear, but if you wish me to show them more clearly, then I will do so.

Littlisk wrote:Why would Blossom be required to lose for the bomb to go off?

What is Blossom's mission here? It certainly isn't to escort Bell to the bomb site and allow it to go off. Nor would it to be to check if the air conditioning is still working. She is there to stop Bell, from what? From setting that bomb off. From what the comic has shown us thus far, Bell is there to activate this device which does something, many suspect, that has to do with time.

The extent of that motive is entirely debatable, but we can derive two core facts from the attack. First off, the attack is going to involve everyone that this present. Why else would they launch this attack? It was perfect to have all of the greatest scientific minds, and some of the best superheroes under one roof to strike. They would be neutralized. Second, this isn't your ordinary bomb, its something different, something that BeeAre, the editor of PpGD, has been hinting to us that it has something to do with time. Personally, I would just but a thermal nuclear warhead in there and push the button, but that is a different topic.

Blossom loses, because the bomb goes off. She fails to "stop" Bell in time, which unless Blossom activates it instead, or Samantha manages to activate it instead, she failed to stop the bomb from going off, which is her mission.

Littlisk wrote:How exactly could Blossom, the leader, possibly lose?

You are under the assumption that just because she is the leader of the heroes, means that they always win. Good guys finish last, or in other words, they win in the end, but this is not the end. Blossom is just as powerful as her sisters, no more. What sets her apart is that she has natural leadership abilities.

How could she not lose? Must I remind you of the first fight against Bell? She didn't win that. She clearly did not win this one either. But how close that was remains to be seen.

Littlisk wrote:And what development in the story line could possibly bring this all together?

I find this question to be the most irrelevant and more confusing then any that you have presented thus far. Are you asking why is there a bomb, or what is the bomb doing, or what is to happen afterwards?
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18949
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: Alley-oop!

Postby rac7d » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:23 am

I'm still confused about how buttercup cuaght up with them so fast.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:02 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Alley-oop!

Postby Xi-1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:20 pm

I suspect Buttercup (and Sam) caught up with Blossom so quickly because they were moving at the Speed of Plot. Until shown otherwise, why not leave it at that?

By the way, Littllist, Blossom, the Leader, has lost to Bell before, so I'm sure it's perfectly reasonable for a repeat to happen, even though they both have their guards up. Bell has been proven to be stronger than Blossom, and she also had Gir, whose Random Factor has already messed up Blossom's plans (by landing in her face).

Also, I would not advise taunting (if I can even call it that) Blood Lord, a veteran: doing so is not conducive to remaining on these boards for long.
A Page Flipper
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:45 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Alley-oop!

Postby Littlisk » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:24 pm

Blood Lord wrote:[Remember] the first fight against Bell? She didn't win that.

Yes, because witnessing a boy lose his only sister and then attempt murdering a minor puts everyone into a bloodthirsty mood. :| Moving on...


That whole scene was just completely random.

It wasn't very serious for anyone. Even Bell didn't have her mind set on killing - she immediately lost directive once Gir entered the equation.

When Blossom was done with Bell she only wanted an explanation - not a head on a platter.

Blood Lord wrote:Blossom loses, because the bomb goes off.

That's not correct because Bell doesn't have to defeat Blossom vice versa.

Bell's mission is to, "...protect the bomb until it goes off. (01/30/11)" so that the world can be, "...consumed by the Light. (08/18/12)".

Its a "Chicken vs. Egg" problem made much larger. Once the "bomb" goes off Blossom(and everyone else) would have "lost" in the same sense as well.

Blood Lord wrote:Are you asking why is there a bomb, or what is the bomb doing, or what is to happen afterwards?

If you can answer any or all of those :D then yes, I am asking for them.
"It takes the smartest people to admit theres always more to learn"

- Not a Know-it-All
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 4:10 pm
Location: United States of America
Gender: None specified

Re: Alley-oop!

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:24 pm

You're an idiot and twisting my words. Lets start from the top.

Littlisk wrote:Yes, because witnessing a boy lose his only sister and then attempt murdering a minor puts everyone into a bloodthirsty mood. :| Moving on...


That whole scene was just completely random.

It wasn't very serious for anyone. Even Bell didn't have her mind set on killing - she immediately lost directive once Gir entered the equation.

When Blossom was done with Bell she only wanted an explanation - not a head on a platter.

The psychological effects of what happened before doesn't matter. Neither did she or anyone else need to be in a bloodthirsty mood to fight. The seriousness of the fight doesn't matter either, and Gir is a weakness for Bell that was exploited by Blossom. Who then got captured.

Of course she didn't want her head on a platter, what the fuck does that have to do with anything? When the hell did anything I or anyone say needed that to be a requirement?

Littlisk wrote:That's not correct because Bell doesn't have to defeat Blossom vice versa.

You're thinking in terms of physical combat, I'm refereeing to objectives. The objective in the previous fight for Bell would have been something along the lines of distract, wear down, or capture blossom for Mandark. therefore by objective standards, which is the ruling force in any engagement, Blossom lost that fight, and Bell won.

In this one, Bell's objective, as you point out is to protect the bomb until it goes off. Blossom's objective and purpose for chasing Bell is the opposite of that objective, aka "STOP THE BOMB FROM GOING OFF". Which she FAILS to do, and we clearly see that she failed to stop Bell, and the bomb went off. Thus Bell won because her objective was completed.

Bell doesn't have to beat up Blossom, that was never what I meant by Blossom losing to Bell in this situation. All she had to do is hold Blossom back long enough for the bomb to go off. WHICH SHE DID. THUS BLOSSOM FAILED.

Littlisk wrote:Its a "Chicken vs. Egg" problem made much larger.

Umm, no it isn't. That's who came first. Arguing which was more important to start the first. In the case of the egg and the chicken, its a loop which dictates that one had to come from the other before the other could come in existence.

There isn't a problem here, you are only compounding it. There was two teams here, one bomb., each side to stop the other. Think of it as an objective played game. Halo's bomb games are a great example here. It doesn't matter how many people you kill, if you don't stop the bomb from going off, you lose. Same with CTF, it doesn't matter how many people you tag out, should your flag get stolen, you lose.

For all we know, Blossom could have gone super saiyan and beaten the hell out of Bell. But that wouldn't matter because the bomb still goes off and she loses.

Look, you're an idiot for thinking that Blossom could have possibly won when the bomb still went off, and everyone in this forum is going to agree.

Littlisk wrote:If you can answer any or all of those :D then yes, I am asking for them.

In short, the bomb is linked with time (as indicated by Otto's Time Squad notification), meaning to remove people from a certain space of time. The editor of PpGD, BR, explained all of this in the Official Prediction's thread. I believe the intent is to drop them back after that time warp had happened. The bomb would be the most effective method of delivery for needing to target an area, or even as a delivery method for such a mass scale tool.

I believe there could be two possible reasons for the bomb there. First, all of the smart people and several super heroes are gathered together. Prime time to strike and take out several of the people that could and are a thread to your plans. The second reason is more likely. The bomb needs either a triggering mechanism or an amplifier to enlarge the effects. Such a device or devices could be stored underground in this facility. Another part of me wonders if those cables of internet that Sam is cutting through is what channels the process.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18949
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male


Return to Comic Updates and News!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests