New Grim Tales Comic: "A picture says a thousand tears"

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby SnafuBot » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:31 pm

Go check out the new Grim Tales comic!

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby shadownerd221 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:35 pm

Well... that is pretty depressing to hear. Also cool Pyramid Head.

Postby konata50 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:54 pm

by what i read HIM made mimi kill her mother wow HIM really is messed up i dont think any evil equals him i dont even think Mandy is that evil makes mandy look like happy little fairy princess
The Kona-Squad's sign of approval..

Postby Deadpool94 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:04 am

Man! This made my stomach turn a little bit.
Ya know why I love the Internet? Cause its just like me.
Vulgar, combative and contradictory?
Overflowing with perversion and stupidity?!
Yes and yes. -All three Deadpool
Sniff Ah I love the smell of pancakes in the morning.

Postby JunSama » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:19 am

That was a LOT of spoilers for PPG fans...

And Him made her killed her mom? We all know who her mom is, right?

*ahem*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

----

Okay... Hopeful theory time.

Blossom is an adoptive mother, and the mother killed was somebody else who we do NOT hold near-and-dear to our hearts. :D

Other hopeful theory:

Grim Tales is an alternate timeline. (If this is already a fact, I didn't know, so don't be hating.)

PPG's storyline will not take the same dark turn - Everybody lives happily ever after (following some epic hero-beats-villian badassery of course) <3

Postby Deadpool94 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:52 am

^Yes Grim Tales is separate from PPG's story so you have nothing to fear!:) <3

Postby MillennialDan » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:02 am

Alex Mercer wrote:^Yes Grim Tales is separate from PPG's story so you have nothing to fear!:) <3

If true, that almost makes it worse in some ways...

And man, in a comic where I expect demented things in the first place, I still find myself irritated by certain stuff. The events described in those pictures definitely fall into that category.

Postby JunSama » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:11 am

Alex Mercer wrote:^Yes Grim Tales is separate from PPG's story so you have nothing to fear!:) <3

You can't prove that.

Even if the one making the story said so, they could change their mind when PPG gets to that point. So, it remains a theory.

Postby Ataw » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:57 am

JunSama wrote:

You can't prove that.

Even if the one making the story said so, they could change their mind when PPG gets to that point. So, it remains a theory.

oh jeeze we already went over this with bleed himself there's no timeline connecting GT with PPG, whole different ocasion. So, no spoilers, ok? it's just how the comic goes. keeps the reader inthrald (miss spelled)
Dead and gone for 6 months....
But now I've been reborn to reclaim My Place!!

Postby Guardian » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:19 am

Its been confirmed that PPGD and GT are two separate storyline universes. Think of Marvel when they have alternate universes of the same character. It isn't a theory, its a fact.

This certainly explains a lot. Wow, having Mimi kill her own mother.
Blossom is an adoptive mother, and the mother killed was somebody else who we do NOT hold near-and-dear to our hearts. :D

Nope. Blossom was killed by Mimi. Look, you aren't making good theories. They're crap because you are constructing theories around your emotion and personal desired outcome. You can't do that, especially when you are going against information that is in the comic. when you are making a theory, a guess on something, ANYTHING, it must be created around facts.

For example. We KNOW that Mimi's mother is Blossom. That was bluntly indicated in the comic. We know that Him killed all of her friends, we've seen it. We know that Megaville falls, we've seen it. We know that PpGD and GT are two separate universes, using similar characters because it has been told to us by BeeAre, the editor of PpGD, and apparently Bleedman himself.

Stop challenging establish fact, it makes you look like an idiot.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Krest » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:02 pm

"Heroes can become whores in their most desperate hour." Ouch.

I find it funny how a guy that laughs at all forms of punishment and dishes it out at all moments of his life would find this disturbing. Is it odd that this page made me laugh even though he didn't?

I realize she's insane, but I find it surprising that Mimi hasn't fallen into madness by now. Speaking of which, I hope we'll see Asura from Soul Eater soon! xD

But wow...wow. Wow. That just sucks, man.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby wonder3 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:52 pm

Well all I can say is wow. That is a little messed up. not the fact that HIM did do all that stuff but Jeff in the background crying, not a wise thing to do in a room with two demons in charge of two of the worst levels of the underworld. Wonder if Marcelene's dad is impressed of HIM's cruelty or sickened. To my knowledge Marcelene's mom is never talked about so something similiar could of happened with that as well. Question though if this is a flashback showing the rulers of the underworld and they are seven if I remember correctly who are the others?

We know four: Grimm/Mandy, HIM, Marcelene's dad, and Malebolgia(the devil who gave spawn his powers)
No one knows what the future holds until it happens.Anything is possible just not probable.
Some might not live long enough to truly appreciate life but you have to take good with the bad and hope they learn

Postby strider0075 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:45 pm

I don't know why but i get the feeling this comic was a comment to the fanbase. Sort of like they're saying "Blossom's dead, now stfu about her". Then again i haven't been in the forums for a while so i don't know if the blossom lives theories got out of hand like the timeline theories did.

@wonder3,
Didn't Nergal sr. control a part of the underworld too and i'm not 100% on the next one but i think Jack controls a sector. But i could be missing the mark and the earlier plotline (when Jr gets the nergal powers) is a different world and not a part of the underworld.

Postby BeeAre » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:05 pm

I am at the point of including HIM in PpGD at some point as traditional gay goofy HIM >:[ just to emphasize how not 70s Pimp he is. >:[
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby strider0075 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:31 pm

@BeeAre,
You think that's a good idea? If anything it'll become an excuse for the theorists to say that this is the same universe. Theorists will bend things any which way they want to prove a point. I don't know it just seems to me that it'll just exacerbate the situation.

Postby GridsNaranek » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:38 pm

Gay goofy is just the fashion trend in Pandemonium.

Had I not been rested as editor, I would have worked with Bleed on establishing exactly where and how GT branched off from PPGD. BeeAre would have been consulting with me for that.

Was also considering a story where a chance to undo all the damage done to the PPGD universe is presented, at the risk of Junior, Mimi, Minnie and others never existing.
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby midochiku » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:56 pm

Hello, I'm kind of a noobie here but I love the snafu comics and wanted to submit my own theory.

I think that when Endsville fell, HIM had something to do with it. So, to stop it, Blossom went to HIM to het HIM to stop or help her in some way. HIM agreed, but on one condition, it being...*that*. And Mimi was born, and HIM turned Mimi into HER and made Mimi kill Blossom.
“Knew you the second you set foot on my property, kid. Even as young as you were, how could I not? Folks want to blame someone for gals like us. “Her daddy was unkind” or “some fella broke her heart” … Hogwash. You and me’ve always been like this. Always a little removed. Always… dreaming.Of higher, further, faster… more. Always more. We came into this world spittin’ mad, runnin’ full bore… To or from what, I ain’t never been able to tell. Over the years, I’ve come to think of these particular traits as the shared attributes of a chosen people… the Lord put us here to punch holes in the sky. And when the soul is born with that kind of purpose… It’ll damn sure find a way. We’re gonna get where we’re going, you and me. Death and indignity be damned… we’ll get there……And we will be the stars we were always meant to be.”
Helen Cobb, Captain Marvel #1
Bucky No

Postby wonder3 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:24 pm

strider0075 wrote:@wonder3,
Didn't Nergal sr. control a part of the underworld too and i'm not 100% on the next one but i think Jack controls a sector. But i could be missing the mark and the earlier plotline (when Jr gets the nergal powers) is a different world and not a part of the underworld.

you might be right about that but same problem here was not 100% sure on Nergal being a ruler, but as for Jack I don't think HalloweenTown counts as a part of the underworld kind of like the world Pain came from, was not part of the underworld.
Then agian it did show Billy running around with a kid satan in the story of what happened to his soul that might be another ruler.
midochiku wrote:Hello, I'm kind of a noobie here but I love the snafu comics and wanted to submit my own theory.

I think that when Endsville fell, HIM had something to do with it. So, to stop it, Blossom went to HIM to het HIM to stop or help her in some way. HIM agreed, but on one condition, it being...*that*. And Mimi was born, and HIM turned Mimi into HER and made Mimi kill Blossom.[/quote]

This is a possibility but during the fall of Megaville/Endsville/Townsville which ever you believe is destroyed there is already one person that is there trying to prevent a future occurence. http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=68. http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=69 so adding another just to stop a city's destruction is complecated. I think if anything it was to save her family and Dexter if you noticed what they looked like in the destroyed megaville page.
I AM NOT SAYING THE COMICS ARE CONNECTED but if it is a alterernate timeline than every charecter in PPGD as alter self in this one( mostly dead if not all), plus way to many supers in one city not for it to be completely demolished. Supers are like roaches takes alot to kill all of them and more just crawl out of the ruble.
No one knows what the future holds until it happens.Anything is possible just not probable.
Some might not live long enough to truly appreciate life but you have to take good with the bad and hope they learn

Postby Xi-1 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:35 pm

The can says "Soul,' not "Soup," by the way. Clever turn?

Welcome to the Snafu forums, midochiku. It does not take that much of a stretch to say that Blossom would make a deal with HIM if things got bad enough. After all, she's a big-time heroes, and heroes are able to do pretty much anything in order to save other people, even if they are not family or friends -- and if it would save even one of her sisters or Professor Utonium, I think Blossom would eventually agree to undertake certain actions. That she loved Mimi despite knowing the circumstances and actions from whence she came means Blossom had come to terms with it to some degree. And HER killing Blossom isn't that much a stretch, considering how much pain HIM has put her through to control her. Besides, HER wouldn't be holding back at all in battle, as proven against Mina. Blossom, meanwhile, would be rendered unable to fight seriously because HIM would make sure she knew that HER was really Mimi.

Krest, I refer you to the Ben 10: Alien Force episode that introduces Professor Paradox for this concept on sanity: first you go insane, then you go sane.

/end of line.
A Page Flipper

Postby Deadpool94 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:24 pm

JunSama wrote:

You can't prove that.

Sorry, I guess I read it wrong when everyone who had a part in making this entire comic series said that they weren't connected at all!

Postby Ergotth » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:44 pm

@krest

I realize she's insane, but I find it surprising that Mimi hasn't fallen into madness by now. Speaking of which, I hope we'll see Asura from Soul Eater soon! xD

Agreed, this comic is just BEGGING for Soul Eater's characters xD

Postby wonder3 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:48 pm

konata50 wrote:by what i read HIM made mimi kill her mother wow HIM really is messed up i dont think any evil equals him i dont even think Mandy is that evil makes mandy look like happy little fairy princess

Sorry for responding to this so late but remember it was not until after Mandy left her position as Mayor that HIM even tried this so HIM does fear Mandy. The city was still standing although her night job was probably what made that possible. All this happened after Grimm proposed to Mandy. This plan was probably excuted after Mandy left to the underworld with her new husband.

In a way this whole situation is partially to blame on Grimm.

Postby demecowen » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:36 am

What HIM say is load of B.S. those picture are not to remind HIM that good fails and evil wins. It the opposite; HIM feel in love with a good woman and father a child, and now is doing everything he can to stomp that goodness out of HIM by doing THIS to Mimi. That picture in the bathtub scene show that good can win and evil can lose.
Last edited by demecowen on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby h465adejare » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:24 am

Poor jeff :'(

Postby 49dra » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:46 pm

So Him's real name is Kare, intersting also it'd be cool for to have a crossover for all three of bleedman's comic

Next

Return to Comic Updates and News!