So...Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

So...Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall

Postby Wulfespinndel » Thu May 22, 2014 2:24 am

It didn't take me too long to get out of the cave since I was technically busy doing something else for my leisure time but still, how in the world did Bethesda screw this one up? The combat in the game seems...fun, I guess (it's cool that you can hold the right mouse button while you have your sword out and move your mouse like you're swinging it). But I seriously can't hit anything. I've been able to kill bats and rats, but all the other people keep killing me. I think I died over five times now.

I'm also taking in the fact that Daggerfall is TWICE the size of Great Britian real slowly. I'm still lost in the snowfields, I made a save game for when I got out of that pitiful dungeon, and again, I'm still lost. But this is fun actually! I just wish I could find a nearby town and see what its like. Other than that, I don't have a map, and I'm still looking up more useful information for this game. Has anyone tried Daggerfall yet?
"Where we are, there’s daggers in men’s smiles."
KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Reset. Recalibrate.

Re: So...Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu May 22, 2014 7:56 am

I want to know where I can get it, I heard it was for free.
Oh hello Soldier

Postby Wulfespinndel » Thu May 22, 2014 10:30 pm

You can download it on Bethesda's Daggerfall page. Then you'll need DOSBox 0.74. It's actually a simple process, though it took me a couple of videos to be able to launch it (I learned from another video that to launch the game again, I had to type "fall.exe z.cfg").

Before you start playing though, be sure to do thorough research on getting started because the game can get frustrating sometimes. I usually rely on the Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages for Morrowind but for Daggerfall, you'll probably want more user information this time around.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Uno ... Newbie_FAQ

Here are the videos I used below for installing the game.

Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Asmodai » Sat May 24, 2014 5:34 am

Well, if it uses similar mechanics like Morrowind did, your chance to hit is... well... up to chance
Mephobiac

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sat May 24, 2014 7:29 pm

It plays nothing like Morrowind. There were a few skills in Daggerfall that got merged into Athletics, and Climbing isn't even in the games anymore. Pickpocketing didn't make a return up until Skyrim, and in Morrowind and Oblivion, it was merged into Sneak. Morrowind's Sneak skill was broken also so you had to download the Morrowind Code Patch to make Sneak actually work, which made the game a lot more fun.

One thing I wish the developers did for that skill is to make it work in conjunction with Athletics so you can move faster when sneaking. And just for fun, I got Djok's Animations to make sneaking more interesting.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Return to Snafu Gaming