Dark Souls 2

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Dark Souls 2

Postby Asmodai » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:04 am

Why would you spoiler tag the words "underground areas"? As if that's any kind of spoiler, when the DLC is titled "Crown of the sunken king" xD

I'm more curious how much more loot it adds...Fashion Souls being Fashion Souls, I do adore good looking armor/weapons, and will often pick those over clearly better gear.
Mephobiac

Postby Asmodai » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:01 am

Hmmm....

HMMMMM.....
Mephobiac

Postby Remni » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:35 pm

Steam be trolling people.
My Steam - Xbox GamerTag: TheSweedishChef
Shameless league stuff!
Fortunately Unfortunate

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:58 am

This happened to me while playing Dark Souls 2:

Okay, this has literally just happened to me a few minutes ago as I post this and you probably might not believe it, or maybe you will, stranger things have happened.

I had a run in with the fan made Covenant known as "The Very Good Invaders."

No, I'm not joking, this is apparently an actual thing.

I was just going through some areas and picking up some items in the Lost Bastille, when I'm about to bonfire out of there and level up, but I can't which is an early sign to an invader. I get ready for a fight as I see the message pop up and a red phantom appears at the other side of the stone bridge thing.
The red phantom gives me a wave and runs over to another area where shit just starts exploding because apparently my invader has some high level pyromancy on their side and I'm just starting up a new character so my guy is outmatched. Shit is just popping off and enemies are dying, I can see the flame of the explosions from around the corner like its some
kind of over the top slapstick cartoon. I'm just standing there wondering what the hell is going on.

The red phantom walks back over to me and gives me another wave and I wave back and the red phantom beckons me to fallow.
My first instinct tells me that, maybe this person just wants a fair fight and is clearing out any interruptions that might drop in, but nope, I keep expecting the invader to pull out a weapon, but they stick to just using pyromancy and don't even target me.
So we start going from area to area and clearing out all the enemies and my unexpected companion is healing me all the way whenever I take damage, I'm still weary of the person, but they never once attacked me. We go all the way to where the boss of the area is, but I've already killed those trio of spear wielding bastards and my unexpected companion takes off back to their game.

I'm just left sitting there wondering what happened. I'm about to call it a night after that when I get this message in my inbox from the very person who just invaded me:

"Let this message be a reminder of our assistance from the fan made covenant called, "The Very Good Invaders" :)"

I read it and can't help but smile at it. I just had to write something back so I write back:

"Thanks for the unusual, but fun time my friendly invader."

Too which the "Very Good Invader" writes back:

"Lol XD, np its what we do."

The Souls fanbase is a very interesting fanbase. Very interesting indeed.
Bark

Postby Asmodai » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:43 am

Mad-Mutt wrote:Shit is just popping off and enemies are dying

Invaders cant kill enemies... So this is probably not real.
Mephobiac

Postby MERASMUS! » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:12 am

This means only one thing....
Undisputed best cosplayer of snafu

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:37 pm

Well, it is true.

One part of this that slipped my mind is that the invader was somehow able to change their phantom's color. I don't know how they were able to do either of these things.

It might have been by hacking.

Either way, it was still something that put a smile on my face and its become one of my favorite Souls experiences. Even if it was done by hacking, at least in this case it came from a place of good intentions. Although, I could still see why that might piss someone off given the rep that most hackers have and what its usually used for.

I also, don't want to flat out accuse this person of hacking, since they they just seemed to be having a bit of fun, so I'll just assume that this person was really using the exploding barrels.
Keep in mind (and I'm not sure how clear I was with this) I didn't actually how this person kill the enemies, I just saw the explosions from around the corner. Mostly, the friendly invader was using, I think the spells name was warmth, on me when ever I got hurt while I killed all the enemies.

You can believe it or not if you want to, I knew some of you probably wouldn't, but I don't lie about these things.
I know its real, and that's all I need. I just figured ya'll might get a kick out of it.

If ya'll want me to, I still got that person's message, I could ask them how they were able to do these things. If they really were hacking I don't know if they'd be totally willing to tell me and I'm a little hesitant to tell what their user name is without permission.

This incident has left me slightly paranoid though, I've been checking my personal information to make sure not one's been messing with it. Its just me, I tend to get a little paranoid about even the most minor of things. It can be a bit annoying, but it nags at me until I look over these things.

Also,
@Doc:

I don't get what you're trying to say with that gif. Did you think it was done with mods/hacking or are you threatening to throw a computer at my head. If you are then come at me bro, I use to have sick dodging skill at dodge ball back in school.
Bark

Postby Senel » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:57 pm

The gif is a meme of 'Dr.HAX' from the Gmod Idiot Box series by DasBoSchit
Pelvic Sorcery

Postby MERASMUS! » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:19 pm

It's a fun slapstick series.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:52 am

I haven't been in a situation where I'm 100% sure someone was hacking, but I still don't like to make baseless accusations on people. I don't PVP much since I like to play as a loner who sometimes does the whole sword for higher thing when I feel like getting some quick levels off of bosses or when I just want to play with people.
But in this case if the person was hacking or something, at least it didn't come from a malicious place and it was kind of entertaining.

Also, I'm a big fan of slapstick so I might check out that thing Doc showed a gif of.
Bark

Postby Asmodai » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:18 am

Mad-Mutt wrote:One part of this that slipped my mind is that the invader was somehow able to change their phantom's color.

It might have been by hacking.

Might be hacking? Unless he turned white (using the White Ring), he's clearly hacking.

But you got a point on the explosive barrels, I had forgotten that there's quite a few of them there, and his Pyromancy could've detonated those.
Mephobiac

Postby Asmodai » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:16 pm

This is trolling of the highest grade... and its magnificent!

Mephobiac

Postby Vegedus » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:24 pm

Shit, that's funny. How do you do the metal gear solid trick?
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Asmodai » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:33 am

Chameleon (or Silver Talismans), its a spell (and item) that turns you into a random item in that particular map. Its random though, so you could turn into an urn, a box, a brazier, anything really.

Its a fantastic spell if you want to troll invaders.
Mephobiac

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:33 pm

That part when he knocks him off the cliff and he doesn't actually die and he looks up at him.

I was laughing.
Mad-Mutt wrote:I haven't been in a situation where I'm 100% sure someone was hacking
Oh boy, I have though. I was doing Low Level PVP (as I said in the previous page by getting an early red soapstone) and someone I invaded just kept shrugging at me.

At first I was confused. "How" is he shrugging this early in the game? That's a later action that you get in the game. So he comes at me and I get a pro as fuck parry, right? He falls to the ground and my +3 dagger with Ring of Blades is more than capable on one shotting ANYONE at this level with enough damage left over to kill them AGAIN. The stab only does a fourth of his health though and I'm all like HELL NO. I try running away but he catches up to me and kills me in one hit even though it wasn't a Backstab or anything.

So I end up messaging him asking him and I quote "What the shit how are you so strong at this Soul Level?" He says "Hax bro, Hax."

Hax.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:28 pm

Postby Asmodai » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:13 am

Could you not spam with those things?

They're not even funny
Mephobiac

Postby MERASMUS! » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:34 am

Ok, I'll stop. My humor taste isn't that great after all.

Postby True Order » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:10 pm

Eh, I liked it. Heard "THE HAX!" echo through my mind for each gif.

Anyway I played through the dlc.

Cool architecture/level design. Got the ole treasure hunting feeling I love, and when I learned how to    make the ghost dudes mortal I was pretty satisfied with myself.    I like Sinh a lot though he was/is    immune to my standard tactic of poisoning and then surviving until the poison kills em,    I used that tactic with the 2 pursuers and eventually won. God that was a good feeling. Btw, am I a pussy for using that tactic? I throw in a few slashes here and there, but since my specialty is dodging poison works well with my abilities. (this was all with the swordsman class btw, long live the Wanderer!)

Another question I wanted to ask was what do guys think about the Old Dragonslayer?

I hear mostly positive opinions but others seem to hate his inclusion and see him as a symbol of the few lore inconsistencies/oddities, some see him as a mere nostalgia cash-in so to speak. I can see that since I do like him but have absolutely no idea why other than    nostalgia.   
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby Senel » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:31 am

I always believed Ornstein and Smough to be false images conjured by Gwyndolyn anyway so I'm fine with him appearing.
Pelvic Sorcery

Postby True Order » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:38 am

I used to be in that mindset too. Until my concrete thoughts on such were logically smashed by a certain griper.

Plague of Gripes wrote:The problem with O&S being illusions (which is the "magic/the force did it!" kind of explanation for a lot of DS2 problems) are many. You both acquire their unique souls and also acquire the unique Leo Ring, which is the only one of its kind in existence. There is no other Leo Ring for other Dragonslayers (who happen to also have Ornstein's uniquely crafted armor apparently), unless you assume Ornstein's body, his soul, his unique weapon you get from it and his ring are all illusions controlled by Gwyndolyn. And they stay illusions even after you kill him and kill Gwynevere, dispelling the illusions. (In other words, he wasn't an illusion.)
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby Vegedus » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:28 am

True Order wrote:Btw, am I a pussy for using that tactic?

I have reached the opinion that Dark Souls is a game where whatever works, works. The game stacks the odds against you from per default and however you turn them back in your favour is fair game. Finding the best and easiest tactics is part of the game. As long as it isn't down-right foolproof and ridiculously (and anything that involves you having to get in melee sure doesn't sound like it), it's fair game. From could have disabled or nerfed poison on bosses if they wanted to.

I have absolutely no opinion on the Dragon Slayer. I figured he was just there to re-use some assets. I never understood how DS1 and 2 are connected, because it seems inconsistent all the way through. But whatever, I consider DS2 it's own universe with cameos from the first. They're no more signifigant than there's chocobos in every Final Fantasy. I got enough suspension of disbelief to not care if it makes sense.

Postby Vegedus » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:30 pm

Cool find by one of my friends!

Intro cinematic here, pause it at around 3:00, when you see the wide-shot of the ruins and the water. Look closely at the ruins' reflection.

The buildings in the reflection are complete and whole, unsullied by time! This is the same water the Chosen Undead then jumps through to get to Dranleic. Implicating that the water is a portal to... The past? Much like a portal, in a lake, was way to the future in Artorias of the Abyss.   
Last edited by Vegedus on Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Remni » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:56 am

That kinda reminds me of the way Dragon's Dogma ends, Veg
My Steam - Xbox GamerTag: TheSweedishChef
Shameless league stuff!
Fortunately Unfortunate

Postby Vegedus » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:06 am

I wouldn't know.

PreviousNext