Snafu's Special Animal Crossing Gathering Place

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Snafu's Special Animal Crossing Gathering Place

Postby Hiroko » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:30 am

Hullo there, this is the semi-official Animal Crossing thread for us Snafuers with Animal Crossing: New Leaf to come together to share our photos, Dream Addresses, QR Codes, and other content relating to Animal Crossing, or to organize little get-togethers in each other's towns. Those who are a little more skilled in the pixel art and music areas can even help make clothes, patterns, and compose Town Tunes (original or fan-based ones) for others to use, if you'd like.

Feel free to talk about your Animal Crossing experiences here, too! It's always kinda fun to share the experiences we have with our town and our villagers. c:

Some helpful links (feel free to suggest more!):

Animal Crossing Wiki
JVGS (Has guides for hair, faces, eyes, etc).
Thonky's Animal Crossing: New Leaf Guide
---Guide for Crazy Redd's Paintings and Works of Art
---The Roost Café Coffee Preferences
April Fool's Day Guide
Weeding Day Guide

Clothing Tutorials:
Introduction to Making a Pro-Design Dress Tutorial
Pro-Design Frills/Ruffles Tutorial

QR Codes:
Animal Crossing Closet Tumblr
QR Crossing

Town Tunes:
Starmen.net Town Tune Thread (Got mine from there. Mother related tunes, yus)
Another Town Tune
Melody Creator

Dream Addresses:
- 2600-0218-7298
- Cerulean: 4800-3472-6270
- Stuff: 5900-3548-4740

Friendcodes:
- Hiroko (PM for it.)
- Cerulean: 4184-3027-8640 (PM first)
- Stuffaluffagus (PM or Skype for it)
Last edited by Hiroko on Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:09 am, edited 6 times in total.
The Sentimental One

Re: Snafu's Special Animal Crossing Gathering Place

Postby Princess » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:38 am

I'm definitely gonna need this once I get the game. I'm gonna be so lost, until I get the hang of it. I r excite.
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Exodis » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:31 am

This is great!
We have a Minecraft, LoL, and now an Animal Crossing thread!
I wish to see more of these community gaming threads :3
The Universal Swordsman

Postby Hiroko » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:52 am

@Stuff: They're certainly useful. I'm still trying to get the hang of the game myself, though most of my focus has been on collecting bugs from the island to sell for a ton of bells, lol.

@Exodis: Lol, I'm glad you like the idea. A handful of us have been getting into Animal Crossing lately, so it's been suggested by a couple of people that we actually make a thread for this. And here we are! XD

--

So on note of Animal Crossing experiences, I thought I'd talk about my town for a bit:

So, I named my town "Ceresia" for RP reasons. I would've gone with "Cherrygrove" but the name was too long. It would have been fitting if my town fruit was cherries, to go with the name, but I ended up with the town fruit of apples instead. Pfft. =u=; Also for RP reasons, I have three character files: "Junie," who is my Mayor character and thus my main; "Hiroko," who is my resident character; and "Deluna," who is a recently-created file for my friend, since she wants to play the game but can't get a 3DS herself. (A note on that: yes, you can make separate files. Your very first file is your mayor character, all others you make are residents who will live in the exact same town that your mayor character is in and working on. I believe you can make up to three characters? Or so a friend has told me.)

Anywho, my first ten villagers consisted of Gruff, Caroline, Erik, Elise, Boone, Peanut, Marshal, Tammy, Gaston, and Sterling (who I accidentally stole from my friend's sister's town when I visited hers, lol).

Yesterday, however, Boone finally moved out. Didn't really like the guy much, even though he's really super friendly and all, but idk. So, I'm back to nine, and now I'm curious if I'll see a new villager move in now and what sort of villager they'll be.

Currently, my favorite villagers are Gruff, Caroline, Erik, Peanut, and Marshal. ...Even though Peanut sorta scares me a bit. She has this odd habit of always popping up at the corners of my screen whenever I'm walking around, or appearing from out of nowhere, or walking into my flippin' flowers. >:T ...Oh, and there was that one time where she randomly appeared directly behind me with a shovel in hand while I was checking my mail. That...totally wasn't creepy at all. Nope.

...I should post the photos I've been collecting, once I get around to transferring the files over from my 3DS to my computer and all. There's a handful of funny or interesting moments that I've captured--the mail incident being one of them, lol.
The Sentimental One

Postby Cerulean » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:30 am

Here's another QR code site. It's called QR Crossing. They had this adorable BMO Dress that I couldn't resist c:

Not positive, but I think I also got the code for a blue kimono from this site too... I'll check on that a bit later. So far I've only made one outfit (a black&white sleeveless sailor uniform) but hoping to make more later.

I have more to say, but so tired haha, will post more a bit later today on my impressions/experiences.

Oh and a link to the coffee preferences for the cafe would probably be helpful too.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hiroko » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:12 pm

Alrighty then, I'll add those links to the first post. Thanks for sharing them! ^^
The Sentimental One

Postby Cerulean » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:57 pm

No problem c:

or walking into my flippin' flowers. >:T

Ugh, so many of my villagers do this that it's not even funny. It gets especially annoying when they plant all the flowers in one area, and only water 2 .-.

I mean look at this! Why don't they try planting them in other areas?

Image Image

Eventually I'll replant them elsewhere, but it just boggles my mind when they all plant them in this area.

Now as for my experience with Animal Crossing. I played Animal Crossing before (when it came out on Gamecube) and I totally fell in love with this game back then. I played it a lot until the game disappeared (still missing....). Eventually I stopped looking for it and lost interest in attempting to replace it. I didn't even know that AC had a new version out until I got this game as a present (A few months prior I'd apparently brought up how I still hadn't found the original game, so my aunt thought that this would be the perfect present.) Needless to say, the urge to play the game was pretty strong. The nostalgia I get from this game is sooo strong! Blathers, Phyllis, Nook, etc are still there and it felt really good to see them again! A few things are slightly different from what I remember (Blathers not rambling (as much), becoming the mayor instead of meeting the mayor, and not needing to be Nook's errand person (to name a few)). But it's still Animal Crossing at its core.

My town's name is Cerulean (I...couldn't think of anything else when I played...) and my main (and only) character's name is Calypso. The villagers who are currently living here are Anicotti, Olivia, Tom, Lily, Rowan, Joey, Katt, Colton, Roald and Snake. For some reason, Rowan and Tom keep trying to leave...but I'm not letting them. Partly because I like them, and partly because my conscience gets to me when they start talking about how they feel they have so much more left to do here. I probably should just avoid them, but it's pretty hard when they never go home (and won't leave for 3 days) ._.

My favorite villagers are Lily (who was sweet enough to give me medicine for my horrible bee stings), Joey (who's sorta a glutton), Anicotti, and Olivia. Snake just moved in a couple of days ago, so I haven't really gotten a good feel for him yet. He seems like fun though! (even though he did totally scam me out of like 5k+ bells when he was camping....)

Now as for the clothing design in this game. This is my first design:

And these are the QR Codes for it if you guys want to use it:
ImageImageImageImage

I ended up re-designing it to try to add in ruffles for the skirt (This Guide Helped A LOT (This person also has another guide that explains how to make clothes in general)):

And these are the QR Codes for this design:
ImageImageImageImage

And to finish things off, my favorite room in my house (and most organized lol):

My friend code is here, just make sure you PM me first.

I don't have the dream studio yet, I keep putting it off then forgetting about it. But I'll be sure to start it up tomorrow and pay it off quickly.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hiroko » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:47 pm

Holy crap you're on a roll with the super useful links, Cerulean! : O DEFINITELY adding those to the main post, 'cause I'm still trying to figure out how to make nice clothes, myself. x'D And those are some very cute clothes there. Really impressive. ouo

Speaking of the flowers...lol, I'm having the same problem. There's a ton of flowers surrounding Hiroko's house (and, by proxy, Peanut's, since she lives very close to Hiroko. Which doesn't help the stalker problems, pfffft), and every day, it seems that more and more flowers are beginning to spread out all over. I've been trying to relocate some of the flowers to other areas, like around the other villagers' houses, or to kinda-sorta decorate some public works projects, like a street lamp or bench or whatever, but it's still such a disorganized mess. I need to buckle down one of these days and actually reorganize all the flowers in my town...and the trees. There's too many trees in my town, at least two people who have visited have commented/complained about smacking themselves numerous times in the "forest," heheheh...;;; Junie is stocking up on bundles of every fruit I have in preparation for when I decide to chop down most of the trees and replant new ones in more organized orchards and all. ...I'm sorta nervous about going through with it, though, 'cause I'd rather not make a mistake while cutting down trees and all. Aiii, but we shall see.

Still need to import my other photos, but here's a few from the last time I imported some. Mostly of Peanut, because...well...Peanut.

This was when I caught Peanut standing in front of Hiroko's house, btw. (It was also back when there was considerably less flowers around, as you can see, lol.)

ImageImage
Peanut... :|

ImageImageImage
Pffft.

And this was when I discovered that Gruff is a total tsundere:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Still one of the most cutest exchanges I've had with Gruff and this is why he is my favorite.
The Sentimental One

Postby Princess » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:04 pm

I'll have a 3DS this weekend! Gimme money and stuff. O.O
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:58 pm

@Hiroko They just sorta piled up as I was playing, just glad that I'm able to "share the wealth" elsewhere. Also, thanks, I'm sure you'll be able to make some cute designs soon too c:

pffft Peanut's hilarious, and Gruff seems adorable. I should start capping some of the stuff my villagers say too. So far, this is the only convo I've capped (of Joey).

so cute even when he's angry <3

And I finally finished my dream suite, so here's the code
Dream Address: 4800-3472-6270
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Princess » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:15 pm

I now own a 3DS and Animal Crossing. PM me for my friend code. Or if you have my Skype, message me there.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hiroko » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:51 pm

@Cerulean: You're welcome. And d'aww, Joey does look adorable even while mad... x'D

Anyways...WELL I HAVE NEWS FOR MY TOWN.

I was making the daily rounds with my mayor character, looking for any * marks on the ground to dig up and all, when I came across this on one of the cliffs in my Town.

Guys

GUYS

IT'S A JACOB'S LADDER.

WHICH MEANSSSSS

I HAVE A PERFECT TOWN. O_O Now let's see if I can keep it that way once I get to renovating it hahahaha.
The Sentimental One

Postby Princess » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:09 am

Aw crap! Congrats!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:04 am

Wow, Congratulations! :D One day, I'll get there too one day...
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hiroko » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:51 am

I got there from playing for too many hours late into the night hahahaha.

I really need to get around to posting other pictures that I want to post, but for now, here's a couple of pictures from the adventure Stuff, Liz and I had together:

Kapp'n's such a shipper. 8 |

And here we are after having successfully beaten the crap out of a poor defenseless robot for medals. XD
The Sentimental One

Postby Princess » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:27 am

HAHAHA I WAS WAITING FOR THOSE
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:59 am

Another Town Tune website I stumbled across. All of them are smushed together and sort of hard to read, but it does have a large selection. Another neat note is that if you want to save the tunes you like, you can use the Melody Creator on QR Crossing to create the tune, then save it. It'll provide a hyperlink that you can use to come back to, whenever you want.

As for AC:NL news, here's something that sort of shocked me. As I was walking around, looking for fossils, I fell into a hole.
Lily then popped up out of NOWHERE, looked me in the eyes with a huge smile.....

Then LEFT me there as she walked away with a shovel....
seems she's not as sweet as I thought >.>
still like her but still...
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hiroko » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:54 am

Ahh, neat! I'll add 'em to the main post. Thanks, Cerulean! ouo

And pffffft. That wasn't very nice of Lily. :c
The Sentimental One

Postby Princess » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:02 am

Still working on my town, but here's my dream address: 5900-3548-4740
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hiroko » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:19 pm

So like, this was one of the things Peanut did before.

Randomly shows up behind me with a shovel in hand while I'm checking my mail. Totally not creepy, nope. =u=;;;

Also interesting: Some of my villagers have started wearing Junie's clothes. Marshal was the first to start doing this.

ImageImage
The Sentimental One

Postby Ruxan Kikilin » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:26 pm

Haha. I have a feeling Lily was waiting around for you to fall into her pitfall seed trap, Cerulean.

You might want to keep an eye on Peanut, Hiroko. She might be a little... nutty. Teehee

I got the game the other day (yay) so I can also get a free downloadable copy of the Pokemon game (double yay!).

Town's still crazy new. As in I haven't even gotten 100% approval rating new. Although by now I should reached 100%, but I can't talk to Isabelle since today's St. Patty's Day.
dA
o -o

Postby Hiroko » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:06 am

Pfft. I'll say, Peanut certainly is nutters.

Also holy crap, yay! I wish I had been able to get the free copy myself, so that I'd have both Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, but blah.

Anyway, wish you luck on developing your town! It's quite a bit of a waiting-game during the beginning, but the game is just so addictive and cute. >u<
The Sentimental One

Postby Princess » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:12 pm

I DID IT
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hiroko » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:14 am

Congrats, Stuff!
The Sentimental One

Postby Ruxan Kikilin » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:08 pm

Hiroko - Aw darn. It'd be cool to have both pokemon games. : <

And thank you! I'm really enjoying this game as much as I enjoyed Wild World. Actually, I'm enjoying this game a lot more than Wild World since there's so much to do! So much customization, so many new things to discover, so many flowers. No, really. I've only bought back like a few pockets full of flowers from the island (and by that, I mean making sure every mini game island I go to becomes empty of flowers) and then they started invading my town! I've even got a few hybrid flowers during the first few days, compared to WW where I didn't see any until maybe a few weeks in.

Princess - CONGRATS!
dA
o -o

Next

Return to Snafu Gaming