The Survivor 2299 - Fallout 4?

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Survivor 2299 - Fallout 4?

Postby Whatis6times9 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:53 pm

The problem is you can't really announce a game that might still be a couple of years away still. There's plenty of games we know are being made but they want to avoid getting stuck with the label of Vaporware or hyping a game that might get rebuilt numerous times.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Millo » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:19 pm

Skyrim came out 2011, they haven't had any major productions since then. 2 years is more than enough time for the game to be announced and then another year of actual development.
Have you tried turn it off and on again?
QU:You look sad and frightened.
Stricken:i know this probably isn't the time or place now, but god damn millo is a hunk
Resident Illustrator

Postby Whatis6times9 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:31 pm

But they also did a ton of post launch maintenance on Skyrim between the DLC and all the patching needed. Also, new consoles, Elder Scrolls online and maybe rebuilding the game or other projects screwed up whatever time table.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Millo » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:49 pm

Whatis6times9 wrote:But they also did a ton of post launch maintenance on Skyrim between the DLC and all the patching needed.

If this were Morrowind and/or Oblivion I'd be more inclined to agree with you considering their DLC were full on expansion packs but Skyrim had a pretty lackluster DLC. Besides Elder Scrolls Online is being developed by a Zenimax studio, not Bethesda themselves.
Stricken:i know this probably isn't the time or place now, but god damn millo is a hunk
Resident Illustrator

Postby Whatis6times9 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:11 pm

I'm sure Bethesda is doing quite a bit of overseeing and probably even some work on getting it out the door and fitting their expectations.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Millo » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:40 pm

I actually heard good things about the BETA. Although with MMO's I tend to be skeptical all the way till release
Resident Illustrator

Postby Archrival » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:31 pm

If you guys want some post apocalyptic fun time while you wait for new info, steam now has Wasteland (the grandaddy of Fallout, without this game/franchise there would be no Fallout) 2 available on early access.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Millo » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:46 am

I unfortunately heard not so good things about Wasteland 2. Some people are complaining that the combat system is too close to shadowrun returns which to me isn't that bad because I actually quite liked the shadowrun returns combat system. But others have remarked that the art is awful and if that's true I'm going to have a tough time enjoying it
Resident Illustrator

Postby Archrival » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:13 am

It is still in beta stage so it has it's flaws, the graphic design is not bad but it handles slowly unless put on the fastest/lowest graphic setting. But I'm sure this will sort itself out as they patch it up, however there are quite a number of game breaking bugs such as; when going to travel from an encounter the loading screen will stay up even with your mouse arrow becoming the travel pointer and being able to travel about the map, and upon getting two locations as part of the story when selecting to fast travel to them from the map the map will not disappear even with your marker moving towards that location and getting the story frequency response.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Asmodai » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:42 am

On the upside, it does appear that Bethesda is currently working on Fallout 4, as Kotaku managed to get their hands on all sorts of documents pointing in that direction.
Mephobiac

Postby Millo » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:04 pm

They'll probably still use that shitty shitty creation engine.
Resident Illustrator

Postby Asmodai » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:15 am

Well... Duh

That engine can still pull its own, and it would be far too expensive to develop a new engine
Mephobiac

Postby Millo » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:37 pm

Asmodai wrote:Well... Duh

That engine can still pull its own, and it would be far too expensive to develop a new engine

I disagree, I think that the engine is a piece of crap and if any other company tried to get away with the amount of bugs and crashes that Creation Engine games have they would be burned at the stake
Resident Illustrator

Postby Archrival » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:59 pm

Well Wasteland 2 is actually not too bad once gotten into, the frame-rate is not great even on fastest setting but it's still playable and quite fun, taking on a band of bandits and just mopping them up with your squad is a delight, just got to my first 'town' with a shop and blew through all my scrap which is the currency.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Previous

Return to Snafu Gaming