Literature Contest Voting Thread

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Literature Contest Voting Thread

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:06 pm

Heading to first we have Freak and Tuor with 3 each.
Asinerta and Blood each with 2
CTC with 1.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:28 pm

May the best man win!

NO BRIBING. :P
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:00 am

Bribing? Fuck that, where's QU.

Wait. That only works in polls...
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:07 am

We've had more entries than votes :(
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:14 am

Terrible, just terrible.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Riz » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:21 am

I vote for Tuor
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack

Postby Storm » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:11 am

Like quite a few, but I like CTCFirebird's most. Open-ended, intriguing enough. Want to know more, haha.

Postby Sky360 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:22 am

Hey everybody, I'm new here and wow such great stories! This literature contest is over... Bummer, I wish that I could've been here sooner, but it too late.

Uh, I'm gonna put my vote on CTCFirebird. I really love the title and it does seem quite scary to me. yup! i could imagin things like thatt happening in your house. It sounds to me the guy isn't really much of a fighter to be scared ike that. To me this story seems quite open as Storm said!

Just wonderiing. why nobody indented?

Postby Tuor » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:24 am

Hmm, convenient that Storm and Sky360 are posting from the same IP as CTCFirebird
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby CTCFirebird » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:30 am

Uh... What? 0_o Same IP? What are you talking about? How could I be two places at once or three as a matter of fact?
Last edited by CTCFirebird on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am the Winner

Postby Tuor » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:31 am

You tell me. All of Storm's posts and Sky360's post are all from the same IP as your last post in here. Combined with the fact that they registered 5 minutes apart from each other on the same day, and I'm kinda suspicious
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby CTCFirebird » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:43 am

Dude, I only have a MacBook Pro and I basically role with CTCFirebird, CTC_Firebird, or even Anim(e)CTCFirebird. So, I have no idea what you're talking about. Plus, I'm by myself here.
I am the Winner

Postby Sky360 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:45 am

uh hey what's goin on?

Postby Tuor » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:46 am

Me being curious how 3 users are posting from the same IP
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby CTCFirebird » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:49 am

I'm confused myself how I can have the same IP as someone else
I am the Winner

Postby Exodis » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:27 am

He's sayin' you created 2 more accounts to have them vote for you, which is against the rules not only in this contest but on this site.
I'm sorry Firbird, but I am a bit suspicious as well... this just can't be a crazy coincidence.
The Kid

Postby Thy Obsessive Freak » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:13 am

I'd pull my vote and vote for myself like Tour and Bloodlord, but then we'd have an awkward draw and the only person that would've voted for Bloodlord... Is Bloodlord! So I'll just accept defeat with... What do you call it? Grace?

Anyways do we care if Firebird's got a mysterious two votes for the purposes of the competition (We can leave the moderators to sort out the broken rule), he's still lost.
Anyone want ta take look at my own comic?

http://walrusm3.deviantart.com/

The art's quite modest, but I'm told the story's fun.
An obsessed freak

Postby noxux » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:23 am

That is really suspicious CTCFirebird, two guys that joined the same day and it join 5 minutes after the other AND the same IP.

By the way who are tie right now?
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
Pabst:"Aww, you're no fun Noxux.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby Vegedus » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:33 am

And they're posting at a difference in time that's about that of logging out and in with a different account...

Generally, two computers cannot have the same IP. Their internet won't work properly if they do, it's pretty much the most fundamental part of the internet procedure. I guess there can be some funny business with the IP if they're on the same network, on the same router (which they obviously shouldn't be), but it really shouldn't happen. The most logical explanation is definitely that it's the same computer. How accurate Snafu's IP reader thing is, I wouldn't know. Can you see the e-mails of each account Tuor?

And yeah, it matters, because even if he isn't winning, it's very much against the spirit of the competition, and a super slimy thing to do.
Last edited by Vegedus on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Q.U. » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:20 am

Blood Lord wrote:Bribing? Fuck that, where's QU.

Wait. That only works in polls...

Voting is magic, Blordy. Magic works everywhere.

But you have to know what you're doing to make it work. Don't ask amateurs like Firebird for help.

But I'm not going to vote because I didn't read any of the entries.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby CTCFirebird » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:28 am

Oy... Ima post a PM that I wrote to BeeAre cause he PM'ed me about the situation.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
BeeAre,

I did not create alternate accounts. When has anyone here know me here to do so? tch... I don't cheat to win on anything and quite frankly I never have a reason to lie. So, I don't. All I do is speak my mind on the subject and that's it. I was on at the same time as Sky360 in the Literature voting contest thread. Pretty impossible for me to be at two places like that and even though if I did in one laptop and/or in this forum, I would have keep on logging off this account and going to log in the other which I really haven't the strength for and it would be really exasperating for myself to do so.

Believe me, I know that creating alternate accounts is against the rules ESPECIALLY when voting myself, but I NEVER had a situation like this before for where I would do such a thing. I don't really have any friends here.

This account, CTCFirebird, is a SN I'm known for in lots of forums and websites out there, so I wouldn't trade that for anything, but one other also goes by CTCFirebird and he lives all the way in California (I'm back and forth from time to time with NY and FL) and he and I are back and forth with the SN, but we're good friends. Thing is, his initials is CTC and his favorite car is the Firebird. Me, Firebird is my original character I've created a long time ago and the team is CTC. If I had alternate accounts, it would be the ones I've listed right there in the thread itself.

I'm currently in celebrating my hindu festival. Its Diwali. So, I really don't need any pressure and/or stress from anyone - from anywhere.

Winning or losing... Don't mean much to me. We're all winners at heart and that is what us awesome as to what we achieve. If getting voted a bit more than the other person is what makes you guys think like I have alternate accounts, then you can DQ me from the contest or just put me down for Storm's vote and call it a day. For some reason, it sounds like someone is jealous or whatever, but I think its for the best before things get out of hand. Cause to me, 1 vote makes the difference and I feel obliged by that. As for having the same IP as someone else, that's where I'm most baffled at. If getting votes and creating alt accounts or whatever is all ya guys care about that you have to cheat to do it or whatever cause might be, then I feel sorry for that person.

Anyways, I hope ya guys make a decision on what to do.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Last edited by CTCFirebird on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am the Winner

Postby Love.Dreamer » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:33 am

Hope im not too late, I vote for Tuor's
Hiroko: You monster.
Seriously a Lady.

Location: its none of your concern, you pig in human clothes.

Postby Tuor » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:52 pm

I like the insinuation that I'm just being jealous when I'm doing my job, haha
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:53 pm

Not to mention you're in the lead.
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Vegedus » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:58 pm

CTCFirebird wrote:As for having the same IP as someone else, that's where I'm most baffled at. If getting votes and creating alt accounts or whatever is all ya guys care about that you have to cheat to do it or whatever cause might be, then I feel sorry for that person.

... I'm not sure if you just don't understand how IPs work, or you're insinuating someone else cheated by "framing" you.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

PreviousNext

Return to Literature