Video Game Concept Art

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Video Game Concept Art

Postby Wulfespinndel » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:37 am

I'm not always passionate about some of the games I play, but when I am, one of the first things I do after re-watching the best cutscenes and listening to the music score is looking at the concept art. I want to start by posting some of the recent images for Mabinogi Heroes/Vindictus's new 7th class character Hurk (Mabinogi Heroes name, Vindictus name not yet decided as of this post.)

Some things I think about when looking at concept art is 'why didn't they make a costume out of this or that' if a video game has alternate costumes for playable characters. Other times, me and perhaps a few others may end up finding inspiration for certain designs that end up influencing the final product of something being created by my hands or theirs. Concept art also allows us to have somewhat of an insight on what the developers were thinking about at the time, and possibly what their original intentions were and why they had to go a certain direction.

So without further ado, here is Hurk, from Mabinogi Heroes/Vindictus. Oh, and I want to show you DmC Dante's original jacket for DmC Devil May Cry, a jacket I felt that should have been use for his Neo Dante costume, and two other concept art images from the game too.

HURK

DmC DANTE

Feel free to post some of your favorite concept arts if you'd like.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Re: Video Game Concept Art

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:23 am

Here's a thread that's right up my ally.

Hope you don't mind if I start off with a game that's not out yet. This is called Kaiju Combat and here's some monster concepts from the game. No idea how many of them will make the final product.

Resident Evil concept art (tried to steer clear of some of the nastier stuff on purpose in case no one want to see it):

Song Bird concept art:

Okami concept art:
Bark

Re: Video Game Concept Art

Postby Wulfespinndel » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:41 pm

Oh man some of the stuff you have here is nice, especially the Resident Evil ones. The William Birkin drawing looks old and kind of rare.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Return to Snafu Gaming