Switch to full style
100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.
Post a reply

Monolith Soft's "X" - Xenoblade 2?

Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:35 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GxUMMGyZcM

Same mechanics, and the X at the end does look like Xenoblade.

Re: Monolith Soft's "X" - Xenoblade 2?

Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:21 am

Goddammit, I was reading this Nintendo announcement just the other day where they mentioned this by name, but I can't find it now.

Oh, found it. The article actually misquotes, it's never explicitly mentioned that it's a sequel to xenosaga. Eh, doens't matter anyway. Watching the video, it seems obvious it's gonna be similar to Xenoblade in gameplay, and as long as it's just as good, I don't care what they name it. Xenoblade isn't really a game that needs a direct continuation, story-vise, so it doesn't matter if it's a sequel or a new IP.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:58 pm

Aesthetic looks great so does the gameplay, would have been even more impressive if you could grab on to the monsters and hit them that way too ala SoTC. Looks like you'll need the normal Controller to play this one, i can't imagine how this would feel with such a big controller and a screen in the way

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:13 am

If you guys pay attention to the teaser closer, you'll notice it has Co-op, most likely online, built in

Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:22 pm

Yeah, it has a chat log, and the chat was translated as comments on the size of the monsters, so there's likely to be a co-op feature.

The character at the end looks exactly like Shulk, even the eye color, so this might really be a Xenoblade sequel.
Post a reply