Switch to full style
100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.
Post a reply

Re: Last video game you bought

Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:53 pm

Just pre-ordered The Evil Within. Looking forward to seeing what Shinji Mikami's doing with it.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:36 am

I've heard mixed reviews on it but most of the negatives have been "the character doesn't really react when something scary happens" which is stupid because the character isn't the one who should be reacting when scary shit happens.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:58 am

For the most part, Isaac Clarke never budged when friggin' necromorphs busted out of the vents, too. So yeah, the players the one who should be reacting. The character can, but it's not necessary for the game to be good. I just wanna see if the creator of Resident Evil can make a true survival horror game like he did when he defined the genre.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:44 am

Saint Soul wrote:when is that shit gonna actually come out? been waiting forever.

Watch Dogs gets released May 27th on all systems but WiiU, which is being delayed til late summer now.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:18 am

Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm

Irritating as hell that I need an active internet connection to play it, but whatever.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:50 pm

Purchased Super Mario 3D World for my Wii U today. The game is so much fun with it's tiny gimmicks involving the Wii U gamepad, the music has a beat that makes you keep on playing and all 4 starting characters have their stats equal to those of Super Mario 2 from the NES.
Downside is that the fucking catsuit is creepy.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:45 pm

I've got portal 2 on the PC for me and my brother!

Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:44 pm

Be prepared to be called a "fatty" on multiple occasions.

Here, let me help you get used to it. You are a fat fatty. Here's some cake. Fatty.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:01 pm

I actually played it once a few years ago as a rental. It was actually the first valve game I played.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:49 pm

Asides from left4dead, me too. But everything changed when the orange box was bought...

Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:44 pm

Last game I bought was Rust for Mac. Nothing like bashing peoples head in with rocks while your disappointingly sized junk swings about! .... plus LOTS of dying.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:17 am

Final fantasy 14. Bioshock infinite. Blazblue continuum shift extended. Warlords of Draenor.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:18 am

Zelosse wrote:Final fantasy 14.

Original, or Realm Reborn?

Also, Yay! Bioshock!

Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:28 am

Sigment wrote:Yay! Bioshock!

You've made a great choice Zelosse!

Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:14 am

Zelosse wrote:Warlords of Draenor.
You still WoW? Did you buy it for full price?

Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:48 am

To answer all in order;

Yes, realm reborn. Im on the server Siren.

Thank you Exodis. I regret not having the time to play it..

I did buy it for full price. I need something to DO, man! We'll see if Final Fantasy 14 and Wildstar can trump it.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:00 am

I forgot to mention before that I purchased all 3 Bioshock games on the 360 when they went on sale for 75% off a few weeks back. Worth every penny.

Also, getting Child of Light in a couple days. Not sure if I want it on 360 or the WiiU. Probably WiiU for the semi-portable factor.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:26 pm

Child of light? Do tell. I saw an ad for it but paid in no mind.

Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:37 am

It's an RPG with a really really beautiful art design to it. That alone was enough to attract me to it, but everything I've heard about between reviews and others that have played it said the RPG system itself and the story are excellent as well. It only runs about 12-ish hours long, but it's only $15 on all systems, including Steam.

Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:45 am

Sold.

Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:20 pm

Bought it at midnight last night and I'm loving every bit of it. The only thing that's slightly annoying is all the rhyming, but it's a minor thing. The leveling system seems to be pretty quick, as I went from lvl 1 to 10 in a matter of 30 mins, but the skill point system is pretty deep, so it maybe it'll extend out a lot more as it goes. The fights though are great. Trying to manage attacking with the "slow-glow" system it has is pretty neat.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:37 am

Not sure if this thread is dead or not, but I couldn't think of a better place.

Bought Zone of the Enders: HD Collection. Played both games growing up, and as short a pair of games that they are, they're still fun as hell.

Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:41 pm

I miss this thread~

So, courtesy to the Steam Summer Sale, I've bought Don't Starve, Castle Crashers, Counter-Strike: Source, and System Shock. All these games cost me less than $13. o3o

Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm

Bought Shadowrun Deluxe Edition along with the DLC for under $10 just before Steam Sales ended! :)
Post a reply