Last video game you bought

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Last video game you bought

Postby Brax4 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:03 am

I was close with AC2, I think I'm only missing 2 achievements. Brotherhood is pretty spectacular though.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Brax4 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:16 pm

Technically, I didn't really purchase these, but Magic The Gathering 2013 and World Series of Poker : Full House Pro are available for free download on XBLA.

Both are great card games in their own aspect. WSOP seems to be a bit buggy though. But it's also just in Beta.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:07 pm

I just got my first laptop and got a bunch of free steam games.

I got planetside 2, team Fortress 2. Star trek online, and a few others that are downloading.
Awaken child and embrace the glory of your jimmies. Know that we are the triune, the eternal will of rustling, and that you are created to serve us.
Shhh no tears only nightmares now

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:42 pm

Does DLC count?

Just getting the three map packs for Halo 4 and the Infinity Armor Pack. I'm going to get my ODST armor back!
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:23 pm

You mean the champions bundle? I got that too. I had a blast using all of that armor that no one can get for free to turn my spartan into the greatest badass ever. The weapon skins were awesome too. A bug however is when I play spartan ops, the armor appears to be a recruit.
Awaken child and embrace the glory of your jimmies. Know that we are the triune, the eternal will of rustling, and that you are created to serve us.

Postby Brax4 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:48 pm

I got it as well, but currently haven't played it.. Too many other games to play, but tonight I decided to see what all the hullabaloo was about with this armor and such. Now I'm just waiting for this update............ UUUUGH.

------------------------------
EDIT : The armor looks amazing, pretty much went full Mark V except on shoulders and helmet. Shoulders are Ricochet and helmet is Enforcer.

As for your guys concerns about Spartan Ops, I'm sure they'll fix the bug soon.
Last edited by Brax4 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:14 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:You mean the champions bundle? I got that too. I had a blast using all of that armor that no one can get for free to turn my spartan into the greatest badass ever. The weapon skins were awesome too. A bug however is when I play spartan ops, the armor appears to be a recruit.

Yeah, I've just noticed that. Really disappointing. Bad-ass armor, and I'm a defaulted recruit. Bleh.

You need to hit me up on Live some time and we'll do some games.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:30 pm

I got garry's mod, just now. I hadn't really done much, but I had a blast with this spiderman gun mod.

Postby Tuor » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:11 pm

My friend bought me Witcher 2 for my birthday, I had noticed it a couple months ago when we were in the video game store because the cover art looked pretty bad ass, and I was looking for a new rpg. so ya. I'm pretty excited to play it.

"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Sigment » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:38 pm

DMC HD Collection. It wasn't until now that I understood why everyone hated DMC2. Still, the other two make it worth it.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Valmer » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:20 am

Tuor wrote:My friend bought me Witcher 2 for my birthday, I had noticed it a couple months ago when we were in the video game store because the cover art looked pretty bad ass, and I was looking for a new rpg. so ya. I'm pretty excited to play it.

The Witcher 2 is an incredible game. CD Projekt RED became one of my favorite development houses with that release(the first game was pretty good too). Can't wait for number 3 to get released.

Most recent for me was Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. The original release was garbage, but this? Aside from some serious server problems the first week or so, SE has done an incredible job on it. It's good to be playing an MMO with my old guild, too. Even if I don't spend as much time playing MMOs as I used to.

Postby Cerulean » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:04 pm

Coincidentally enough, FFXIV:ARR was also my most recent purchase. Did you play FFXI as well? Any particular class preference? As for myself, lately I have been drifting more towards CNJ/WHM for the heals and buffs (plus it would seem that everyone needs a healer nowadays). My favorite character in XI was RDM, and I miss it so much. It's a shame that there are barely any people on the servers there now.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:50 pm

By the time I left FFXI I was a Lv. 40/20 DRK/WAR Human (or whatever they called the Humans in there) Greatsword-wielder. Never had a chance to go for the Drain Scroll.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Cerulean » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:29 pm

To be honest, I don't remember the levels of my job classes from XI. I remember being forced to level the other classes to at least 15 (so that I could unlock the higher level quests) but most of my focus belonged to BLM, RDM and WHM. I preferred playing the jobs that focused on magic, but didn't get the chance to try BLU, SMN or SCH at all before I left. I was a Mithra then, and I'm a Miqo'te (both clans) now.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Exodis » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:52 pm

I got Sonic Adventure DX: Directors Cut (FINALLY FOUND A COPY!!) and the first Splinter Cell game, both for the Gamecube, at the store I go to a lot.
Sucky part: no booklet.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Greatest Post To Ever Grace This Forum
Hail to the Savior

Postby Hiroko » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:01 am

Picked up used copies of Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Pikmin 2 for the Wii from a Book-Off the other day. Haven't touched Pikmin 2 yet, and started to play a little of Twilight Princess before my brother took over. :u Haven't had the time to continue playing either at the moment, though I'm anxious to try out Pikmin 2 already.
The Sentimental One

Postby Exodis » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:06 am

That's where I got SA: DX and Splinter Cell as well Hiroko! Book-Off's one awesome place. I literally go there 3 times a day, just to see what they have.

Hail to the Savior

Postby Havoc » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:10 am

I got Metal Gear Rising Revengeance new for $15.00 from Best Buy. I'm feeling pretty good about that.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Fievel » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:10 am

Got Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed yesterday. Goddamn is it fun.
Offended.

Postby Whatis6times9 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:05 pm

GTA V.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:01 pm

the entire Star wars jedi knight series. At last. I have reacquired Star Wars: Jedi Knight 2 after so many years. It has been so long since I obtained the game. VICTORY IS MINE!!! COMMENCE NOSTALGIA!!!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:13 pm

Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Took me long enough as it seems. But dang, that was the first time in a long time I played a game on long sit downs. It really gave me that whole "just one more turn" mentality. It was really hard for me to put the game down.
Bark

Postby Exodis » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:00 am

I got CoD: Black Ops as a birthday gift. Although I'm not much of a Cod, I might as well have at least a copy from the series.
Let's see how the game goes.

Hail to the Savior

Postby Sigment » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:43 am

Black Ops (assuming we're talking about the first one) was not that bad. I actually had fun playing it, which was something I couldn't often say about the others. The thing that pissed me off about it, though, was how much stuff is ripped off from other games. The Theater system, Gun Game, One in the Chamber, just to name a few. They were taken from other games and plenty of CoD idiots out there are dumb enough to believe that Treyarch and Activision came up with them.

At the very least, the multiplayer doesn't feel too bullshitty.

The Resident Smartass

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:35 am

The call of duty franchise isn't that keen on innovation from my point of view. Its all about releasing another game before the end of November.

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu Gaming