XCOM: Enemy Unknown

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Postby Senel » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:31 am

So, Monday night I was first in line at the Call of Doody Blops event just so I could pick up a copy of XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Might sound like a lame thing to be doing but the girl I've been seeing went with me. So wasn't too bad. :p

Anyway I fucking love this game. Like, absbdjkbvbkjsdvjsd it's fantastic. From the getgo I wanted to get a soldier through the story without dying then the one I was focusing on actually did get killed so I was like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, then I realized that I had another who had been injured for like seventeen weeks. So now he's like my super awesome veteran Sniper who never dies and pulls off crazy critical hits whenever I need him. Guess that's why the game nicknamed him "Ice".

Any stories you guys have?
Pelvic Sorcery

Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Postby Asmodai » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:41 pm

Do a classic difficulty with Ironman mode playthrough, its sssssooooo much fun!

Ran a sniper from the start of the game, all the way till the end. Squad View is a must! It extends your range by so much and once you get Double Tap, you can pretty much kill anything.

Except for Sectopods, fuck Sectopods
Mephobiac

Postby Vegedus » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:33 pm

I have a save half-way through an ironman classic, but got distracted and am now supposed to spend more time on study.

It's a great game. Better than it has the right to be. I never really expected we get a quality, faithful X-Com remake in this day and age. I hope this isn't the last turnbased tactical game we see.

I like killing stuff point blank with Assault dudes. It's fun.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Glahardt » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:22 am

Tried starting an Ironman game.
Got bored a few missions in. :I

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:17 am

I was excited to find that this game did very well; I know someone who did voice acting in the game that I'm subscribed to on YouTube. He was the bald guy in the HD trailer, and he has the video featuring his voice acting on his account, jon3pnt0.

And for a reboot, the game's doing very good.
"Where we are, there’s daggers in men’s smiles."
KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Reset. Recalibrate.

Return to Snafu Gaming