Bloodborne

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Bloodborne

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:29 pm

Okay, it might be a bit too early to start up a thread that talks about Bloodborne... but I really want to talk about Bloodborne.

First off here's a very recent game play trailer, which was something I was waiting for before I made a thread like this:

I had thought about just talking about this in the DS2 thread, but I figured this game deserves its own thread. So if you want to talk about Bloodborne, go nuts. Talk about what you'd like to see, hope to see, what we've already seen, any theories you may have about what's going on in the game, what you think about the graphics, the more aggressive fighting style the game seems to be going for or anything else you can think of.

I for one right now want to talk about the setting an the architecture we've seen in the trailers. I love the look of this game, not just the backgrounds either, the enemies look good and scary, and as someone who's played the souls game with the mind set of taking on a hardcore survival horror this pleases me because it fosters that mentality. The monsters look threatening and ugly and I can't wait to try and kill them.

But the designs of the environments and the architecture that's shown in the trailer just speaks to me. I like dark fantasy as much as the next guy, but this dark gothic setting that's been amped up to 11 is so nasty and beautifully done, I just want to explore every inch of these places and find new things to pick up to kill or avoid or whatever.

After three games with a dark fantasy setting, I welcome this change in setting and it opens up the door for all kinds of things we haven't seen done in past games.

We all had our little problems with DS2, but Bloodborne looks awesome.

I hope we get more of the "Metorid-vania" style game play that we know from Dark 1 where in someway the places are all connected and link and you're exploring this huge place and finding shortcuts, which is really the only thing I really want out of it and in a game done in this setting it would be a big addition into the feel of the game.

There's other things I want to say about the game, but its just mainly me making theories and whatnot. If you got something you want to say about Bloodborne go on ahead.
Bark

Re: Bloodborne

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:50 am

I really want to post this gameplay videos, so since no one else has posted yet, I'm gonna go ahead and double post. Its been a while and it would be cool to check out the gameplay if you're interested.

The most interesting part is while our hero character is fighting these werewolf looking beasties, another fighter jumps in to help. Could this be a little demo of what co-op might be like, or is it showing how passing npcs will help you?
Bark

Postby OrangeBee » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:31 pm

reminds me of dark souls.

The game looks like fun
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:41 pm

Fun fact:
This is being made by From, who are the same guys who made Dark Soul 1&2 and Demon's Souls.
Bark

Postby Sig Skellington » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:35 pm

Also the guys that made the Armored Core and Chromehound games, but I may be the only one that cares about that here.

Anyway, the game definitely looks interesting, and I may look onto getting it.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Zelosse » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:45 am

Pretty sure I made a post about this before I left, but there's also a game called Lord of the Fallen coming out that follows the themes of the soul universe apparently.
Quests, deadly world, powerful artifacts, etc.

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:20 am

Sigment wrote:Also the guys that made the Armored Core and Chromehound games, but I may be the only one that cares about that here.

Dude, I fucking LOVE Armored Core. Just not 5. Its emphases on multiplayer and nonlinear missions did not do the game well.

I've played 2, 3, 4, 4 Answer, and a bit of 5. Gotta say 2 is my favorite.

But on topic, I've been following Bloodborne a lot, but as of this exact moment, it seems very poorly optimized. It struggles to maintain 30 FPS, and dips into 15 at times. I'm sure it will be fixed as the game development continues, but if it can't at least maintain a constant 30 FPS, I won't be getting this game at all. There are limits, and below the barely reasonable 30 FPS is the limit.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Vegedus » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:58 am

PS4 exclusive? Didn't they burn their hands on that with Demon's Souls? A shame.

Zelosse wrote:Quests, deadly world, powerful artifacts, etc.

Barring the middle one, those are circa the least prominent themes of Dark Souls, and the most prominent of every. other. fantasy. game. ever. made.
Last edited by Vegedus on Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:21 pm

@Sigment & Bird:

I've not played much of the armor core games, but I do know of them and think they're pretty enjoyable. As for the frame rate issues, it could just be the youtube video, I've seen people argue over if the frame rate slows down in some youtube videos or not, but I have no idea which side is right because as usual its all a bunch of childish name calling. But for the sake of it, lets just say that the frame rate does need improving, I too hope they will do it and I'm sure they will. This is still just an early demo so there's still plenty of time to improve.

@Zelosse:

I had not heard of the game you mentioned so I looked it up and my first reaction to seeing the game play was, "Man, does that look like the Souls games."
When you've been staring at something for the past few years, it gets kind of hard to miss.
At least the devs freely admit to it being HEAVILY inspired by the Souls games.
I don't mind just one game trying to be like the Souls games, but I hope this doesn't become a thing. Doubt it will though. Part of the reason why people got angry with COD was because everyone wanted to be like COD so they copy and pasted the formula over and over again too the point the communiry grew hostile too it. It would be a jump to assume that would happen here, I hope the devs of this game go on to make more challenging titles, only with their own ideas. The game does look nice though, but I don't know if I'll play it.

@Vegedus:
I don't think From is very much worried about burning here. Other than PS4, there's the other nextgen platforms, the Xbone and the Wii-U. None of the Souls games have been on the Wii-U because I recall a dev saying it might not have the right audience for these games... even though I own one and have played all the Souls games, and I've played their survival horror game "Ku-On" which if you look up a screen shot you'll see a certain hud that may look familiar by just a little.
Then there's the Xbone, which I still don't give a shit about and isn't selling as well as a PS4, or so I've heard.

BUT, that does leave PC...

And I would be surprised if this didn't see a PC release eventually. I haven't heard if it will, but like I said I would surprised if there aren't some plans for a PC release. Dark One eventually got to PC. If it doesn't, sorry faithful PC players who want to play this.

However all that aside, it can still be risky to make any game an exclusive title.
Bark

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:23 pm

Gonna double post again to post this video here, it has some cool new gameplay footage and a release date of Feb. 6, 2015:
Bark

Return to Snafu Gaming