Alan Wake's American Nightmare(spoilers)

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Alan Wake's American Nightmare(spoilers)

Postby Dresden » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:18 am

My favorite in-game writer returns to Xbox arcade in this latest entry into the Alan Wake series, continuing where the Writer DLC for Alan Wake left off, Alan is dropped into a town called night springs chasing his evil doppelganger Mr. Scratch. The core gameplay remains the same, and the story is very sub-par, with Alan stuck in a time loop, completing the same tasks three times over, although some have different results. The ending is unexpectedly bad, having expected an epic boss battle with Mr. Scratch instead he just vaporizes into ashes after being hit with a projector booth light. Manuscript pages are a must to find to unlock better weapons: sawed-off, assault rifle, Uzi, among other things. for a direct download the game scenery looks gorgeous. The expanded gun library is nice too, with nice additions to the game. I was expecting a lot but I have to remember this is an arcade title. I think Remedy is saving its best for last. Oh and last but not least, Remedy knows how to incorporate music into their games. New songs specifically written for Alan Wake and his counterpart Mr. Scratch by Poets of the Fall. All in all its good for the first hour, but once your in the time loop it just gets old, but considering its a direct download its worth the $15.
it's said war - war never changes
Men do, through the roads they walk

Re: Alan Wake's American Nightmare(spoilers)

Postby Asmodai » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:44 am

I'm looking forward to it releasing on the PC

Although the more action packed approach is turning me off, I prefer thriller over horror
Mephobiac

Postby Dresden » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:11 pm

I still enjoyed it for the most part. Although it doesn't set itself up for another game, I feel like this isn't the last time we will see Alan
it's said war - war never changes
Men do, through the roads they walk

Postby addy00 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:05 am

bot
Last edited by Panty Anarchy on Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: bot

Return to Snafu Gaming