Kootra of "thecreatures" get SWAT raided

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Kootra of "thecreatures" get SWAT raided

Postby Wulfespinndel » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:23 am

Hello everyone. First off, I guess I could say that it's good to be back, but I still don't know. On the other hand however, The Extrovert Booty Society aka Spam is heading towards a unique direction, so that's quite considerable enough. Just keep the drama low okay?

That said, I just got news from boogie2988 that a gamer by the name of Kootra that was doing a livestream of Counter Strike was recently swatted. Out of respect for some users here, I'm just going to link the videos.

boogie2988's video on Swatting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVUwZjSUBXc

Kootra being Swatted (the Swatting begins within the first minute):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz8yLIOb2pU

reddit discussion on the SWAT raid:
http://www.reddit.com/r/TheCreatures/co ... t_swatted/

I don't understand why such a thing would happen. And I don't know what else is going on since I've just been informed. I will say that this is a terrible thing to have happened. This is also considering the ongoing militarization of the police as seen with the Police Officers at Ferguson. I'm going to try and find more information about Swatting but in the mean time, I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts. Lastly, there may be chances that the video showing Kootra being Swatted could be taken down, and while I highly doubt it, I won't rule out this being a possibility. I wish Kootra well now that he's doing okay.
"Where we are, there’s daggers in men’s smiles."
KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Reset. Recalibrate.

Re: Kootra of "thecreatures" get SWAT raided

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:28 am

There are evil people on the internet who will do what they can to get a laugh.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Postby ULTRADJ » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:06 am

I really can't believe this actually becoming a thing. First I heard of it was a teenager doing to another teen after said teen lost a CoD match. Now, of course, it's happening more.
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:37 pm

Wulfespinndel wrote:On the other hand however, The Extrovert Booty Society aka Spam is heading towards a unique direction, so that's quite considerable enough. Just keep the drama low okay?

Wulfespinndel wrote:Out of respect for some users here, I'm just going to link the videos.

What ever you are trying to love tap with all of this, stop it. You have a problem, bring it up with a moderator, instead of using passive aggressive hints towards something.

Now with this topic of getting "swatted", its a dick move, but I'm honestly not surprised about it. More surprised that they know where to call the police to.

Postby Wulfespinndel » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:55 am

Blood Lord wrote:More surprised that they know where to call the police to.

I'm not surprised about that. Everything I was told years ago as a kid regarding posting information on the internet seems rather ironic now that we have these Swatting pranks. And Social Media.
"Where we are, there’s daggers in men’s smiles."
KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Reset. Recalibrate.

Return to Snafu Gaming