HATRED the game

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

HATRED the game

Postby OrangeBee » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:38 pm

fucking hell mate
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Re: HATRED the game

Postby Q.U. » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:49 pm

They believe bad publicity is still publicity. It's an edgy game for edgy teens, like Carmageddon was back in the day.
Won't be a big hit either way.

I like how Epic Games cut ties and claimed their Unreal logo was used without permission.
Grow a pair, Epic. No matter how dumb or bad a game is it's still just a game. Condemning it to make a point about your morality is stupid.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Senel » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:19 pm

Did Jack Thompson make this?

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:21 pm

Mindless brutal killing for the sake of just killing? I'd buy that.

They pretty much made a game of what I'd like to do sometimes in real life.
Just Rockin

Postby Sig Skellington » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:29 pm

I was laughing for a good while at how stupid this looks. And yet, I expect a good many people will get this. Why? Some people are just fucked up.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby OrangeBee » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:35 pm

Every game where you can kill anything ever
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:12 pm

A while ago I use that youtube video of the Powerpuff Girls laughing their asses off at random shit as an example of how hilariously bad I found something and here I'm tempted to use it again.

This is just... just... stupid. Is so stupid its funny to me. Its like some emo teenager waving his hands in front of a camera going, "Look at me! Look at me! Look how edgy I am! I don't want your attention or approval, but look at me!"

We got some run of the mill Nathan Explosion character design with just awful, awful dialogue that pretty much equates to, "Blah, blah, kill, blah, blah, hate," and whatever bullshit a circle jerk of writers sitting around saying, "What will make kids buy our game and give us a lot of free publicity from the press who think video games are destroying today's youth?"

It's trying so hard to be shocking and edgy I can't help but see it as this stupid little thing that ends up being good for just that first little laugh that comes from the initial shock of how dumb this thing really is being. Its trash, its shlock, its just awful. Even as a farce it fails.

The icing on the cake of this whole ridiculous mess would be if the game play is abhorrent and broken, or just plain generic and boring. I'm sure it will be one of the two since the only idea they seem have for this is, "OH LOOK AT THIS! KILL! KILL! KILL! DIE! DIE! DIE!"

And lets not forget the amount of texture pop ins given the engine its running on.

Once this games inevitable 15 minutes of fame are up, the world will forget about it and continue on spinning, the media will find its next pixel boogyman that they must protect the drooling, window licking, idiotic public from with their ever growing wisdom and compassion. At least in what little controversy they're so obviously trying to heat up, there might be some entertainment from that, as for the game itself... I think I'll pass.

Much like Goat Simulator, this game is a joke.

Whoo, haven't let that side of me out in a while.
Bark

Postby OrangeBee » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:53 pm

And much like goat simulator, it was made as a joke.
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

ShitPoster

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:26 pm

Except in this case the joke isn't even remotely funny past the initial shock of it and you start to realize its nothing but tasteless shock humor. Its like jump scares in horror movies which isn't much different from jumping out from behind a corner and shouting at someone to scare them.
Sure, you get a reaction out of them, but its so very brief and cheap it doesn't even matter and you just look like a shit. There's no thought put into past waving your arms around going, "Boo."

Goat Simulator was just youtube bait and this is shock/controversy bait. They're both shameless grabs at attention and people's money wrapped up in quickly thrown together cheap humor and tied on top with a big red bow just begging people to eat it up despite having barely any creativity and thought put into it.

At least with Goat Simulator you get the laughs for about maybe an hour or so after starting it. With this the shock humor would blank out at around the same time you finish watching the trailer alone.
Bark

Postby Asmodai » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:41 am

OrangeBee wrote:And much like goat simulator, it was made as a joke.

Euhm, what? No, no it isnt... They're being pretty serious about this game... like, dead serious

Where would you even come up with that idea?
Mephobiac

Postby OrangeBee » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:35 pm

Asmodai wrote:
OrangeBee wrote:And much like goat simulator, it was made as a joke.

Euhm, what? No, no it isnt... They're being pretty serious about this game... like, dead serious

Where would you even come up with that idea?

I can't take it seriously
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

ShitPoster

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:47 pm

It shouldn't be.

Sure its violent, but so what. I've played video games that are way more fucked up than this, I've seen way more fucked up movies. Hell, I've drawn shit that's more fucked up than what's in that trailer.
The game is just an big ass grab at people's attention and one thing I'll give the devs is that they'll at least admit to it.
They succeeded just like we all knew they would and now the guy in charge of the game has been accused of being a neo-nazi and he can't believe it, unless that was another publicity stunt too.

They can make all the violent games they want, but I'll only play them if they're actually done well with actual thought, polish, and creativity put into them and I seriously doubt any of that will be in this game.
Then again, I could just be judging a book by its cover.

But as I said, its at least interesting to watch the media shitstorm. Wasn't expected the lead guy to be accused of being a neo-nazi though...
(He's not by the way.)

Who knows, maybe they'll make an actual good game in the future, violent or not. Probably violent though.
Something they'll put actual effort into instead of just relying on shock value.

Wouldn't that be something?
Bark

Postby OrangeBee » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:14 pm

neo-nazi?

But he's POLISH

one of the last people to go nazi!
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

ShitPoster

Return to Snafu Gaming