League of Legends Snafu Group

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: League of Legends Snafu Group

Postby Remni » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:38 pm

Yeah please dont come in here just to try to start some LoL/DotA hate war. Each game has their merits, but like Senel, I prefer LoL. Because as bad as LoL's community is, DotAs has always been far worse.
My Steam - Xbox GamerTag: TheSweedishChef
Shameless league stuff!
Fortunately Unfortunate

Postby Q.U. » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:15 am

I play ARAM, so aside from queue dodgers you rarely get to see the bad side of the community.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby silvercover » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:15 am

Remni wrote:Yeah please dont come in here just to try to start some LoL/DotA hate war. Each game has their merits, but like Senel, I prefer LoL. Because as bad as LoL's community is, DotAs has always been far worse.

hate war really?
this is more like a merging, now you can play both dota 2 and LoL in one client. im pretty much giving you guys a boon here.

did you guys even check out the link? thats from the league of legends reddit section, meaning majority of those comments and replies are from LoL players. they were the guys who had stayed with the game, hoping for the company behind it to implement things such as replays that were promised a long time ago...
they have even said themselves that they want to make the transition, they just dont want all their time and effort on their initial game to be wasted.
I can understand that too, as in some games in the past it took a long time before I moved on from some of them. grinding on an RPG, getting big... even when there was a better improved game, you dont want to loss the position you gained... you dont want to loss that advantage over others yeah.

also again, no reason to even play with the same community of dota 2. most likely, your just going to meet your fellow people who play LoL in that mod there, chances are the people who're going to play it are the ones who know of LoL already so any of the "foulmouth dota 2 community" that will go there is pretty low...
if its going to be identical to the same thing, it likely means the same type of people would play, dont you think?

to pretty much sum it up, it really just depends on whether or not you prefer the company behind it, as the gameplay and other aspects(meaning players) are just virtually going to be the same, only the ones who're hosting the game will differ.
so what, do you prefer to put your trust into riot or valve?

Postby Vegedus » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:48 am

Somehow, I really doubt one modmaker will be able to implement every single feature of LoL AND keep it up to date with every patch. Some fan made map is not gonna be the same experience as a game developed by a hundred people with weekly patches. It's a pipe-dream to think so.

Also as you said, and as you can see from the screenshot, it's not finished, there are barely any skills. At best you can come back again in a year and post a link when it might actually be playable. I DID check out the link and it has barely information in it, so I'll just have to guess how far they are. And I'm guessing there haven't been 5 champions from LoL implemented.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Asmodai » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:01 am

Remni wrote:Yeah please dont come in here just to try to start some LoL/DotA hate war. Each game has their merits, but like Senel, I prefer LoL. Because as bad as LoL's community is, DotAs has always been far worse.

I love how you say you dont want to start a hate war, yet adamantly claim that DOTA's community is worse... Seems a little contradicting :P

Also, I always see a lot of people harping on MOBA's having vicious communities, but clearly you people have never played World of Tanks before. The amount of hatred being flung across the chat there is just insane.
Mephobiac

Postby Vegedus » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:17 am

The teams are also a lot bigger there, though, right? It only takes one toxic player to poison the chat and the bigger the team, the better the chance that there'll be one.

Postby silvercover » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:21 am

well im getting a bit ahead of myself then, but its still a pretty good start. maybe in a few months it will be finished.

also dont underestimate the map editor, you could check the other thread I made in this section to see it in works. its actually very simple, probably the easiest map editor ive seen, yet it seems pretty damn good.

this is just like how dota 2 came to being you know... it was still small, people were elitist and said it wouldnt amount much, dota players were already hating on it...
come in then a few years, with enough support, dota 2 has grown to be vastly improved.

pretty much same here, people seem a bit too close minded...
^^as you mentioned the irony there... I come here bringing some promising news that we may get a more improved LoL, might as well call it LoL 2 then like how we call ours dota 2, and people here already assuming its some bait post.

if I wanted to create a flame war, id have said something like "your move, riot" in my initial post

toxicity is barely a problem nowadays, we've got a mute function and report system. if the guy has enough reports, from multiple games and NOT from just 1 game, he can get chat mutted for several hours to a few days.

people are a bit too stuck in the old days it seems... some of you should look a bit more optimistic in other stuff and improvement of things.

Postby Vampire Hiryu » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:43 am

I think I'll stick to the regular LoL, that's where my money and time has been spent and where all my friends play. Don't really feel like starting fresh just to play a diluted version of what I spent money on.

Riot has given a very, very, very small hint about who the next champ getting an ultimate skin is. The list of champs being Evelynn, Hecarim, Lux, Nautilus, Skarner and Xerath.
ImageImageImage
Such a lovely maiden
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Senel » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:30 am

Lux and Eve would be the best bet though personally I'd love one for Naut. He's soooo good right now.

Postby Vampire Hiryu » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:57 pm

My money is either on Skarner or Evelynn since they wanna make them being picked more often. Plus, no doubt they'd have bitching animations when their passives and movement speed skills triggered.
ImageImageImage
Such a lovely maiden
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Vegedus » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:36 pm

silvercover wrote:if I wanted to create a flame war, id have said something like "your move, riot" in my initial post

You pretty much did:
silvercover wrote:I wonder how= riot is going to react to this one.

While you're trying to sell it as "hey, you LoL people should be interested in this", it's very much coming off as "hey, you can play LoL inside DotA 2! So it's clear which is the better game, amirite?". While there's a chance you're legitamately excited and have no qualms with LoL, but I'm about 85% sure you're a Dota 2 evangelist and subtly, but surely, trolling. Add that to the fact that you're ridiculously naive as to the amount of effort it takes to develop a game. They're not gonna make a hundred champions, get the game feel and physics right, make all the items and make the graphics look nice "in a few months". LoL is a five year old game. Five years of incremental upgrades. You don't copy that in a month. By a couple of guys who don't get paid and are doing it as a hobby project.

Bonus question: You say one of the features will be you'll have every rune available, and I figure, masteries and summoner spells as well. But those are part of the meta-game of LoL. You don't set them in-game. And this thing you're talking about is a map-editor. How is it gonna save my rune pages? Can you even implement summoner spells or is the map maker hard-coded to be 4 spells only?

Postby silvercover » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:50 pm

^that was after the initial poster who's reply was barely informative and didnt even invite the chance to be reasoned with, compared to you at least who's willing to give an ear... not to mention he even started it off the attack with that provocation.

as for that one, the tools are still fresh and new so I cant be sure, but it is pretty much one of the top as its using Source 2, which is even more advanced than the original Source which dota 2 is made from.
oh and this is still an alpha tool mind you, which means its likely to still gain additional features and improvements as its not a finished product.

help from Valve is pretty likely, they're really known for being supportive to mod and custom makers. maybe not yet right now, but its definitely withing possible grounds for them to lend some help if people give it enough attention. they'll give you some way to retain the runes, or also possible, just do with it away altogether, make every hero essentially equal, or just apply it to all heroes so that you dont need to attach the runes.

as for the additional spells, have you checked out dota 2? its open to have about 6 spells available actually, just that standard heroes have only 4.

there is the chance he will drop it, sure, but the guy is chinese, known for their tenacity. also chinese have already done a ton of games copied, actually, if you try to search some of them up(though I forgot their names and which games were copied), so its not like this will be their first attempt in imitating some game.

anyways, sure il drop off this topic for now, and come back once it becomes real.
for now il lets just leave it as a potential replacement, like how dota 2 was to dota in its early stages.

besides, competition also has its good points. perhaps riot may finally work their asses off to make replays available among other things they have "promised" to deliver.

Postby Remni » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:11 am

I listened to what you said, and even checked the map editor out myself. While I like what they're doing with the map editor and think it'll bring great things to DotA, it wont have the things that make LoL enjoyable to me and I doubt it ever will. And I agree with what Vegedus said that you came across as being naive and acting as though it's going to be a LoL-killer, which would be far from the truth I think.

And in response to my comment about the DotA community vs the LoL community, I only stated that because the DotA community has been around for years and years longer than the LoL community has and frankly has a steeper learning curve which causes players to get frustrated at newbies more quickly.

On the topic of who gets the next Legendary skin, my money is also on Skarner, considering how much people are clamoring for Battlecast Skarner skin.
Shameless league stuff!
Fortunately Unfortunate

Postby Vampire Hiryu » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:19 am

Ultimate, you sonuvabitch! Right now the next legendary is gonna be for Darius.
And it is quite possible it's indeed Skarner, Riot did say they're working on two skins for him.
ImageImageImage
Such a lovely maiden
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Remni » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:42 pm

Why does Gnar remind me of Stitch? It must be that cute fuzzyness containing a rage monster thing.
Shameless league stuff!
Fortunately Unfortunate

Postby Vampire Hiryu » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:59 pm

I've been seeing that Gnar/Stitch joke going around since he was announced.

Ya know, when I picked Sion I wasn't expecting to win AND being one of the causes of victory. I managed to farm about 800 health, with my items that gave me about a 90 AD boost.
http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends ... 2/23674949
ImageImageImage
Such a lovely maiden
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Senel » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:55 pm

I just want this skin.

Postby Remni » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:39 am

Arcade MF? That's pretty badass
Shameless league stuff!
Fortunately Unfortunate

Postby Senel » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:25 am

Yeah, been brushing up on my MF. Got a duo partner that'll roll as Arcade Sona.

Postby Vampire Hiryu » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:41 am

I actually don't like that skin, same goes for Headhunter Caitlynn and Riot Kayle.
ImageImageImage
Such a lovely maiden
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Senel » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:30 am

I'm looking to give my epileptic opponents seizures with all the bright flashing colors they'll see.

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:38 am

All you need is a Hecarim jungle. The ganks would be beautiful.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Senel » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:02 am

I totally forgot about Arcade Hecarim.

GIVE ALL THE SEIZURES!

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:51 am

What we need, is an Arcade Karthus.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Zelosse » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:31 am

Next Arcade skin is gonna be Veigar. Mark my words.

Mark. My fucking. Letters.

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu Gaming