Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim [2011]

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Elder Scrolls V [rumored]

Postby Archrival » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:16 pm

I think if bestheda employed all they could learn from Fallout 3/New Vegas, Obsidian's Dragon Age and character creation from the Sims they'd have a top game. Unlikely so we're still gonna characters whose look like discoloured shit but nice armour.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:45 pm

If you're gonna insult the company at least do it right dawg.

Fallout 3- MADE by Bethesda.

Fallout New Vegas: An 'expansion' to fallout 3 by Obsidian where they just took the same fucking engine and premise from the Oblivion/Fallout games that Bethesda made. All they improved was how tightly together things were, therefore giving the appearance of being more fun but truly it only cuts down on travelling between fun spots. Plus it has game breaking glitches. Literally.

Dragon Age- From BIOWARE NOT OBSIDIAN. Obsidian are the guys who ALWAYS have the "we weren't given enough time" excuse. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Look it up. Bioware are the guys that made KOTOR and Mass Effect 2. Bioware and Bethesda are two similar yet wildly different puppies so let's keep it that way.

The Sims- All the sims has that is truly different from the character creation screen of Oblivion is that they don't look pale and look better looking overall but that's the art style. Oblivion and Fallout 3 have one of the most options in a ccs, except maybe the hairstyle.

And they've already said they have an improved [if not new] engine to the one of Oblivion [if rumors are true of course] so chances are that character models will be improved.

All I can complain about Bethesda is their running and jumping animations, but I played in first person so who gives a fuck.
A Pimp Named Jeezy Creezy: Lasting all the way up to Valentine's.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

"Sleepery Dee, Sleepery Doo.
Whoever betrays me tonight, I'll mo'fuckin' cap you!"

Postby Whatis6times9 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:12 pm

Here's hoping for a new engine because that engine was ugly both in character rendering and glitches.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:16 pm

They are making a new engine. Supposedly. Well they'll have to at least improve graphics since a lot of people will be pissed if they use the same engine for a game they released when the 360 had come out.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

Postby Archrival » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:15 am

I always get Bioware and Obsidian mixed up and yes I know they made KOTOR and Mass Effect and even they had better character design, which hopefully this new engine will employ.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:57 am

the choices in character design are the exact same as Bethesda's, only with a different artstyle and better graphics.

Postby Archrival » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:08 pm

Exactly, I mean most Bestheda characters look like they'd been carved from rock or poop.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:07 pm

To be fair Mass Effect [and I think Dragon Age as well] use a variation of the Unreal engine which has always been pretty.

Bethesda makes their own engines. I'd rather see different art styles over another game with the Unreal engine.

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:51 pm

Besides pop in the UE3 doesn't have many technical issues and is a very versatile and good looking engine. The Gamebryo engine has been in use since 2001 and now it looks just plain dated and almost all of the versions used by Bethesda/Obsidian have had some game breaking glitches on at least one platform.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:21 am

Hence why they're upgrading it [supposedly]

Postby Whatis6times9 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:32 am

Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim
Release date: 11/1/11(US date)
Confirmed on the VGAs, no actual gameplay footage to be sure of being a new engine.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Asmodai » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:22 am

Now with added trailer

Dragons... How original
Mephobiac

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim [2011]

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:33 pm

54, there is an article where they confirmed a member of the Bethesda team said through his twitter that it's a brand new engine.

And Asmo, they didn't have dragons in Oblivion [unless you count the ending mission if you know what I'm talking about]. They had a mod for PC to ride dragons, but it wasn't official.

It's a shame it's not a new continent, but I really don't care as long as they change it up.

aka don't make it be the same cities only prettier. Change them up.

Postby Whatis6times9 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:27 pm

I don't think you will see a new continent until they have covered the whole map and that will probably take a few more games.

I was still hoping to see more than a prerendered trailer, but then again that seems to be the name of the game at the VGAs.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Asmodai » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:45 pm

What I meant about the dragons, was that every western RPG seems to be doing them these days... And the dragon from the trailer looked like your stereotypical dragon you see in 99% of all dragon related games/movies. I was kinda hoping for Bethesda to switch things up a bit

That being said, Oblivion wasnt only about the Oblivion gates. There was still enough to do besides that, and I'm sure I'll clock in another 200 or so hours if they support mods just as good as they did with Oblivion
Mephobiac

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:09 pm

well for PC people yeah.

Console users like myself will only have the main game+ expansions.

Postby Wizard » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:13 pm

The fuck? Dragons? What's with these RPGs and just sticking in dragons wherever the fuck they feel like? Shit, Dragon Age barely had any dragons in it; drakes don't count, they didn't make me feel like a badass dragon-slayer. DA:O had two: the one in the mountains and the archdemon, which didn't exactly feel like a totally kosher-kosher dragon for some reason, but whatever. Dragon Gods are kinda cool I guess. Maybe we just didn't see enough of the Tevinter Imperium.

But anyway, TES? Seriously? Isn't their thing demons? Are we fucking mixing up demons and dragons now? Because dragons are creatures and demons aren't. Fuck, that's retarded.

FUCKING DRAGONS FUCK YOU FUCKING MESSING UP MY ELDER SCROLLS.

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:25 pm

there was a dragon in Oblivion.

Postby Wizard » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:31 pm

AKATOSH IS A GOD NOT A DRAGON. That's just his avatar.

Postby Tuor » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:20 pm

Still looks bloody epic, I'm excited.

Although I shudder to think of the computer requirements for it, which means I'll probably have to get it for console. Sad face.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:33 pm

Wizard wrote:AKATOSH IS A GOD NOT A DRAGON. That's just his avatar.

if it looks like a dragon....

smells like a dragon.....

Postby Wizard » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:37 pm

You're an idiot. Dragons are mythological creatures, like goblins.

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:29 pm

They said the same about aliens. But yet here I am.

An alien. Loud and proud.

Postby Tuor » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:20 pm

Hur
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Wulfespinndel » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:25 am

Last edited by Wulfespinndel on Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Where we are, there’s daggers in men’s smiles."
KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Reset. Recalibrate.

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu Gaming