Halo Reach mofo's

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Halo Reach mofo's

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:07 pm

nigga fuck swat. go play modern warfare 2.

edit: also I beat the mission right after the space adventure one. The one in the city. And what the hell bro, the difficulty in this one was way lower that what I had to do in the space mission one. There was a part I kept dying though [when you have to activate the missile launchers] and the only reason I beat it is cause I went behind the base and stole the wraith that was pissing me off.
A Pimp Named Jeezy Creezy: Lasting all the way up to Valentine's.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

"Sleepery Dee, Sleepery Doo.
Whoever betrays me tonight, I'll mo'fuckin' cap you!"

Postby Rowby » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:34 am

Still beating mines on Heroic before going to Legendary.
I'm doing mines in order.
Easy (cuz my friend is a total noob), Normal (my other friend can't do Heroic for idk what reasons), and Heroic.

And along the way, I'm getting achievements and data pad collecting (similar to the Terminals of Halo 3). I'm still trying to get that one achievement of killing that Elite before he escapes on TotS level, before Long Night Of Solace space level.
*̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ *̡͌l̡*
Stufflikehearts: Why the Rowby hate?
BloodLord: I don't really know. He use to be the guy that you would look at and go "Ohh you XD"
LilChocobo789: I don't hate you Rowby!
Stufflikehearts: I love Rowby, he's my wittle buddy :3

̄ω ̄

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:50 am

Oh dude I didn't even know that was an achievement. I killed him with a plasma pistol needler rifle combo. it's by far the best weapon combination in the game. Elites can be taken care of easily, and brutes can be killed easily with the needler rifle.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

Postby Wizard » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:50 am

I just shot him with my DMR and he didn't move and then he died.

I <3 MW2!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand...whatthefuckBungiewhydoesyourdrivingAIsucksomuchballsjesus.

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:01 am

actually it's the companion A.I. They forcefully make it so marines have the IQ of a half brain baby, while the covenant are all fucking einstein. They drive perfectly, they know when to dash me, etc...

especially in legendary.

Postby Wizard » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:11 pm

That's what I meant.

Postby Rowby » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:47 pm

There's one achievement where you gotta jump off a high ledge and assassinate someone either in campaign or multiplayer.

Really hard for me to do it in multiplayer cuz idk where they'll be or where I'll land. In campaign, all I know is that I can do this on the The Package at mission start.
BloodLord: I don't really know. He use to be the guy that you would look at and go "Ohh you XD"

̄ω ̄

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:03 pm

Holy shit you guys. The 8th mission is the easiest thing ever. You're supposed to enter 3/4 rooms and deactivate this thing inside. And no joke, the best advice I can give you is to keep sprint throughout this mission since the second I would deactivate the object I sprinted back to the entrance before the covenant could hurt me/enter the room.

Last room you need a jetpack on the way back. But like 80% of the level is flying and as long as you don't completely suck you're fine.

Postby Rowby » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:41 am

Is the 8th mission with the UH-144 Falcon? Where you fly around and complete each objectives?
Did you get the chance to help out Edward Buck from Halo 3: ODST in the mission (he appears as a cameo)?

The only thing I did was the Night Club (the one that looks like Halo 3: ODST's Crater Firefight) Easter Eggs.
The two songs were used from Halo 2's "Never Surrender" and "Siege Of Madrigal" Remixes. Really cool cuz all the Grunts and Brutes dancing around. The suckish side of it, when you kill one of them, the music stop and they all attack you. Another easter egg was the crazed army trooper in that Sinoviet building (the level that is actually Reflection).

̄ω ̄

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:07 am

Had no idea about the cameos or easter eggs. Nice to know. And yeah it was that mission.

I just beat the 9th and I don't know why I still feel like the corvette mission was the hardest. In hear you have to literally fight wave after wave of a crapload of covenant, including hunters, and I still managed to get it done without the 1 million reloads.

I'm one mission away from beating the game in legendary. I'm actually proud of myself since I have never played halo on solo legendary and this is supposed to be the hardest out of all. I won't use the fire helmet since I like my stormtrooper too much

Postby Thunderbolt » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:15 am

I already beat it solo legendary it wasn't bad. I think Halo CE had a more challenging legendary mode. And Halo 2 is just kinda dumb with all of its snipers and lack of ammo, but once you learn where all the snipers are it isn't too hard. Halo 3 legendary is like Heroic Halo 2.

Postby Rowby » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:00 am

The 9th mission has that Tribute Room of all Halo games.
The whole Tribute Room is actually Dr. Halsey's lab in the 9th mission cinematic ending.
The 10th mission is the one I'm trying to get. The achievement, that is.
Leaping from the cliff and landing onto an Elite below, trying to assassinate him and getting the If They Came to Hear Me Beg Achievement without touching the ground and assassinating at the same time.

Really difficult to do too.
I did it before and I realized, "Oh fuck, I did this on easy and I don't get the achievement for this."
That was my fail to realize that I have to do them either in normal, heroic, or legendary. But since I did a couple attempts to do this, I know where I might land and eventually die and start over. So far the 10th mission is easier to do cuz it's at mission start.

The 11th mission reminded me of playing COD5's last mission after credits level. It has that weird feeling too. It's better if you have up to four players cuz it seems funner that way.    This last level which is called Lone Wolf cuz of Noble-Six's previous status as Lone Wolf. The objective is simple: Survive. And there is no legendary ending as far as I can tell. Someone said Noble-Six survives and finds a ship and leaves off planet which highly unlikely. He dies, leaves his/her helmet, and the helmet camera feed switches to Noble-Six's fending off 7 Elites of all kind until killed by the Red one (I think it's a Zealot class, idk) at the end.   

̄ω ̄

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:54 am

Zealots are gold, Majors are red.

You guys also have the Spartan2 Easter egg: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/SPARTAN-II_in_cryo
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:14 pm

I'll make sure to try and see the easter egg. Anybody know if the majority of the achievements, like the "do this in X mission" ones need to be in medium or harder? Because there's a couple in the early levels that I didn't get simply because I had no idea. Like not using a vehicle throughout the second mission, or destroying two vehicles with one shot of the Hammer of Dawny weapon.

Postby Rowby » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:50 pm

I got that achievement already with the walking than taking the flat bed on the second level. Still can't get that 2 vehicles with one airstrike achievement.

But I found another easter egg that was on the 3rd level, ONI: Sword Base
Reach Racer Easter Egg

̄ω ̄

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:07 pm

the walking one is easy. You also have to destroy 7 something's in that level, can't remember what.

Postby Zarengo » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:20 pm

End made me sad face.

But I'm happy there are no '4 player requirement' for any one achievement!
I haven't even done the ones for halo 3 and ODST!! >:(

And yay! for chief's voice in firefight.

Postby Rowby » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:21 pm

Keep it clean?
I got that one.
Kill 7 Moa birds, right?

I found a data pad in that level too.
From mission start

̄ω ̄

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:55 pm

oh shit. Here i was joking around that we should let them live, and killing them was an achievement?

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:56 pm

Have you learned nothing?

KILL. THEM. ALL.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:05 pm

just beat the game. I might go back to get the achievements of killing the birds and not using vehicles in the second level, but god knows I'll do it in normal.

Postby Zarengo » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:07 pm

Lemme guess, legendary alone?

How was the lone wolf mission?

Postby Rowby » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:18 pm

Doing that by myself was impossible for me.
All of a sudden, I got almost 4 Zealots charging at me with Energy Swords and the rest using concussion rifles when I got up to the 10 minute mark.

With my friends, we only survived 15-17 minutes until we broke formation (me with the drop shield and both my friends got sprint and the other using the armor lock). All we did was going around the small map, hiding behind rocks and pipes. Traversing to get and between the Elites standing on top of the hill as we tried dodging them. And repeat on doing this over and over.

̄ω ̄

Postby Zarengo » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:21 pm

Use covie weapons more often, they work better in legendary against elites.

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:29 pm

I use covenant weapons 90% of the time. It's not even funny how many more times I use them.

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu Gaming