Halo Reach mofo's

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Halo Reach mofo's

Postby Rowby » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:25 am

Yeah, doesn't the game come with the XBL 2 day free trial?
Gonna use that for the weekend.
I'm kinda broke and lost my job, so I gotta find a way to get another 1 year sub when I go to the Philippines this October.
*̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ *̡͌l̡*
Stufflikehearts: Why the Rowby hate?
BloodLord: I don't really know. He use to be the guy that you would look at and go "Ohh you XD"
LilChocobo789: I don't hate you Rowby!
Stufflikehearts: I love Rowby, he's my wittle buddy :3

̄ω ̄

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:32 pm

yeah it comes with a 2 day free gold code.
A Pimp Named Jeezy Creezy: Lasting all the way up to Valentine's.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

"Sleepery Dee, Sleepery Doo.
Whoever betrays me tonight, I'll mo'fuckin' cap you!"

Postby Rowby » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:08 pm

Idk if I should use it now or this Saturday.
BloodLord: I don't really know. He use to be the guy that you would look at and go "Ohh you XD"

̄ω ̄

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:19 pm

probably saturday. You will have more time to play it. Afterwards you'll be missing like 75% of the Halo experience though.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

Postby Rowby » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:50 pm

Yeah, but I won't be able to get a 1 year sub until I get to the Philippines.
But the downside over there is the internet connection is crap, which is almost near losing connection to servers or games.

----

Right now, I'm glitching the campaign and found many from watching easter egg glitches.
Funny how, I didn't realized Master Chief was actually in the game.

̄ω ̄

Postby Teran » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:53 pm

Well, extremely positive reviews so far (I´m not really surprised, even ODST received good reviews when released), I´m stuck in Europe ´till February, so I won´t be able to play this game for a while, which is a fucking shame because I´m such a whore when it comes to Limited Editions and pre-order bonus.

Also, the guy who wrote the story for this game is a fucking idiot who has never read a Halo novel. The story made no sense at all.
Last edited by Teran on Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Postby Rowby » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:01 pm

How so?
I understood the story clearly.

̄ω ̄

Postby Teran » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:24 pm

Because Bungie destroyed the whole fucking canon, established in the novels.

For those who haven´t read the novels, Halo: Reach fits in the canon. For those who have read the novels, it makes no fucking sense at all.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Postby Thunderbolt » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:34 pm

Well the novels aren't the set canon. What happens in the games supersedes anything that happens in the books. The books are just kinda there if you want to read them. All the books, comics, anime, and live action ads never happen as far as the game canon goes.

Postby Teran » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:45 pm

Bungie has stated the the novels are canon and fit in the games. Even Joseph Staten, a Bungie employee, wrote "Halo: Contact Harvest". So yeah, the novels are canon and quite a big deal.

Why they suddenly decided to say "kthxbye" to every fan? I don´t know.

Postby Thunderbolt » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:03 pm

We know they are canon but when it comes to the games the games beat out the novels.

Postby Teran » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:52 pm

Oh yeah, definitely, but the games used to ignore little details in the novel. This game completely ignores all the events in "Halo: The Fall of Reach" and makes a completely new story. Many Spartans shouldn´t be dead, Reach should be better defended, and the Covenant shouldn´t be sneaking secretly in the second most defended planet colonized by humans (the first being Earth).

Many people are saying that Bungie net stuff like "Well, Bungie can change the story if they want, since they made the franchise", but seriously, that´s not fair, not for the fans, and if you ask me, pretty unprofessional from them to create a universe for ten years, and suddenly change everything.

I respect every opinion, but please avoid saying stuff like "Bungie has every right to make any change they want", because I´m tired of hearing that. It´s really unfair for the fans.

Postby Thunderbolt » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:09 pm

Don't listen to the people in the Bungie forums. Most of the people you see in the Halo 3 and Reach forums just joined and they're probably kids who didn't play Halo CE or Halo 2. I'm actually surprised The Flood is so quite. When Halo 3 came out The Flood was full of Halo 3 threads for pages.

I thought the rerelease of the Fall of Reach was going to change the dates and rewrite some parts to match Reach but it really isn't that different.

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:19 pm

You want a reason of why they messed with the canon?

Because the majority of fans aren't nitpicking freaks and wanted something fun. Why are the weapons and armor capabilities stronger in the past? Who gives a shit, it's fun. Why are the elites all of a sudden 20x stronger than they ever were in Halo CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3? Who gives a shit, it makes them scarier opponents. Why is the game's story so different from the books? For a bigger enjoyment factor out of the single player campaign.

Postby Thunderbolt » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:31 pm

But talking about the story is fun.

Postby Teran » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:43 pm

JesusChrist wrote:You want a reason of why they messed with the canon?

Yes, I hope it´s not fucking retarded. Let´s see what Jorge has to say about this!

JesusChrist wrote:Because the majority of fans aren't nitpicking freaks and wanted something fun.
Halo: Combat Evolved followed the canon. Halo 2 followed all the events in "Halo: First Strike". Even though no more than one Spartan appeared in Halo 2, it fitted perfectly in the canon.

JesusChrist wrote:Who gives a shit, it's fun.
Me and many others who enjoyed Halo and actually read the novels. The fact that you don´t read the novels doesn´t means that Bungie can suddenly fuck the whole canon. I know they respect the fans that don´t read the novels and that´s the main reason there are almost no references in the game, but still, no reason to fuck with the others who actually care about the Halo universe AND SPEND THEIR MONEY AND TIME reading what happens. As I said previously, a Bungie employee, Joseph Staten, wrote a novel, so I think it´s a pretty big deal.

TL;DR there are people who gives a shit!

JesusChrist wrote:Why are the elites all of a sudden 20x stronger than they ever were in Halo CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3?
They were fucking strong in Halo: CE and Halo 2, and they were no foes in Halo 3. Invalid point, Elites have always been pretty badass.

JesusChrist wrote:Why is the game's story so different from the books? For a bigger enjoyment factor out of the single player campaign.
As I said previously, previous Campaigns respected what was written in the novels. I enjoyed Halo: CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3 campaign, and it fitted in the canon. Sure, some minor details that were ignored in the novels, but still, it fitted.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR PLAYING TONIGHT SEÑOR CABRALES! I´m sorry, you didn´t got the prize, but at least you get some free MCNUGGETS! Thank you for playing, let´s hope the next person who participates posts something that isn´t...

YEAH, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Postby Thunderbolt » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:16 pm

I think if Reach was based off Red Team it would have been a more enjoyable and maybe a more in depth campaign than pulling out some Spartan IIIs out of nowhere and messing with the canon. You wouldn't have those silly armor lock things but whatever.

Postby Rowby » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:38 pm

I only liked this campaign cuz it feels more military-like than the others.
Also, I noticed it too. This story is little off. I did read all the novels and found what you meant by canon and such.

But it don't matter with me. Anything is good.

̄ω ̄

Postby Teran » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:44 pm

The main problem is between the dates and some events that happen. For example, the main invasion to Reach happened in August 30, and it only lasted two hours. In the game, it happens a month earlier, and seriously, it´s hard to believe that so many Covenant forces were in the planet undetected, and that they left a carrier for many days without engaging it.

You guys are not forced to read the books, but still, it´s quite offensive for the fans who actually took some of our time to read the novels to find that every event is ignored. Where was Master Chief all this time? In cryosleep without doing anything for the planet? And what about all the Spartans? In the game Reach is more like a defenseless colony with only a few Spartans. In the novels, it has a huge army, pretty well protected (the main reason it fell is because of the huge Covenant invasion, over 700 ships).

I don´t know why Bungie suddenly decided to ignore everything, again, I respect every opinion, but still, I don´t find any justification to ignore every event in the past. Dr. Halsey´s journal explains some events, justifying certain plot holes, but not enough to save the established canon.
Last edited by Teran on Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Teran » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:45 pm

Rowby wrote:I only liked this campaign cuz it feels more military-like than the others.
Also, I noticed it too. This story is little off. I did read all the novels and found what you meant by canon and such.

But it don't matter with me. Anything is good.

yeah, I´m not really sure if people understands what I mean. The game has a solid gameplay, and exceptional online features. It´s definitely a great game, and it deserves all the praise it´s getting.

The main problem is the plot. Other than that, it´s a must-have game. I´m going to buy this game when I´m back to my home country (hopefully I can buy the Legendary Edition on Amazon at a cheaper prize).
Last edited by Teran on Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby DaCrum » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:45 pm

I'll argue once I play the game. :/
Escape will make me God.
65124_134_12++[CMND PRAMA +49c2]

Postby Rowby » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:29 pm

The game is alright, but I haven't experienced the online portion cuz my live expired.
SO I'll be trying the 2 day free trial that came with the game this upcoming Saturday.

̄ω ̄

Postby Thunderbolt » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:56 pm

Play firefight. Its better than any of the matchmaking playlists.

Postby Wizard » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:40 am

Yeah, it's bullshit how they changed the story. That's stupid.

My Firefight matchmaking won't work for some reason. ;_;

Postby Rowby » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:18 pm

I played Gruntpocalypse and it was getting kinda boring.
Hell, my friend is enjoying it cuz he likes being invincible and the game options I put on.
This was offline play, not online.

̄ω ̄

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu Gaming