Bioshock: Infinite - Bring some clean underpants gents

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Bioshock: Infinite - Bring some clean underpants gents

Postby Asmodai » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:36 am

so... a new Bioshock has been announced by Irrational Games

It does look very interesting

Not sure if the setting is that interesting, since it will miss the pressing atmosphere of having an ocean around you.
But that trailer did look extremely good
Last edited by Asmodai on Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mephobiac

Re: Bioshock: Infinite

Postby Wes S » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:04 am

It definitely does look interesting, though I don't have a 360 to play it on, so I'm a little disappointed. The setting definitely raises some questions, and I think it looks pretty interesting, The first Bioshock did such an amazing job at creating an awesome atmosphere I can't help but think this new game will come up with ways to make this new atmosphere look amazing as well.

Postby Asmodai » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:52 am

well, seeing as how both games were also eventually released on the PC... I'm sure they'll continue this trend
Mephobiac

Postby Wes S » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:43 pm

Oh yeah, I'm sure they'll have a PC release, but unfortunately I don't have a very good PC for gaming.

Though I'm not the biggest fan of PC gaming, I'd rather use a controller than a mouse and keyboard.

Postby Teran » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:09 pm

Being a huge Bioshock fan, I can't hide my excitement for this game. Also, KEVIN LEVINE, NO FUCKING JORDAN THOMAS (the retard who made Bioshock 2)!!!
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:51 pm

I would love to say that those can't be Big Daddies since the whole project started in Bioshock 2.... but they'll probably make up some crap like "Big Daddies traveled from the future"
A Pimp Named Jeezy Creezy: Lasting all the way up to Valentine's.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

"Sleepery Dee, Sleepery Doo.
Whoever betrays me tonight, I'll mo'fuckin' cap you!"

Postby Asmodai » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:24 pm

well they could've continued the Big Daddy research... I mean, who said it stopped in Rapture?
I am curious to see how this one will link to the previous ones. There's obviously gonna be a link, since you saw a miniature version of Rapture in that fish tank

I wonder if there's gonna be Little Sisters... Since most research that was done in Rapture would be illegal outside Rapture... and a flying city isnt really that secret, now is it?
Mephobiac

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:28 pm

Oh wait does the game take place in a timeline after the fall of rapture?

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

Postby nicomon » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:36 pm

I see a large similarity between the girl with the roses in the trailer and the girl from Bioshock 2.

Postby Asmodai » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:44 pm

JesusChrist wrote:Oh wait does the game take place in a timeline after the fall of rapture?

well yeah, I guess... why else would there be miniature Rapture stuff lying around?
Mephobiac

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:50 pm

Wasn't Rapture opened to citizens in the 1940's? And this game takes place in the 1920's? I think the fish tank with the small rapture was just to trick people in thinking this game took place in Rapture.

Postby Whatis6times9 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:57 pm

JesusChrist wrote:Wasn't Rapture opened to citizens in the 1940's? And this game takes place in the 1920's? I think the fish tank with the small rapture was just to trick people in thinking this game took place in Rapture.

Ding, ding.

I like the fact that the only thing tying the two games together is name and basic gameplay.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:18 pm

Yeah. I mean they can't just pull little sisters and big daddies here. And they better not do a "oh these guys thought of it first" crap.

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:32 pm

Of course not.

They did, however, have big momma's and little brothers, of course.
For the Greater Good

Postby Glahardt » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:34 pm

Looks like the other way around.
Floating in the sky instead of being submerged in the sea.

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:19 pm

I can't wait for the bioshock that takes place on sea level.

Postby zepherin » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:23 pm

interesting but I am suspicious
Zeph do you ever tire of being perfect? ~Dave
Zeph is still awesome though. ~Rival
I love you so much right now Zeph. ~Yoshi
I love you Zeph. You and your simple yet humorous topic-breakers. ~Coos
Zeph has left me inspired. ~Mathias
Zeph is so awesome even soulless bits of binary worship him. ~Wizard
Curse YOU ZEPH! CURSE YOU! ~JesusChrist
WE ARE SORRY THAT WE ARE NOT AS PERFECT AS YOU, ZEPH! ~Stufflikehearts
Zepherin for forum queen and writer of the best seller "how to screw your brethen up for dummies". ~ The Mirak

Postby Asmodai » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:24 am

JesusChrist wrote:Wasn't Rapture opened to citizens in the 1940's? And this game takes place in the 1920's? I think the fish tank with the small rapture was just to trick people in thinking this game took place in Rapture.

wait, where did it say this took place in the 1920's?

and I watched the trailer again, and you're right that fish tank sequence had nothing to do with Rapture... it said 1839 Chicago World's Fair on the plaque
Mephobiac

Postby Vegedus » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:37 am

1893, actually. They did give an interview somewhere where they mentioned when it is. Can't remember when, but before Bioshock 1 and 2 at any rate.

So far, I'm curious, but skeptic. The graphics looks kinda more cartoonish this time around, which I'm not sure I like. Gameplay pending.

Asmodai wrote:Not sure if the setting is that interesting, since it will miss the pressing atmosphere of having an ocean around you.

I think they deliberately choose this setting, because it gives a pressing atmosphere of having a long, long way to fall, all around you. That's kinda the point of the trailer.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:19 am

It still sucks though, since one of the big appeals of Bioshock was how good looking the water effects were. Some of the best in the current gen games. But Asmodai type Bioshock infinite and 1920's in google and there are a couple of items saying it. I even believe that I saw it in Kotaku, or that the guy mentioned it in the trailer for Quakecon.

Postby EagleMan » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:23 pm

I just read it on Wikipedia. Seems simple enough for me.

But they really couldn't go anywhere with Rapture itself. A prequel would be dumb unless they invented a story out of nowhere in the story they already have, and Rapture is basically destroyed at the end of Bioshock 2.

I'll still give this game a chance though, if they can continue the spirit of the game, even if it does seem a bit more outlandish (we lost a floating city! plasmid variants exists 20-30 years earlier in a place where resources can't be harvested! [like ADAM slugs on the seafloor]), then I won't complain.

Postby Remni » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:58 pm

Well the new game does seem to have a few nice additions. Environment plays a big role again, but it looks like you can do more with it. You also get a partner in this game, which is your reason for being in the Columbia (name of the place) to begin with. You're a detective and meant to try to save her, but the people in Columbia dont want to give her up cause of the powers she has. My guess is she's the original human where Adam was discovered from, which would probably be what ties it to the other Bioshock games. The girl you end up having to save tags along with you for a good part of the game, and uses alot of her own powers, some of which can enhance your own plasmids. Like her causing a rainstorm above some enemies and you using the Lightning plasmid to do extra damage with it.

I've also read the game is more free-flowing, with the tracks that you use to get around from place to place, you can actually get into combat while traveling, with the ability to go back and forth at will while on the tracks, as well as hopping tracks in the midst of it.
My Steam - Xbox GamerTag: TheSweedishChef
Shameless league stuff!
Fortunately Unfortunate

Postby Vegedus » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:16 am

EagleMan wrote:But they really couldn't go anywhere with Rapture itself. A prequel would be dumb unless they invented a story out of nowhere in the story they already have, and Rapture is basically destroyed at the end of Bioshock 2.

Ya, while I haven't played it myself, people were already complaining that they were over-abusing the setting with Bioshock 2.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Asmodai » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:04 am

Remni wrote:My guess is she's the original human where Adam was discovered from, which would probably be what ties it to the other Bioshock games.

That wouldnt make any sense... Adam was harvested from sea slugs... unless birds now also carry Adam
Mephobiac

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:43 pm

Vegedus wrote:
EagleMan wrote:But they really couldn't go anywhere with Rapture itself. A prequel would be dumb unless they invented a story out of nowhere in the story they already have, and Rapture is basically destroyed at the end of Bioshock 2.

Ya, while I haven't played it myself, people were already complaining that they were over-abusing the setting with Bioshock 2.

Fans are hard to please. They want something completely new every single time, and don't appreciate the hard work that may have gone into something. I don't know about you guys, but Bioshock's 2 gameplay was 20 times better than the original.

Next

Return to Snafu Gaming