Scott Pilgrim video game

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Scott Pilgrim video game

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Don't see a thread for it so.... here ya go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAY4vNJd7A8

It comes out on PSN august 10th and on XBLA august 25th I believe. I will most likely play it co op on my friend's psn though lol. I can't wait for this game, I loved the comic and the movie is getting sick reviews so it seems this might be the big deal for nerds this year.
A Pimp Named Jeezy Creezy: Lasting all the way up to Valentine's.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

"Sleepery Dee, Sleepery Doo.
Whoever betrays me tonight, I'll mo'fuckin' cap you!"

Re: Scott Pilgrim video game

Postby Asmodai » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:52 pm

I still feel like the comic lost all it's drive after volume 3. And this game looks just like Little Fighter but with a updated skin
And personally, I cant see how this movie would work... the whole charm of SP lies in it's art style

(fan before it became popular and stuff)
Mephobiac

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:01 pm

the charm didn't entirely lie in the art style. It also had to do with the character development, pop culture references and the fact that many of us can see ourselves in Scott. The comic didn't lose its drive, just because the formula was the same throughout it [character development, fight an evil ex, then more character development to end it] it didn't get boring for me even though I read the entire series in like 3 hours. You're one of the few that thinks so since it is a fan favorite to many [even Calek here who is a big comic book fan]. The movie is getting awesome hype from freaking comic book nerds, aka the most unforgiving people out there when it comes to movie adaptations. And what the fuck is it with the little fighter talk? Who gives a shit if that's what it seems to you. Many of us haven't played a good ol school beat em up since Castle Crashers so we welcome the game with open arms.

Hell I am a purist when it comes to certain stuff as well. I nagged at the changing of Watchmen's ending, but I can see the good out of everything. But I can't stand people who only like stuff until it becomes popular then it becomes bad all of a sudden. I am the same with music, but that's because the mainstream popularity usually directly affects the music style.

And the Pimpeth lord sat amidst his real ballin' players, the Apostles, and raisingeth his cup of Cristal as they devoured the grapes and cheese from the finest bitches in town he said

Postby Unlimited » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:16 pm

Hmm...
This game looks quite fun.

Sadly, I'm going to miss out all the fun.
Because I can't make a connection with my PSP to ANYTHING.
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
Memento mori

Postby zepherin » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:24 pm

That game actually does look like it would be a hoot.

Kinda reminds me of an old flash video with some superhero type people fighting hords of guys. I think they get aced by an Akira type crazy monster in the end. Can't remember what it's called though.
Zeph do you ever tire of being perfect? ~Dave
Zeph is still awesome though. ~Rival
I love you so much right now Zeph. ~Yoshi
I love you Zeph. You and your simple yet humorous topic-breakers. ~Coos
Zeph has left me inspired. ~Mathias
Zeph is so awesome even soulless bits of binary worship him. ~Wizard
Curse YOU ZEPH! CURSE YOU! ~JesusChrist
WE ARE SORRY THAT WE ARE NOT AS PERFECT AS YOU, ZEPH! ~Stufflikehearts
Zepherin for forum queen and writer of the best seller "how to screw your brethen up for dummies". ~ The Mirak

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:47 pm

"super heroes fighting hords of guys who get aced by the akira monster at the end: the video game"

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:34 am

Paul Robertson did the designs too, so it's a plus.

I'm praying they will have a PC version of this since I don't own a PS3 or an XBOX.

I have a Wii though, but I only won it from a raffle ticket.
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:48 pm

I don't see a PC version being released anytime soon since the only two announcements they have made are for the 360 and psn. If it ever comes out on the pc, it will be way after the scott pilgrim fever has died down.

Postby Thunderbolt » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:58 am

Its out on the PSN right now. I'm downloading the demo because I'm broke.

Postby Remni » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:57 am

Considering getting it for the Xbox, I'm just disappointed the co-op in it is local only. Not sure why they did that.

As for the comics themselves, I actually just finished reading them too. Pretty good comic, though some of it was hard to follow until the ending and such. I'm just unsure about how it ended if it was good or not.
My Steam - Xbox GamerTag: TheSweedishChef
Shameless league stuff!
Fortunately Unfortunate

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:20 pm

Remni wrote:Considering getting it for the Xbox, I'm just disappointed the co-op in it is local only. Not sure why they did that.

As for the comics themselves, I actually just finished reading them too. Pretty good comic, though some of it was hard to follow until the ending and such. I'm just unsure about how it ended if it was good or not.

I'm with you there. After reading a lot of manga which focuses on character development, the ending felt extremely shallow. Like he didn't even try to give it a proper conclusion just a "life goes on" one. As for the local co-op comment I agree that in this day and age online co-op should be a must, but I can see why they did it. The whole game was made as a tribute to old school beat em ups [pretty much the simpsons arcade] and having local co-op keeps it more old school.

And my friends and I are about to go do the levels of the final evil ex boyfriend and we're in love with the game. The whole game just feels like 16-bit [or 32-bit I can't tell] perfection. It's just plain awesome. It's hard [like any other beat em up], it has levels which unlock new moves, a zombie mode, and you can buy stuff to improve your stats in the game. Plus the video rental shop has scott's massive late fees as a nod to the comic.

I highly recommend the game to anybody who loves old school games. Hell there are even warp pipes in the in-game map.

Postby Kkeellaacc » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:05 pm

...but I can see why they did it...

Because Ubisoft is a terrible company and doesn't know how to make games anymore?
Signature Under Construction

Postby Asmodai » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:14 am

oh volume 6 is out?

The movie is getting pretty mediocre reviews so far... Game is well received though
Mephobiac

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:11 pm

The movie used to have an 80 something percent, now it has a 75% in Rotten Tomatoes. Do you know how hard it is for a movie to get a passing grade? Inception only has like an 87% and it's by far the best movie I've seen all year [besides toy story 3]. Metacritic is not as good as rotten tomatoes as it usually takes them longer to get more reviews.

Do you even consider the fact that like 50% of the people giving the film bad reviews are too old and too high class to appreciate something that is outright made for the video game generation? Not to mention that if comicbook nerds can give the movie one of the longest standing ovations in comicon I can pretty much say it will be a sick movie.

Postby Asmodai » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:25 pm

I´m just stating what I´ve seen so far on Metacritic... I honestly dont really care what score the movie gets, because I´m not gonna watch it

also, the ending of the comic was a huge let down...
Mephobiac

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:39 pm

metacritic has like 13 reviews on the movie right now. Rottentomatoes has 67 reviews and counting. It just went up to a 77%

Postby Asmodai » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:46 pm

I thought this was about the game, not the movie. Because the game is pretty well received
Mephobiac

Postby PunkyChipsAhoy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:03 pm

oh yeah, but you mentioned metacritic. Either ways I've been trying to find a list of items where they tell you what each does. For those who are interested, highly recommend paying off Scott's $500 debt. If you do, getting new lives and many items only cost 5 dollars.

Return to Snafu Gaming